Can you get free advertising on Facebook, Google, or Bing?
The answer is “sorta” yes. All the companies just mentioned want to encourage new companies to start advertising and, from time to time, run promotional campaign which offer free advertising credits. There seems to be a trend towards reducing the amount of the free advertising credit or requiring some spend on the part of the new advertiser to use the credit. (Want to know more about Facebook advertising? Go here.)
Before we discuss how to get a free Facebook Ad Coupon or Adwords coupons, lets discuss the limitations of using these coupons:
- Coupons range in value from $25 to $100.
- You can only use one coupon per account. In other words, if you have five $50 coupons, you will not be able spend $250 advertising one website.
- If you been advertising for a while, for example a few weeks, generally speaking the companies will not allow you to apply the credit to your account.
There are three main ways in which you can get free advertising:
- Directly from the companies.
- Through your website hosting company.
- Via resellers on sites like Fiverr
Google and Yahoo! / Bing Both Directly Offer Free Advertising Credits
The free adwords advertising credit is very generous at $75. However, there is one small catch. You need spend $25 of your own money to get the credit. For more on how to advertise your business on Google go here.
Yahoo! and Bing sell their search advertising product together. They do offer a free small advertising credit of $50.
Currently, I am not aware of any program offered directly by Facebook.
Most Major Hosting Companies Have Deals With Google, Facebook, and Bing!
If you already have a website and are paying for hosting services, then you probably are eligible to receive credit for free online advertising. Your hosting company will provide you with a Facebook ad coupon code and adwords coupon code, which will you will be able to redeem for an advertising credit.
While the deals change from time to time, here are one that are currently being offered:
- Google – $100 Adwords Credit Which Becomes Active When You Spend $25
- Facebook – Free $50 Facebook Ad Coupon
- Yahoo! and Bing – Free $25 Ad Coupon
If you have not yet chosen a hosting company we recommend GoDaddy.
Other Methods For Getting Free Facebook Ad Coupons
Facebook has issued thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of coupons in the past. Many of them were not actually redeemed and are available for sale on sites like Fiverr for a small amount, like $5 for a $50 coupon. When a buy a coupon, there is a risk the Facebook coupon may have expired or have been used by too many people, and as a result, you want to be careful who you buy the code from.
Here is a list of quality sellers from IM Promocoders.
How To Redeem A Facebook Ad Coupon
- In the settings of your Facebook account, click on on “Manage Ads”
- On the left hand navigation, click on “Billing” then “Funding Source”
- In the upper right hand corner of the screen, click on “Add New Funding Source” and click on “Facebook Ad Coupon” and input your Facebook ad code.
To use the Facebook Ad Coupon credit, you will need to enter credit card information. Facebook will always first use the advertising credit up fully before charging your credit card.
Here are Facebook’s F.A.Q.s regarding ad coupons if you have further questions. For more on how to get the most out of Facebook advertising see our free guide on the topic here, or any questions on Facebook advertising costs see our article here.