A2 Hosting is a reliable web hosting service provider with generous disk space and bandwidth that come at competitive prices—as low as $2.99 per month for a 36-month term. It provides advanced tools and technologies for speed and security, making it a leading choice for businesses that handle sensitive information like user contact and payment information. It’s highly recommended for ecommerce websites and industries, such as medical and legal.
Who A2 Hosting Is Best For
A2 Hosting offers outstanding plans with inclusions focused on delivering high-speed and secure websites. Its tools and features are best for those building websites that consume a lot of storage. It is also beginner-friendly with a site builder and templates you may customize to your liking.
A2 Hosting is best for:
- Businesses with existing sites looking to move to a faster provider: If your business grows and needs more power and speed, then A2 Hosting is for you. It allows you to transfer your domain and provides free site migrations, unlike Bluehost that charges extra for that service. It is among our list of the best web hosting companies for small businesses for its fast average loading speed of 284ms.
- Reseller hosting providers with an existing clientele that has various budgets and needs: Those looking for a reseller hosting service that has multiple payment options—specifically on a monthly, annual, and triennial basis—can go for A2 Hosting. It is still among our list of the best reseller hosting providers for its flexible payment terms and advanced features for its service speed.
- Small businesses with a high volume of business emails: If you are on a budget and are looking for a web hosting company that offers unlimited business emails, try A2 Hosting. While there are lower-cost options on the market, it made it to our list of the best cheap web hosting providers for providing the low introductory rates for feature-rich plans that include free unlimited emails.
- Businesses that handle sensitive information: If you are looking for a secured web hosting service for your eCommerce, legal, or medical website, then A2 Hosting is for you. It provides perpetual features—even on its entry-level plan—unlike some of its competitors like GoDaddy that provides added security through a separate subscription service. All plans include dual firewall, brute force defense, reinforced distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) protection, virus scanning, server hardening, 24/7/365 security monitoring, and kernel updates.
- Best for businesses with content-heavy websites: Despite A2 Hosting’s slightly higher price tag than most basic web hosting providers, it is still an excellent choice for those who prioritize speed, reliability, and performance. It also provides unlimited storage and unmetered bandwidth, ideal for companies looking to build sites with rich content, such as a huge online store with many product photos.
- Companies with an international presence: A2 Hosting lets users choose from its data centers across three continents to ensure fast website loads for its visitors. Other companies—like DreamHost—only have available data centers in the United States.
Who A2 Hosting Isn’t Best For
A2 Hosting is an excellent choice for businesses with heavy consumption. Since it is packed with comprehensive tools for the said usage, its plans have slightly heavier price tags than Hostinger. The web hosting company that’s best for you is the one that fits your needs most.
A2 Hosting is not recommended for:
- Businesses with very basic web hosting needs: While A2 Hosting is considered affordable, it isn’t the cheapest option in the market. It’s because this web hosting provider is packed with excellent features for speed and security. Those who don’t need these extras and are starting can check out GoDaddy instead.
- Those looking for better green hosting companies: While A2 Hosting has its own green hosting initiatives, nothing beats GreenGeeks’ 300% green energy match. It also provides outstanding web hosting services at lower prices.
A2 Hosting provides robust packages that ensure excellent website performance. However, if you’re a beginner and just wanted to put your name out there, then this provider is over the top for you. There are cheaper options that can match your current needs, like DreamHost.
A2 Hosting Pricing
A2 Hosting is among the cheapest web hosting companies that provide considerable savings in its long-term plans. Its introductory prices—that start at $2.99 per month—are applicable for plans with 36-month contracts. All shared hosting plans include solid-state drive (SSD) or nonvolatile memory express (NVMe) storage, secure sockets layer (SSL) certification, ready-to-use templates, and a site builder.
Unlike other alternatives like GreenGeeks, there’s no free annual domain registration included in its plans. However, those with existing sites and domain registration can still consider A2 Hosting due to its reliable speed and power. Moreover, they can migrate their current websites for free, unlike Bluehost that charges $149.99 for this service.
Shared Hosting Plans
Business owners or entrepreneurs who need to host one website
Those who are looking to build multiple sites
Teams who run multiple websites with heavy content
Teams who want the fastest and fullest A2 Hosting experience
Number of Websites
Amount of Storage
100GB of SSD
Numbers of Business Emails
**Renewal rates reflected are applicable for plans with 36-month contracts.
For more information, select a plan from the dropdown menu below:
Those who only need to host a single website must check out A2 Hosting’s Startup plan. Introductory prices range from $2.99 to $10.99 per month while renewal rates start at $8.99 per month, depending on the length of the term.
This base plan is already robust—packed with a generous amount of 100GB SSD storage. Other providers like HostGator offer unlimited storage in their entry-level package, but A2 Hosting’s Startup plan is still valuable in terms of added features that ensure speed and performance.
Additionally, it comes with the following:
- Unlimited transfer
- 700MB of physical memory
- SSL certificate
- Perpetual security features
- Free site migration
- Unlimited business email addresses
- Ecommerce tools
- cPanel control panel
If you are testing the waters or planning to put up a website or blog for your business, try Startup. This entry-level tier is a pretty decent plan for beginners, and you can always upgrade to a higher plan at any time once your need grows.
