You can choose from three Barclays business credit cards issued on behalf of three partner airlines: American Airlines, JetBlue, and Hawaiian Airlines®. Each card has a large sign-up bonus worth up to 70,000 miles, and ongoing rewards on airline purchases. Barclays cards offer APRs of 17.74% or 26.74% depending on your creditworthiness.
Barclays business credit cards are best for business owners that fly frequently with American Airlines, JetBlue, or Hawaiian Airlines® and that want to save on travel expenses. These cards offer additional features like travel assistance services and inflight discounts as much as 50% off food and beverages. This issuer only offers travel rewards credit cards. If your business doesn’t travel often, consider another card from our credit card marketplace instead.
Barclays Business Credit Cards at a Glance
Barclays cards have top introductory bonuses that only Chase and American Express can match. Although these cards’ ongoing APRs are slightly higher than business travel rewards credit cards, two of the issuer’s cards include popular features like first free checked luggage that make up for it. If being loyal to one airline doesn’t interest you, try a card that lets you earn rewards for any airline of your choosing.
The three Barclays Business Credit Cards are:
AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard®
Business owners that frequently fly American Airlines
- Earn up to 60,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles Earn 50,000 miles after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. Earn 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an employee card.
- Earn 2X AAdvantage® miles for every one dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, eligible office supply, telecom and car rental merchants.
- Earn 1X AAdvantage® miles for every one dollar spent on all other purchases.
- 5% AAdvantage® mileage bonus earned every year after your account anniversary date based on the total number of miles earned using your card.
- A large introductory bonus offer
- Discounted companion certificate
- First free checked bag
- No 0% APR offer
- No lounge access
- No TSA Pre✓®
- First free checked Bag: Get one free checked bag for you and up to four companions.
- Companion Certificate: Receive one discounted companion ticket, each card anniversary after meeting spending requirements.
- Preferred boarding: You and o to four companions can board before economy boarding.
- Inflight discounts: You’ll receive a 25% discount on inflight food and beverage purchases.
- AAdvantage Elite Status Benefits: Earn Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) that can be applied toward American Airlines tiered elite statuses and benefits including upgrades and free checked bags.
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® is best for businesses that fly mostly with American Airlines and that want access to AAdvantage Elite Status perks. Businesses can earn status points that can be used to upgrade seats and get additional free checked bags. Cardholders get a 5% mileage bonus on eligible purchases each anniversary. Owners can redeem miles for car rentals, hotel stays, or airfare. This card has an annual fee of $95.
Businesses have access to free first checked bags and priority boarding for you and up to four companions. Owners also get a statement credit for 25% off on eligible in-flight purchases on food and beverages. It also comes with a discounted companion ticket each year. Businesses can use their complimentary employee cards to earn rewards even faster. You can read more about this card in our AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® review.
JetBlue Business Card
JetBlue frequent flyers who want excellent rewards
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus points Earn 40,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days and earn 10,000 points when a purchase is made on an employee card in the first 90 days.
- 6X points on JetBlue purchases plus 2X points at restaurants and office supply stores and 1X points on all other purchases.
- Free first checked bag for you and up to 3 companions on the same reservation when you use your card to book JetBlue-operated flights
- Earn 5,000 bonus points every year after your account anniversary.
- Earns excellent ongoing rewards JetBlue purchases
- First free checked bags
- A large introductory bonus offer
- Blackout dates
- No 0% APR period
- Has an annual fee
Barclays doesn’t provide specific coverage information on their business credit cards. Review your guide to benefits for detailed benefit information.
- Free first checked bag: Receive one free checked bag for you and up to three companions.
- Inflight discounts: You’ll get 50% off inflight food and beverage purchases.
- Annual statement credit: Get $100 statement each year you purchase a JetBlue Vacations package.
- Vehicle rental insurance: Receive collision and damage waiver insurance for eligible car rentals, up to 30 days.
- Purchase assurance: You’ll receive coverage for items that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.
- Extended warranty protection: Get an additional warranty protection period with the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Travel assistance: Have access to free travel and emergency assistance.
