ZipBooks is an accounting program that allows small businesses to manage their invoices and track employee work hours for free. We compiled ZipBooks reviews from around the web to determine what ZipBooks customers think about the company. We also compared the most popular pricing options for small business owners.
ZipBooks Customer Reviews
Summary of User Reviews
We scoured hundreds of reviews and found that ZipBooks has generally positive ratings. Here’s what we found:
What ZipBooks does well:
Users who gave ZipBooks a positive review are amazed that a product as feature-filled as ZipBooks comes free-of-charge. According to them, ZipBooks is a great tool for small and new businesses who don’t have enough funds to invest in a paid accounting software.
What ZipBooks does not do well:
Users who left negative reviews said that ZipBooks customer support was slow in responding to complaints.
Most Helpful Positive User Review
One user who left a 5-star review of ZipBooks said that they loved how the program had several features, considering that it was a free product. Some of the great features he pointed out were:
- Ability to input client details
- Time-tracking and project management capabilities
- Ability to create and send invoices with just a few clicks
- Recurring invoices and scheduled payment reminders
- Great reporting features
Most Helpful Negative User Review
One user who gave ZipBooks a negative review said that he had several issues with the program, so he sought out the help of customer support. His ticket went unanswered for three weeks and he only got a response from support when he started spamming them with follow-up messages.
Other ZipBooks User Reviews From Around the Web
Here are a few other resources for finding helpful ZipBooks customer reviews. We rated the review sites on a scale from poor to excellent based on how trustworthy and useful the reviews seemed.
*Average rating as of date article was written: Feb. 27, 2017
How We Determined Quality of User Review Websites
- G2 Crowd has excellent quality reviews from verified users, and asks specific questions that most respondents gave well thought out answers to.
- Facebook is a popular social media platform with a lot of users. Since it is highly accessible, most users prefer to review the service through Facebook. However, there’s no review template to follow, so some reviews are one-liners that lack information.
- Capterra is a lesser-known review site, although it does have its fair share of decent reviews. Users can review the service on different aspects, like customer support, price, functionality and ease of use.
|Online Accounting Software|
|Invoice and Billing Software|
|Credit Card Processing||2.9% + $0.30 (Visa, Mastercard and other credit cards)
3.4% + $0.30 (AMEX)
ZipBooks offers accounting, invoicing, and time-tracking tools for small businesses for free. Their accounting software includes online banking, which supports multiple accounts. Aside from the features they offer, they also allow easy app integration with programs and tools like Slack, Asana, and Google Apps.
How They Make Money
ZipBooks uses an invoice financing model to make money. Invoice financing allows you to get paid by a lender for the amount of an invoice, then pay back the amount of the cash advance over time plus interest.
If you are a small business with a cash flow problems, you can get a cash advance from ZipBooks for the amount of an outstanding invoice. They automatically schedule repayment over a 12-week period. If you have a $20,000 invoice, they would debit your connected business checking account for $1,766.67 per week every week for 12 weeks. After the first week, you have the option to go into the invoice history and pay back the loan early to avoid additional interest on the cash advance.