We are seeking an entry level Online Marketing Associate for our NYC office, with a focus on search engine optimization (SEO). This is a tremendous opportunity to join a fast growing startup, founded by individuals who grew a previous company from 1 to over 700 employees.
You will work directly with the founders, including a former Chief Marketing Officer for a publicly traded company, and a serial entrepreneur who’s founded multiple successful online businesses. We believe strongly in mentorship, so if you are interested in becoming an online marketing and SEO expert, this is the learning opportunity of a lifetime.
- Keyword research – Identifying high-traffic opportunities for new articles.
- On-page optimization – Making sure that new and existing articles include the correct keywords, link structure, image alt tags, meta descriptions, and internal links.
- Site Optimization – Analyzing site traffic and coming up with, implementing, and tracking strategies to increase visitor engagement.
- Link Building – Networking and building relationships with other sites in our space by commenting on their blog posts, doing interviews, and finding ways to get those sites to link to FitSmallBusiness.com.
- Social Media – Assist in the development and implementation of community building strategies for LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, including engaging and responding to small business owners.
Who You are
You are smart with the ability to work in a methodical manner, and grind it out on a daily basis. You are also a people person who has no problem with online networking and building relationships.
The ability to work independently, and the flexibility that working for a startup demands, are both necessary to be successful in this position.
Online marketing experience is a plus, but not required.
Who We Are
FitSmallBusiness.com is an online publication that serves small business owners with a local presence. Our mission is to simplify the process of starting and running a business. In a little over a year, Fit Small Business has grown to over 250,000 monthly pageviews, and readership is growing at a rate of 20% per month.
Learn more about us here: http://fitsmallbusiness.com/about-us/
$40,000-$45,000 DOE. Opportunities for advancement limited only by our rate of growth, and your own ability.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter outlining why you are the right person for this position to email@example.com.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.