In its Visual Networking Index White Paper, Cisco claims that 80% of the global internet traffic will be video by 2019. If you’re an online marketer, this is one ride you don’t want to miss. Hop on board with these 15 video marketing statistics that you should know.
1. How many hours of video do people watch per day?
Internet users around the world combined now watch one billion hours of video every day. (Source: Youtube 2017)
2. What is the ideal video length to get the most engagement?
Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement. Engagement is steady up to 2 minutes, which means a 90-second video will hold the viewer’s attention as much as a 30-second video. (Source: Wistia 2016)
3. What percent of online users search for videos about a product or service before going to an actual store?
Roughly 5 out of 10 users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Source: ThinkWithGoogle)
4. Do videos influence a user’s desire to purchase?
Yes, they do because shoppers who view videos are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers. (Source: Adobe)
5. What percent of businesses use video as a marketing tool?
61% of businesses reported they use video as a marketing tool. Of these, 66% were not using video a year ago. (Source: Wyzowl 2016)
6. How effective are videos in keeping a consumer interested in a company?
Very effective because 25% of consumers actually lose interest in a company if it doesn’t have video. (Source: Animoto)
7. What type of content has the best return on investment?
52% of marketing professionals worldwide claim that video is the type of content with best ROI ahead of articles, images, infographics, or audio content. (Source: Syndacast)
8. If a marketer wishes to rank on the first page of Google search, should he use a video or text article?
9. Do videos help in driving traffic to a website?
10. If videos drive traffic, do they also increase conversion rates?
They do. Video on landing pages can increase conversion by more than 80%. (Source: Vidyard 2016)
11. In social media, which type of content generates more shares?
Videos are the runaway winner, generating 1200% more shares than text and images combined. (Source: Brightcove 2017)
12. Will integrating videos to the marketing strategy improve CTR and conversion rates?
Yes, it will. Companies that integrate videos to their marketing strategy have 27% higher CTR and 34% higher web conversion rates than companies that don’t. (Source: Adstage 2017)
13. Are videos effective at encouraging users to click on marketing e-mails?
14. Are video advertisements effective in persuading viewers to buy?
They are actually very effective as enjoyment of video advertisements results to an increase in purchase intent by 97%. (Source: Hubspot 2016)
15. How do companies employing video marketing outperform those who do not in terms of revenues?
Brands that use video marketing grow their year-over-year revenue 49% faster than brands that don’t. (Source: Aberdeen)
Video marketing is the new frontier and online marketers should be quick to adapt to this trend. What do you think about these video marketing statistics? Let us know in the comment section below.