One of the many benefits of living in the Internet age is immediate access to information. From the comfort of your office or living room (or maybe even your bathroom, let’s be honest), you can learn powerful sales techniques and strategies to improve your game. And, you can do all of this for free, thanks to the power of YouTube, Vimeo, and the like.
In this post, we’re exploring the best darn sales training videos we’ve ever come across. You’ll also find recommended sales training video examples from small business professionals, just like you.
Before we dive into the details on this topic, we also suggest you check out Insightly, our recommended small business CRM. Insightly is an inexpensive, easy to use, contact and task management system. Visit Insightly to learn more.
Our Top 25 Sales Training Videos
1. Favorite Line: “It’s our job as sales professionals to be intentional about finding out what expectations people have.”
Sales Training Video: This isn’t my video, it’s from Sandler. One of the things I like about Sandler’s sales training is that it centers around transparency and establishing clear up-front expectations with clients. This removes a lot of tension and prevents both miscommunication and lack of communication.
-Zach Scardino, Owner, Scardino Printing
Favorite sales training video – Two: The Muppets Sell, Sell, Sell is hysterical, and this one is sooo great! 🙂
-Irving Stackpole, Healthcare Marketing Consultant, Stack Pole Associates
3. Favorite Line: “You have less energy and you sound less friendly when you are sitting down.”
I came across this video about 2 years ago when I was advising an auto dealership. While put in the context of automotive sales, there are a number of worthwhile sentiments, lessons, strategies, word tracks, and more that would be useful to salespeople in any industry. It’s straight-talk approach is a breath of fresh air compared to a number of training videos and I share it with anyone I want to sell something on my, or a client’s behalf.
How to Work a Car Deal – Automotive Sales Training – Jim Ziegler
-Brian Massie, Communication Consultant, Taylor Business Solutions
Sales training video: Anything by Scott Bell. Here’s a link to one of his videos. Quick, to the point. Easy to understand.
For a great real world picture of selling and sales team chemistry there is no better film than Glenngary Glenn Ross. It is a movie based on a Broadway play that absolutely creates the highs and lows of a sales job.
It is a little rough in the language in some scenes but right on point. Every sales team I have been with or managed has a person that directly matches a character in the film. It will give the viewer a down and dirty real world picture of hard ball selling. Alec Baldwin, Jack Lemon, Alan Arkin, Al Pacino and many other top talents are in the production.
I always suggest this to anyone who is in sales so they can see it is not always rosy but can be with hard work.
-Mike Smith, Founder, SalesCoaching1
6. Favorite Line: “You’re online, you’re reading/watching this, and you really have the commitment to do this now.”
I like this video for the following reasons:
- It’s all content and strategy, selling nothing.
- The techniques can be used by anybody in any setting.
- The strategies are simple and easy to use.
We work with dozens of oil & gas companies of all sizes, ranging from some of the country’s largest independent operators ($XXBB) down to some small ma & pops (<$1MM).
That said, a large part of any sales process is the science of influence. To become your most effective salesman, you must internalize the six principles of ethical persuasion: reciprocity, scarcity, liking, authority, social proof, and commitment/consistency.
Anyways, short of reading The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini, this video outlining the book’s core concepts is the best 11 minutes any salesmen could ever invest:
-Greg Archbald, Founder & CEO, GreaseBook
My current favorite training video has to be by a company named workable.com and the reasons why I like this video is because for one. The video is under 6 minutes and they cover all features within that time frame. The voiceover is perfect, clear and direct. The video quality is great and so are the graphics.
-Taylor Murray, Co-founder and Senior Developer, Call Tools
9. Favorite Line: “Most sales people, maybe even you, never understand or are never taught why the “think it over” situation occurs.
“I want to think about it.” “I want to think it over.” Crap! | Sales Training
10. Favorite Line: “There are three reasons of enormous significance as to why people will choose your services, so what is the first reason?”
Selling The Invisible: Four Keys To Selling Services
11. Favorite Line: “The word ‘now’ … is very, very powerful because it’s a word that actually states a set pace of time.”
3 Words That Sell and Influence Others (Great Addition to any Sales Pitch) – MichaelBernoff.com
12. Favorite Line: “You do not need tricks or gimmicks to close.”
Top Sales Closing Techniques
13. Favorite Line: “Our job is to lower the resistance over time.”
How to Close a Sale – 5 Reasons Clients Don’t Buy
14. Favorite Line: “Get through the gatekeeper and go to the top.”
Cold Calling Techniques: How to Get Past Gatekeepers
15. Favorite Line: “One of the major reasons [people don’t buy from you] is risk.”
Small Business Marketing Tips For Increasing Sales – Small Business Marketing Tips
16. Favorite Line: “What are three benefits that your business, service, or product does for a customer?”
Dump The Head Trash [Fear of Cold Calling or Selling?]
17. Favorite Line: “Value is determined individually.”
11 AMAZING Tips To CLOSE SALES
18. Favorite Line: “If you want to be successful in selling, you must become very, very good at prospecting.”
Brian Tracy – How To Improve Sales – Part 1
19. Favorite Line: “How you think about selling will pretty much determine how successful or not you’ll be in selling… It’s all 80% mindset, 20% sales strategies or techniques.”
How to Sell Your Product or Service: Acquiring the Sales Mindset (Part 1 of 11) – Sales Training
20. Favorite Line: “Selling ain’t hard when you know how.”
Sales Excellence – How to become a Great Salesperson
21. Favorite Line: “Selling is service.”
Sales Training — The Critical First Mindset for Mastering Sales
22. Favorite Line: “…Encourage the customer to talk about what they want.”
Sales Training Video #3 – Sales Tips and Techniques – How To Build Rapport On A Telephone Call
23. Favorite Line: “You’ve got to have a scripted close and you’ve got to build an ask into that close.”
Sales Training: Close the Sale Faster with These 2 Powerfully Effective Closing Techniques
24. Favorite Line: “How to use the LinkedIn Sales Navigator… Very powerful tool that you definitely have to use if you’re selling, if you’re a lead gen, or if you really want to generate prospects in a very effective manner.”
LinkedIn Sales Navigator Training 2015
25. Favorite Line: “I understand how you feel. With your permission, can I note that as an area of concern, and cover it at the end of my presentation?”
Handling and Overcoming Objections: Becoming a Sales Professional
A big thank you to everyone who contributed. Do you know of an awesome sales training video that we missed? Please share it with us in the comments below! Sharing is caring.
Want to manage 1000's of leads, save time, and get organized? Click Here to get our FREE CRM guide and find out how.