Everything You Need to Know About How to Start a Business
For many individuals, starting a business is a mysterious process which is difficult to navigate. Contrary to popular belief, being an entrepreneur isn’t nearly as difficult as it seems if you have the right information on hand. We’ve written the guides below to offer an overview on how to get a successful business up and running.
Starting a Retail Business
Retail is one of the fastest growing and most exciting segments of the business world today. More than 24 million people earn their livelihood from the industry. There’s a lot that goes into launching a brick and mortar store, including leasing, layout, managing inventory and processing payments. Fortunately, it’s not too difficult when you have the right information on hand.
- Planning Your Store Layout: Step-by-Step Instructions
- How to Set Up Your Retail Store Lighting
- Storefront Signs – How to Choose the Right Sign for Your Business
- Grand Opening Ideas, Goals, Marketing Budget, and More
- The Ultimate Guide to Cash Wraps, Cash Wells, and Checkout Counters
- How to Accept Credit Cards: The Ultimate Guide for Small Businesses
Do you have a website for your business? If not, you’re almost certainly losing customers that look online. With modern technology, it’s pretty easy to get up and running online, at very little cost. From there, you’ll want to focus on driving traffic to your website via search traffic, social media, or other channels.
- Small Business Website: How to Create One in 4 Simple Steps
- Free Business Email Address: Where to Get One and How to Set It Up
- How to Advertise on Google and Boost Your Small Business
- Facebook Advertising: A How-To Guide for Small Businesses
- Best Website Builder: Weebly vs Wix vs WordPress
Hiring & Managing
As you grow your business, there will come a time when you can no longer handle everything yourself. That’s good news, but taking on employees can be daunting, especially if you’ve never done it before. But it can be made easier by breaking the hiring and managing process into actionable steps.
- How to Write a Job Description: The Ultimate Guide
- Where to Advertise a Job Online
- Guide to Providing Health Insurance for Small Business Owners
- Small Business Maternity & Paternity Leave Policy & Laws
- How to Set Up Payroll: The Ultimate Guide
Bookkeeping & Finances
Every year, 1/3 of all US companies with one or more employees get fined for tax errors. The best way to avoid that scenario is by staying on top of your bookkeeping throughout the year, so that everything is ready to go come tax season. We’ll walk you through how to manage your finances in Quickbooks and offer more details about handling some of the trickier taxes you might face.
- Complete Quickbooks Course: 39 Free Quickbooks Online Tutorials
- Best Accounting Software – Who’s the Best?
- Opening a Business Bank Account: What You Need to Get Started Today
- FUTA and Form 940: What Employers Need to Know for 2016
Need money to start your business? The bad news is that it is very difficult to get financing until you’ve proven your idea works and your business can generate revenue. At first, your personal finances will be a major driver of your business. As your business takes off, more financing options will begin to open up. The following guides offer insight into many of those options.
- How to Check Your Personal & Business Credit Scores for Free
- Putting Personal Money Into a Business: A Step-by-Step Guide for SMB Owners
- Types of SBA Loans: 6 SBA Loan Programs in Detail
- SBA Loan Rates: Current Interest Rates and How They Work
- Startup Business Loans: The 9 Best Options
- How to Set Up Rollover for Business Startup (ROBS) Financing