Focus: Targeted distribution of press releases to Google News, global news sites, credentialed journalists, bloggers, websites, media influencers, social networks and wire services.
Reach: Distributes to media outlets across North America, Latin America, EMEA and Asia; generates nearly 3 million impressions per month and more than 1,000 news releases daily.
Notable Clients / Typical Clients: Government agencies including NASA and the SBA; for-profit and charitable organizations like American Red Cross, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Direct Relief, Kay Jewelers, Verizon; small businesses; public figures; and entertainment companies like Legacy Recordings (Dave Matthews Band, R. Kelly).
Phone: General customer service number for inquiries (800) 776-8090
Customer Service: Get live phone support from 8AM to 5PM EST. In addition to the general customer service number, there are regional editorial bureaus (East Coast and West Coast) customers can contact for assistance. PR Newswire also offers live chat and a call-back option where customers can receive a call from the customer service department within 24 hours.
Pricing: Annual membership is $195. You also pay a cost per-release you send. National distribution for a single, 400-word press release starts around $800. Multi-media press releases start at $2,200 per release.
PRNewswire offers a service called iReach that has no annual membership fees. It serves small business clients with three-tier pricing (SearchReach is $129 per release), WebReach is $299 per release, and WebReach Plus is $399 per release). Each product comes with the standard iReach press release features. The premium package also includes distribution to the iReach syndication network of 1,000 websites (including Yahoo!, AOL News, and MSNBC) and the opportunity to showcase your photo / product on the Reuters sign in Times Square.
Standard iReach Press Release Features
- Permanent hosting on PR Newswire with keyword-rich, search-friendly URL
- Searchable on the three major search engines – Google, Bing and Yahoo!
- Reach subscribers and bloggers with RSS
- Embed your press release in the social media toolbar
- SEO text and tag optimization
- On-site hosting – Post your press release to the site to give your press release the chance to be found by media influencers, journalists and investors. Blogger members can install niche-specific PR Newswire widgets on their websites. Journalist members get the opportunity to choose specific press release topics and companies of interest and have the releases delivered directly to their inboxes.
- Newslines – PRNewswire’s wire service can be as targeted (including multicultural, geo-locational, and niche targets) or as broad (global targets with releases translated into more than three dozen languages) as you need them to be. Newslines can syndicate to more than 5,000 websites, 10,000 U.S. News Outlets (including CNN, Boston Globe, CBS News, Detroit Free Press) and 49,000 international distribution points.
- Social Post – Reach PR Newswire’s more than 20,000 Twitter followers for an additional fee.
- Multi-media press releases – Further optimize press releases by including video, images and audio in press releases to make them more engaging and shareable and
- Translation services – For press releases targeting specific cultures or global press releases, have your release translated into up to 40 different languages.
SEO & PageRank: With a credible Google PageRank of 8, PR Newswire includes no-follow links in all press releases but your membership entitles you to release writing assistance from a member of the PR Newswire team. All releases are indexed by Google, Bing and Yahoo! and all press releases are text and tag optimized.
Better Business Bureau: Not BBB Accredited BBB Complaint and Review History
Does it Really Work? – Despite being the only press release service with an annual membership fee, PR Newswire gets solid feedback as a good investment for marketers, both because of its expansive network and because of the support you get in creating the actual press release itself. The company doesn’t create your message for you, but they can guide you on how to communicate your message. “PR Newswire provides a solid user experience and is a good value for the dollar. When you compare it to other services, you will soon see…” [ Read More ]
SIIA CODiE Awards – iReach was the winner of the 2013 CODiE Award for the Best Press Release Distribution Solution. PR Newswire counts this win among nearly two dozen other awards. “Users’ content is not only distributed to the iReach syndication network of 1,000+ networks including some of the most visited sites such as Yahoo!, AOL News, and MSNBC, but is also posted on PRNewswire.com, the industry’s most trafficked website, built upon a highly optimized platform, attracting 2.5 million unique visitors per month and receiving 1 million+ referrals from Google per month.” [ Read More ]