Focus: Targeted distribution of press releases to Google News, global news sites, credentialed journalists, bloggers, websites, media influencers, social networks and wire services
Reach: Distributes to media outlets across North America, Latin America, EMEA and Asia; PRWeb.com generates nearly 3 million hits per month.
Notable Clients / Typical Clients: Client roster includes local small businesses and e-commerce sites as well as more well-known organizations such as Easter Seals, Petco, FoodNetwork.com, and Parents Magazine
Phone: General customer service number for inquiries (866) 640-6397
Customer Service: Get live phone support from 24/7 with their editorial desk (one serves North American clients, the other number serves clients in the UK). PRWeb also offers live chat and direct numbers to their offices in Herndon, VA; Beltsville, MD; and Ferndale, WA.
Pricing: No annual membership. PRWeb.com offers five plans starting at the Basic package for $99 per news release.
Basic Package Includes:
- Basic press release template
- Your website shown in your press release
- Permanent hosting on PRWeb
- Searchable on the three major search engines – Google, Bing and Yahoo!
- Targeted distribution in 2 regions and 5 industries
- Real-time reporting and tracking (pick-ups and impressions)
- On-site distribution – Post your press release to the site to give your press release the chance to be found by media influencers, journalists and investors. Choose 5 industries and 2 regions to make your press release easier to find by media professionals, bloggers, journalists and publishers looking for stories.
- News Wire – PRWeb gets more than 82 million views to press release headlines per month. The service has 250,000 opt-in news subscribers, 30,000 journalists and bloggers creating content for high-profile publishers including ABCNews.com, USAToday.com, trade journals, regional newspapers, and Associated Press distribution.
- Multi-media press releases – Further optimize press releases by including video, images and audio in press releases to make them more engaging and shareable and
SEO & PageRank: With a credible Google PageRank of 7, PRWeb.com includes no-follow links in all press releases but your membership entitles you to release writing assistance from a member of the PRNewswire team. All releases are indexed by Google, Bing and Yahoo! and premium packages include text and tag optimization..
Noteworthy PRWeb Reviews
Better Business Bureau: A- BBB Complaint and Review History
No. 1 Reviews – A thorough editor’s review of 20 press release distribution services puts PRWeb.com right at the top of the list, earning more than 4 out of 5 stars. The editor rated criteria like level of media exposure, value for the money, customer support, ease of navigation and ease of joining. “If you’re brand new to press releases or you’ve written and distributed them 1000 times before, there’s always more you could learn. PRWeb.com offers an affordable and devoted global press release service (with a special focus on UK markets), with a number of additional services to help you improve your press releases and attain greater visibility online.” [ Read More ]
Knoji Consumer Knowledge – Overall, PRWeb gets high marks for affordability, distribution options and particularly for its partnership with the Associated Press. The primary drawback noted is the 350 word limit for press releases. “PRWeb is the grand-daddy press release service.” [ Read More ]
Searchengineland – A scathing critique of PRWeb’s loose guidelines as to what constitutes quality content,, based on the company’s widespread distribution of a fraudulent press release claiming Google would buy ICOA for $400 million. The press release turned out to be unauthorized, but drew the ire of many business and technology writers who assumed the release was credible based on PRWeb’s previously unquestioned credibility. “As it turns out, the Viagra release above didn’t make it into Google News, perhaps because only the “Standard” package of $159 was purchased. Google News and news search engines seem to require going up to the “Advanced” package for $199.” [ Read More ]