Focus: Targeted distribution of press releases to Google News, global news sites, credentialed journalists, bloggers, websites, media influencers, social networks and wire services
Reach: Distributes to media outlets with a focus on national distribution, though clients can add on specific global markets. Partners with PRNewswire’s network and the Associated Press and has a cadre of journalists and bloggers as part of its Newswire who subscribe to the eReleases newsfeed. Customer service was unable to provide traffic estimates, but assured us they post hundreds of press releases per month.
Notable Clients / Typical Clients: The site and pricing structure is designed to appeal to mid-sized businesses as well as to global brands like Smuckers and Hyatt.
Phone: San Francisco HQ (800) 227-0845 | New York HQ (80) 221-2462
Customer Service: General customer service numbers are assigned based on regional editorial bureaus. There are 26 such bureaus in the U.S., 3 in Europe and 3 covering the Asia-Pacific.
Pricing: There is no membership fee, but all applications must be approved by your regional bureau before you can send a press release. Expect the basic rate for a press release to be around $400 for a 400-word press release. There is no official published rate card. Rather, those interested need to contact regional bureaus for a menu of products and prices. Prices vary by region, word count and distribution needs.
Basic Newswire Lite Package Includes:
- Permanent hosting on BusinessWire.com with keyword-rich, search-friendly URL
- Pinpoint distribution
- Searchable on the three major search engines – Google, Bing and Yahoo!
- SEO text and tag optimization
- On-site hosting – Post your press release to the site to give your press release the chance to be found by journalists, bloggers and media professionals who are looking for news.
- Wired news – Press release options include distribution to trades in over 200 industry categories; financial information systems such as Dow Jones and NASDAQ; newspapers including, Baltimore Sun, Daily Mirror and Financial Times; News services like Bloomberg and Reuters; magazines; television; radio; and hundreds of websites including Amazon Kindle Publishing for Blogs, McGraw-Hill, Yahoo! Finance, and Hollywood Reporter. BusinessWire.com goes to 89,000 media outlets in 162 countries.
- PressPass – This is the BusinessWire RSS feed that goes to more than 92,000 journalists.
- News Track Reporting – Find out who got your release with a list of the media that received the press release, links to where your release lives online and online viewership data
SEO & PageRank: The site has a Google PageRank of 7., BusinessWire.com includes no-follow links in all press releases.
Noteworthy Businesswire Reviews
Better Business Bureau: A- BBB Complaint and Review history
Does it Really Work? – According to the editor’s review, while BusinessWire.com does provide value by allowing you access to their massive distribution network, there’s little to differentiate their service from the other services. This is particularly important because would-be users must undergo a scrutiny of sorts and be accepted as a member of BusinessWire before they can use the service. Add to that the fact that the least you’ll pay per 400-word press release is around $400. “There are other press release services that we’d recommend before going with Business Wire. If this is the first release you’ve ever sent, we would go with eReleases, as they will hold your hand through the process more than the others…” [ Read More ]
Robert Beadle – In a comparison of four of the top press release distribution services, Business Wire fared well, but it’s hefty price tag for press releases, exclusive membership, and corporate-looking website makes it more suitable for larger businesses. “ It is the most expensive wire service of the big four. In 2010, Business Wire raised its prices on most of its products by requiring all users pay for…” [ Read More ]