The JetBlue Business Card is best for owners that want to earn the best in ongoing rewards toward JetBlue airfare and travel-related expenses. Businesses can earn some of the highest ongoing rewards—up to 6x points on JetBlue purchases. Cardholders also get 5,000 anniversary bonus miles each year. Although this card doesn’t offer lounge access, owners do get 50% discounts on in-flight purchases on food and beverages including alcohol.
Cardholders receive added perks like free first checked bags and travel assistance that makes travel more comfortable. This card also offers car rental insurance coverage for up to 30 days. Owners get purchase assurance as well as extended warranty protection with this card. Businesses get 10% back on rewards redeemed for JetBlue awards flights. You can read more about it in our JetBlue Business Card review.
Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard®
Hawaiian Airlines loyalists
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 90 days, and earn an additional 10,000 miles after a purchase is made on an employee card in the first 90 days
- Earn a one-time 50% discount on one companion pass
- Earn 20,000 bonus miles with $50,000-$99,999 in annual purchases, OR 40,000 bonus miles with $100,000 or more in annual purchases
- Earn 3x miles on Hawaiian Airlines purchases
- Potential 20,000-mile bonus each anniversary
- Receive a one-time discounted companion fare for one guest
- Only services flights to Hawaii
- Doesn’t waive the annual fee for the first year
- Companion ticket: Receive a one-time 50% off companion discount for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines
- Share Miles: Allows you to send and receive miles from family and friends through HawaiianAirlines.com, without a fee
- Complimentary employee cards: Employee cards help you earn rewards faster and control business spending
The Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® is best for owners that fly regularly with Hawaiian Airlines. Like other Barclays cards, this card comes loaded with hefty introductory bonus rewards. Other business credit cards offer better ongoing rewards, but the anniversary bonus mileage is excellent. Owners who live near Las Vegas, Seattle, and Los Angeles have access to airports offering nonstop flights to Oahu. You’ll pay a $99 annual fee.
This card allows cardholders to share miles with friends and family with no surcharge. Owners also get price protection on purchases up to 60 days after the purchase was made. Businesses have access to Mastercard ID Theft ProtectionTM in case of Identity theft and travel assistance services. Travel assistance typically includes immunization reports and notification of travel requirements. You can read more in our Hawaiian Airlines® Business Mastercard® review.
What Barclays Business Credit Cards Are Missing
Barclays credit cards offer excellent travel rewards, but the issuer offers no cash back small business credit cards and no 0% interest cards. Cards with 0% intro APR can help businesses save money on balance transfers and initial financing costs. These Barclays business credit cards are also missing some premium travel features like lost baggage insurance, bag delay insurance, and lounge access. Unlike Barclays cards, Capital One offers lost luggage reimbursement and travel accident insurance.
Barclays Business Credit Card Reviews
User reviews on Barclays business credit cards are mostly positive with most users appreciating the introductory rewards. Some cardholders did not like that there were annual fees attached to these cards. A few users complained that the lower ongoing rewards are less than ideal.
Choosing the Right Barclays Business Credit Card
Getting a business card that’s right for you will depend on the types of products and services your company typically charges to a credit card. Barclays only offers travel rewards business credit cards that offer points or miles for spending on specific airlines. If you spend a lot on travel with a particular airline, it’ll be worth it to go with one of these co-branded credit cards. You get the most value out of your travel when you maximize rewards on your favorite airline.
Alternatives to Barclays Business Credit Cards
Barclays cards offer great bonus rewards for travel spending, but they lack big rewards on other category spending. If you’re looking for an issuer that has a larger selection, including no-interest cards, Chase business credit cards may be a good alternative. Some Chase cards offer premium features like car rental insurance and roadside dispatch. In addition, Chase offers six different cards with a variety of card categories, including cash back.
Barclays credit cards offer co-branded cards for American Airlines, JetBlue, and Hawaiian Airlines. Depending on the card you choose, you can get additional features that include free checked bags or price protection. These cards are ideal for business travelers and owners seeking big introductory rewards.
Depending on your company’s needs, a credit card from a different provider may be a better fit. There are several business travel cards that offer a variety of rewards and benefits. You can shop and compare card them in our credit card marketplace. There you’ll find detailed information on the best business cards available.