NetSuite is a CRM solution that includes marketing automation, lead management and customer support. It also provides functionalities such as sales forecasting and order management. We compiled NetSuite CRM reviews from around the web to determine what customers think about the company. The pricing of NetSuite CRM solutions vary per company as they tailor-fit the CRM based on the company’s needs and requirements.
NetSuite CRM Customer Reviews
Summary of NetSuite CRM Customer Reviews
We scoured hundreds of reviews and found that NetSuite CRM has generally mixed ratings. Here’s what we found:
What NetSuite CRM does well:
Most of the positive reviews mentioned the efficiency of NetSuite CRM’s customization features that allow companies to design the dashboard according to their business needs.
What NetSuite CRM does not do well:
Negative reviewers said that NetSuite CRM can be quite complicated to navigate and would usually need a professional third party or a dedicated person who is really knowledgeable about the program to help them run it.
Most Helpful Positive Review
A user who left a positive review on Trust Radius said he particularly liked the efficient customization function of NetSuite CRM that allows them to map out their business needs and design it according to their operations. He finds the dashboard design very useful as it has shortcuts that allow him to quickly pull out reports when a member of the senior management requests it. The user also liked the fact that he can conveniently access the program anytime and on any device since it is cloud based.
Most Helpful Negative Review
A user who left a negative review on G2 Crowd said that using NetSuite CRM can get very expensive as it requires a lot of upgrades for important features that one would expect to be included in the basic package. The user said that the basic package doesn’t have purchasing functions and has very limited reporting capabilities.
NetSuite CRM Reviews From Users Around the Web
Here are a few other resources for finding helpful NetSuite CRM reviews from customers. We rated the review sites on a scale from poor to excellent based on how trustworthy and useful the reviews seemed.
|User Review Website||Average Rating||Number of Reviews||Quality of Reviews|
|Software Advice||4 out of 5||131||Great|
|G2 Crowd||2.9 out of 5||83||Great|
|Trust Radius||6.6 out of 10||39||Great|
How We Determined Quality of User Review Websites
- Software Advice has excellent quality reviews, verifies its users and implements specific review guidelines to all users. It uses simple information segregation including pros, cons, and recommendations making reviews easy to digest. There were also a lot of recent reviews on the site.
- G2 Crowd has a lot of recent and great quality reviews from verified users and asks specific questions that most respondents gave insightful answers to.
- Trust Radius has great quality reviews from verified users. They also provide particular areas for the reviewers to provide insight on and most respondents gave informative answers. Plus, the site has a lot of recent reviews.
NetSuite CRM Pricing
NetSuite CRM doesn’t publish their pricing online as they employ a custom pricing approach to their solutions. Interested parties need to contact NetSuite’s sales department for a free consultation or product tour.
Published information from third party resources indicate that the Netsuite’s Small Business edition begins at $99 per month which includes 1 user and 10 limited access users. There’s a top-up of $49 for each additional full user.
Monthly fees range from $99 to $129 with add-ons based on the customized features included in a company’s package.
Below are some of the published features that are available:
- Sales forecasting and quota management
- Lead management
- Employee incentive compensation management
- Order management
- Marketing automation
- Real-time dashboards, reporting, analytics and planning
- Mobile access
- Integration with ecommerce platforms