If you need to host more than one website, try Drive. It allows users to host an unlimited number of websites and provides limitless amounts of SSD storage. This higher-tier plan has fees that start at $4.99 per month for the initial term. Meanwhile, renewal fees range from $11.99 to $12.99 per month, depending on the length of the contract.
Drive plan includes the following:
- Everything Startup offers
- Additional features like free automatic backups
- 1GB of physical memory
- Unlimited add-on domains
Are you looking for more power than Drive? Go for the Turbo Boost Plan. Like the Drive plan, it allows customers to host an unlimited number of websites with “Turbo” that promises to provide up to 20 more times of speed. Initial monthly fees start at $6.99 while regular monthly rates start at $19.99, depending on the contract length.
Turbo Boost comes with everything the Drive plan provides and premium tools, such as 2GB of physical memory, site accelerator, and traffic surge protection. This specific tier is where the type of storage changes from SSD to NVMe, which can be up to seven times faster than the former.
Turbo Max—A2 Hosting’s highest shared hosting service tier—is ideal for those who need the fastest shared hosting server. Discounted monthly prices for the initial term start at $12.99, and regular monthly rates start at $24.99.
On top of Turbo Boost’s key features, this plan offers additional capabilities, such as 5X resources and 4GB of physical memory. The previous plans are more than enough for simple business websites, but if you want the whole A2 Hosting experience for your numerous sites, then Turbo Boost is the one for you.
A2 Hosting Features & Key Insights
A2 Hosting’s shared hosting plans come with features for building fast-loading, secure, and powerful websites. It also provides security features and other storage-type options that its competitors like GoDaddy don’t offer. If speed is your priority, then A2 Hosting is definitely worth your try.
Storage & Bandwidth
A2 Hosting provides users with two storage options that are included in their shared hosting plan tiers. These storage types are SSD and NVMe—10 to 35 times faster than traditional hard disk drives (HDDs).
Its base plan offers a limited 100GB of SSD storage, which is still considered generous, compared with what other competitors, like SiteGround or DreamHost, provide. Moreover, Premium A2 Hosting plans come with unlimited SSD or NVMe storage. In addition to these tools, it also features unlimited transfers and bandwidth, making it best for those with content-heavy and high-traffic websites.
A2 Hosting is among the most reliable web hosting companies due to its features that are focused on performance, speed, and security. Its data centers are located in Michigan, Arizona, Amsterdam, and Singapore. Users can choose from any of its data centers to ensure fast page loads for your site visitors.
If you want to try its shared hosting services with peace of mind, worry no more as it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This satisfaction guarantee is only applicable if you cancel within 30 days from the effective date.
Additionally, A2 Hosting provides a 99.9% uptime commitment. It offers a 5% paid monthly fee service credit for every hour your website is unavailable due to any unscheduled downtime that its support team must confirm.
Features & Inclusions
A2 Hosting offers comprehensive web hosting packages that are known for delivering fast and secure websites. Its base plan is more than enough for small businesses as it includes the following:
- SSD site boost
- Cloudflare CDN
- Anycast DNS
- Virus scanner
- Dual firewall
- Brute force defense
Though SiteGround is also among the well-known web hosting companies for speed, we still believe that A2 Hosting is better due to its lower price. It also has nearly the exact load times with more storage.
A2 Hosting provides 24/7/365 customer support across various channels, such as live chat, email, and phone. Additionally, it offers a knowledge base that allows you to browse or search for answers to your inquiries regarding its services.
A2 Hosting’s support team is among its strengths, as confirmed by actual users. Customers are impressed with its agents’ swift response and expertise in handling technical and nontechnical problems.
What Users Think of A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting has thousands of recent user reviews online. The majority of these statements align with our analysis of being one of the best web hosting companies. This is due to its speed and performance. At the time of writing, it earned the following unbiased ratings from popular and credible user review websites:
- HostAdvice: 4.7 out of 5-stars based on 1,672 reviews
- Trustpilot: 4.3 out of 5-stars based on 1,256 reviews
- G2: 4.5 out of 5-stars based on 145 reviews
- ConsumerAffairs: 4.5 stars out of 5-stars based on 42 reviews
Most users—who switched from a different provider—applaud A2 Hosting’s speed and performance. They reported that it has significantly improved their website performance. Many also appreciate its excellent customer support team for being responsive and helpful in solving issues and answering inquiries.
Meanwhile, there are only a few negative A2 Hosting customer reviews. These comments mentioned occasional server downtime, and some customers find its pricing to be steep. Most of these disappointed customers shared that they are using VPS or WordPress hosting.
Due to its proven speed-improving technologies, A2 Hosting is an excellent choice for businesses with high traffic and heavy storage consumption. It’s also great for companies handling sensitive data as it features perpetual security capabilities, including dual firewall and brute force defense. Other providers, like GoDaddy, offer advanced website security services at added fees.
Additionally, its green hosting initiatives are a great bonus, especially for environment-conscious companies. If you’re looking for an advanced web hosting service offered at competitive fees, and don’t mind the more than doubled regular rates upon renewal, then A2 Hosting is for you.
You Might Also Like…
- Learn how to create a business website to improve your business’ online presence.
- Find out more about the best web hosting companies for small businesses.
- Do you want an easy way to build a WordPress site? Check out our list of the best page builders for WordPress and easy website design.