This article is part of a larger series on VoIP.
Join.me is a simplified virtual conferencing platform for online meetings and team collaboration. While it’s a go-to option for budget-conscious businesses, LogMeIn is no longer offering a freemium version of Join.me after being absorbed by GoTo Meeting’s platform. For this article, we determined the best Join.me alternatives that are equally competitively priced, as easy to use, or offer more extensive video conferencing features.
- Zoom: Best overall Join.me alternative for businesses wanting an equivalent feature-rich and free video conferencing plan
- RingCentral MVP: Ideal option for businesses looking for more advanced analytics tools across video, messaging, and devices
- Microsoft Teams: Top choice for businesses that are existing users of Office 365 solutions
- GoTo Meeting: Best for businesses wanting to stay in the same ecosystem of LogMeIn products
- ClickMeeting: Great for organizations looking for all-in-one video conferencing and webinar software substitution
- Webex Meetings: Ideal option for businesses needing a basic combined solution for video and audio conferencing
Join.me & Best Alternatives at a Glance
$12 per user, per month, billed annually
Up to 3,000 participants
Free or $14.99 per user, per month
Up to 1,000 participants
4.67 out of 5
Free or $11.99 per user, per month, billed annually
Up to 200 participants
4.42 out of 5
Free or $4 per user, per month, billed annually
Up to 300 participants
4.41 out of 5
$12 per user, per month, billed annually
Up to 3,000 participants
4.37 out of 5
$25 per user, per month, billed annually
Up to 10,000 participants
4.29 out of 5
Free or $13.50 per user, per month, billed annually
Up to 100,000 participants
4.24 out of 5
Zoom: Best Overall Join.me Alternative
Zoom is the best overall Join.me alternative for businesses looking for a free video meeting app with extensive conferencing tools, such as host controls, multishare, and unlimited group meetings. It appeals to budget-conscious small businesses and solopreneurs because its free plan allows users to host unlimited group meetings for up to 100 participants. What’s more, its first-level paid tier starts at only $14.99 per user, per month.
Zoom has a wide variety of collaboration tools, such as screen sharing, co-annotation, breakout rooms, and polling. With its robust video conferencing features, Zoom is the best option for small business owners looking for standalone virtual meeting software. For this and other key features, head over to our Zoom review for a more in-depth look at the provider.
On the downside, Zoom only offers 1GB of cloud recording for meetings for its Business Plan. Meanwhile, Join.me allows unlimited cloud recording for Business and Enterprise plan. If you’re looking for a Join.me alternative that enables users to record video meetings without limits, check out GoTo Meeting. With GoTo Meeting, there’s no storage limit for recordings to allow you to share your meetings locally or in the cloud.
Zoom Pricing at a Glance*
- Basic: Free for up to 100-participant capacity and up to 40 minutes in length, unlimited group meetings, screen sharing, breakout rooms, virtual background, and group chat
- Pro: $14.99 per user, per month with a minimum of nine licenses, video meetings with 100-participant capacity and up to 30 hours in length, 1GB recording storage, polling, streaming, and usage reporting
- Business: $19.99 per user, per month with a minimum of 10 licenses, video meetings for up to 300 participants, admin portal, recording transcripts, brandings, and single sign-on (SSO)
- Enterprise: $19.99 per user, per month with a minimum of 50 licenses, video meetings for up to 500 to 1,000 participants, return on investment (ROI) tracking, product roadmap discussions, and bundled discounts
*Rates displayed are based on monthly subscriptions. Annual billing is also available.
- Breakout rooms: Split your meetings in up to 50 separate sessions, whether automatically or manually. Zoom allows participants to choose their preferred breakout sessions and enable hosts to switch between sessions.
- Usage reports: Zoom’s Reports section is a useful tool that provides admins with various statistics to review how an organization is utilizing Zoom. Usage reports provide a list of participants and minutes of the meetings you have hosted.
- Cost-host and alternate host: Share hosting privileges with another meeting participant and allow them to manage the admin side of the meeting, such as closed captioning, livestreaming, and ending the meeting.
RingCentral MVP: Best Join.me Alternative With Advanced Analytics Tools
RingCentral is a full-featured communications platform that is listed as one of our best business phone systems. Aside from its video conferencing capabilities, RingCentral stands out for its real-time analytics and reporting that offers actionable data and valuable insights based on usage and trends. It offers a dedicated interface for monitoring all calls, users, and meetings, including call quality parameters and scores.
