Marc Waring Ventures, the company behind the small business education website, FitSmallBusiness.com, is seeking a person knowledgeable about finance to join our editorial team. Founded in 2013, FitSmallbusiness.com helps over 500,000 visitors each month make better decisions about their business. We are a fast growing NYC-based startup, with offices right across the street from Grand Central.
The financial writer will be an integral part of building the most comprehensive small business finance portal on the internet. We cover a wide range of topics related to small business finance from improving credit scores to how to qualify for a blanket commercial real estate mortgage. You don’t need to be an expert in every area from day one, but we expect the writer to be familiar with the big concepts and terminology of finance.
Here are examples of the type of articles that you will be writing:
This position includes:
- Writing in depth comparison articles of financial product providers.
- Researching (including interviewing experts) and writing articles about specialty credit areas, such as trade finance, asset backed lending and commercial real estate.
- Providing detailed responses to reader questions.
Qualifications for success:
- At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- You are a great researcher and writer.
- You are high energy, and passionate about helping small businesses.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly.
- You have a strong work ethic.
What we offer you:
- A starting salary between $40K and $60K depending on experience.
- Fully covered, high quality, $0 deductible health insurance
- 401K plan with matching
- A true meritocracy where you can grow as fast as your skills allow.
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to work with bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues
How To Apply:
Please fill out the following questionnaire. Please attach your resume at the end of the questionnaire.