Marc Waring Ventures, the company behind the small business education website FitSmallBusiness.com, is seeking an online marketing expert to join our editorial team to write about online marketing and public relations for small businesses.
Founded in 2013, FitSmallbusiness.com is read by over 450,000 small business owners and managers each month. We are a fast growing NYC-based startup, with offices right across the street from Grand Central.
Are you an online marketing or PR expert looking to share your knowledge? Many of our readers are experimenting with online marketing or public relations for the first time. The ideal person for this position is a marketer with a broad range of experience including building websites, executing PPC campaigns, and drumming up press. We are open to talking with marketers who have worked at an online marketing agency and / or a small business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching, writing and editing articles related to marketing. Topics will include how to build a website, set-up and measure a PPC campaign, making the most from social media, writing press releases and blogs posts.
- Analyzing and reviewing marketing and pr related software and services. Reporting on significant changes in the industry, including google algo changes.
- Providing in depth responses to reader questions.
If you are looking to make a transition and start an exciting new writing career, this is the position for you.
Qualifications for success:
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience online marketing.
- You are comfortable writing about how to use technology products related to marketing and PR, like social media marketing tools.
- You are high energy, and passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly.
What we offer you:
- A starting salary between $40K and $60K depending on experience.
- A high quality health plan with $0 employee contribution.
- 401K plan with matching
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to work with bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com