Everyone wants to be quotable. After all, coining great real estate quotes can instantly boost credibility with colleagues and clients. Most of the time though, we’re lucky our clients remember the gist of what we said let alone the exact words. I’ve had many clients ask me about “the city tax thing” instead of asking about the “421A tax abatement program.” Why?
Put simply, in order to have your clients remember exactly what you say, it has to be important and catchy enough to get them to repeat it to a friend. Easier said than done!
We put together this list of real estate quotes from industry luminaries and other brilliant minds in order to get you thinking about not only why you love your career, but how you can maybe distill some of your own wisdom to become a quotable person.
Want more real estate leads? Become a Zillow Premier Agent.
1. “Buyers decide in the first eight seconds of seeing a home if they’re interested in buying it. Get out of your car, walk in their shoes and see what they see within the first eight seconds.”
2. “Expansion always, in all ways”
3. “This is my strategy; not to negotiate. That is negotiation.
-Million Dollar Listing’s Fredrik Eklund (2014 sales volume: $535,000,000)
4. “Our value proposition is accuracy and convenience”
-Ben Caballero (2015 sales volume: $924,925,979)
5. “Even with every nightmare problem today- I’m surprised I still have hair, nightmare, nightmare, nightmare, constantly problem solving… but it’s still like a thrill.”
-Manhattan mega-broker Dolly Lenz (Career sales volume: $7 billion+)
6. “Success if actually a short race- a sprint fueled by discipline just long enough for habit to kick in and take over.”
-Keller Williams Founder Gary Keller
7. “Before you start trying to work out which direction the property market is headed, you should be aware that there are markets within markets”
8. “If you don’t own a home, buy one. If you own a home, buy another one. If you own two homes, buy a third.”
-John Paulson, Hedge Fund Manager and billionaire
9. “It’s much easier for me to make a major life, multi-million dollar decisions, than it is to decide on a carpet for my front porch. That’s the truth.”
10. “Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.”
11. “The best time to buy a home is always five years ago.”
12. “In a crowded marketplace fitting in is a failure. In a busy marketplace not standing out is being invisible.”
13. “Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.”
14. “Buy land, they’re not making it any more.”
15. “Don’t wait to buy real estate. Buy real estate and wait.”
16. “Find out where the people are going and buy the land before they get there.”
-William Penn Adair
Our Readers’ Favorite Real Estate Quotes
My 2 favorite quotes:
My strategy for survival, You list, you last.
-Gregg Goldsholl, Larchmont Houses
-Rick Sheppard, SRES, GRI, Associate Broker, RE/MAX Achievers
Bruce Ailion, Broker, Attorney RE/MAX Town and Country
My favorite, the one and only, Location Location Location, the most important factor in real estate. I liked it so much I made it my web site. A close second is You Make Money When You Buy, selling is the realization of buying right.
Sissy Lappin, Co-Founder, ListingDoor.com
Chantay Bridges, Senior Real Estate Specialist, TruLine Realty
Melinda Hines, Licensed Realtor RE/MAX Realty Services
Purchased with common sense, paid for in full, and managed with reasonable care it is about the safest investment in the world – Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Rita Manzione, Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, Keller Williams Realty Hudson Valley United
Tracey Hampson, CalBre # 01429142, Century 21 Troop Real Estate
My favorite real estate quote is, Real Estate Is A Contact Sport.
This quote really says it all! We are in the belly to belly, face to face business!
Aaron Norris, MBA, APR, The Norris Group
Use what you have, to get what you need, to get what you want. I have no idea who said it. But, it specifically refers to being in the real estate investing world. We all come into real estate with different skillsets and assets. It’s leveraging what you have to get where you want to be.
Eriks Draiska, Managing Director, Plaza Real Estate
One of my favourite quotes is from Eric Thomas: Innovation is Powerful… Execution is Worshipped.
I love this quote. There is so much to do in running any business as well as for Real Estate. Sales, Marketing, Lead Generation, Follow UP, Nurturing Clients and a myriad of others.
There’s always new ways to do something… constantly another fresh, bright and shiny object. But ‘Doing’ it ‘Executing’ it, is what counts otherwise it’s just another great idea laid to rest.
Sarah F. Findel, Global Real Estate Advisor, Engel & Völkers Monmouth County
29. Everyone can invest in average opportunities; wealth is built by investing in the greatest opportunity the economy presents. – Giovanni Fernandez
Giovanni Fernandez, Owner & CEO, National Real Estate
Over to You
What’s your favorite real estate quote? Let us know in the comments.