Zendesk is a helpdesk application that allows companies to resolve customer concerns, answer queries and organize client information across several channels (i.e. your website’s “contact us” page, social media accounts, email and live chat) through the use of a cloud-based system.
We compiled reviews from our own website plus user reviews from around the web to determine what Zendesk customers think about the company. We also compared the most popular pricing options for small business owners.
Zendesk Customer Reviews
Ease of Use: Average
Customer Service: Good
Summary of User Reviews
We scoured hundreds of reviews and found that Zendesk has generally positive ratings. Here’s what we found:
What Zendesk does well:
From the reviews we read, most clients were happy with the program’s intuitive user interface. Clients stated that their customer service team found the program’s ticketing system easy to learn and navigate.
What Zendesk does not do well:
While Zendesk’s core ticketing system received praises, it is not immune to mishaps and errors. A few customers complained that the program would freeze and load slowly when there’s a large volume of tickets in the queue. There are rare reports of the system malfunctioning for unknown reasons.
Most Helpful Positive User Review
According to a user who left a 5-star review on Zendesk, he found the service simple to use and even simpler to teach others how to use it. He even asserted that he taught his coworkers how to use Zendesk and they were well on their way to answering tickets after an hour of training.
Most Helpful Negative User Review
One user who left a negative review said that Zendesk had a lot of problems. Among his many complaints were:
- The program often malfunctions
- Zendesk started doing things that it wasn’t programmed to do
- Customer service offered solutions that didn’t work
- The explanations and solutions given by different customer service representatives were contradictory
Other Zendesk User Reviews From Around the Web
Here are a few other resources for finding helpful Zendesk customer reviews. We rated the review sites on a scale from poor to excellent based on how trustworthy and useful the reviews seemed.
*Average rating as of date article was written: Jan. 12, 2017
How We Determined Quality of User Review Websites
- G2 Crowd has excellent quality reviews from verified users, and asks specific questions that most respondents gave well thought out answers to. Not all reviews are organic though, and some come from reviewers invited by the company to review their product in exchange for an incentive. This is noted next to the review.
- TrustRadius has a lot of reviews from customers and divides the reviews according to different products from the companies. However, vendors can invite customers to review their products in the site and reviewers must state if they receive any incentive for reviewing the company’s products. Reviews with incentives tend to lower the credibility of the review even when this information is clearly disclosed.
- PC Mag does not have customer reviews; instead, the product is tested by their staff, who writes an in-depth review on it. Although we only see one or two people’s viewpoints in the review, the website’s reviews are usually very comprehensive and cover points that customer reviews might miss.
|Pricing per month||$9 per agent||$25 per agent||$59 per agent|
|Customer Support?||None.||Email support:|
|Phone and email support:
24 hrs (M-F)
|Allows multiple brands?||No||No||Yes, up to 5 brands|
|Social Media integration||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Zendesk has 5 plans which range in price from $9 to $200 per agent per month. We decided to include the three plans which we feel are the best options for small businesses. The pricing detailed above applies to all clients who pay on a monthly basis. If you decide to pay annually, you can get a discount on all of their plans.
Best Pricing Option for Small Business Owners
As its name suggests, the Zendesk Support Essential plan contains all the essentials necessary to run a small business. This basic bundle supports different channels so you can process customer tickets filed via email, social media accounts, your website widget, phone support and chat support.
Compare Zendesk Competitors
Not sure if Zendesk is the right fit for you? Read our helpdesk comparison guide or check out one of these three Zendesk competitors.