While RingCentral offers feature-rich plans, it lacks team collaboration tools, such as whiteboard, keyboard, and mouse sharing. Since Join.me is part of the GoTo family, it has expanded its feature packages by including more collaboration features, such as co-organizer and meeting lock. Wondering if RIngCentral is a good fit for your business? Read our full-fledged RingCentral review for more info.
For those looking for a video conferencing app with extensive conferencing tools, look no further than Zoom. Zoom is an industry leader in the video conferencing market, loaded with robust features such as desktop and application sharing, polling, and branding.
RingCentral MVP Pricing at a Glance*
- RingCentral Video Pro: Free for unlimited meetings with up to 100 participants, 10 hours of cloud recording stored for seven days, closed captioning, and desktop and application sharing
- RingCentral Video Pro+: $11.99 per user, per month for unlimited meetings with up to 200 participants, 100 hours of cloud recording stored for one year, advanced analytics, and developer APIs
*Pricing displayed is based on annual billing for one to 99 users. Monthly billing is also available. RingCentral Pro requires two to 100 participants.
RingCentral MVP Features
- Advanced analytics: Get full visibility into your video meetings through real-time alerts, dashboards, and usage reports. This enables admins to identify performance issues and ensure everyone is functioning at their best.
- Call switching: Switch between devices during a video meeting without disrupting your call. No need to hang up and rejoin from another device.
- Moderator controls: Meeting hosts get a suite of controls, such as the ability to disable cameras, mute attendees, and take control of breakout rooms for group activities.
Looking for a business phone system like RingCentral? Check out our guide on the small business voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) services and find out which provider suits your communication needs.
Microsoft Teams: Best Join.me Alternative for Users of Office 365 Products
Microsoft Teams is a business collaboration software with robust video conferencing tools, such as recordings, chat, live captions, and customized backgrounds. It is also an obvious choice for companies relying on Office 365 products, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook. Using Teams replaces collaboration tools, such as Slack, to centralize your online workspace for video meetings, instant messaging, and project management.
The main drawback of Microsoft Teams is the 30-hour limit duration for hosting meetings. Join.me, on the other hand, enables users to host as many meetings as they like without worrying about the time limit. Still, Teams is a powerhouse when it comes to features. For a better understanding, take a look our Microsoft Teams review.
If you’re looking for a video conferencing app that offers unlimited meetings with no time limits, choose GoTo Meeting. With GoTo Meeting, you don’t have to worry about maximum meeting durations since it allows you to host video conferences for as long as you want.
Microsoft Teams Pricing at a Glance*
- Microsoft Teams: Free for 60-minute meetings with up to 100 participants, 5GB of file storage, unlimited chat, file sharing, polling, screen sharing, and noise suppression
- Microsoft Teams Essentials: $4 per user, per month for 30-hour meetings with up to 300 participants, 10GB of file storage, and 24/7 phone and web support
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic: $6 per user, per month for meeting records with transcripts, breakout rooms, 1TB of file storage, and third-party integrations
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard: $12.50 per user, per month for webinar hosting, reporting tools, attendee registration, and desktop version of Office apps.
*Pricing is based on annual billing. After a one-month trial for Microsoft 365 Business Basic and Standard, users will be charged the applicable subscription fees.
Microsoft Teams Features
- Together mode: Make meetings more engaging by putting everyone’s video feed onto one shared virtual background. Aside from fun visuals, this feature makes everyone look like they’re sitting in a single room.
- Speaker coach: Microsoft Teams uses artificial intelligence (AI) to provide a personalized meeting coach and boost your confidence when presenting in a meeting. It will notify a user if they are interrupting someone, guide them on their pace, and remind them to check in with the audience.
- Live captions: Communicate seamlessly with your global team by turning on live captions during video conferences. When enabled, Microsoft Teams allows you to choose up to 35 languages for its inline translation.
GoTo Meeting: Best for Businesses Wanting to Continuously Use LogMeIn Products
GoTo Meeting is a virtual meeting platform and is also a part of LogMeIn’s GoTo Suite. This video conferencing software is a direct alternative for businesses that want to continue using Join.me but need more collaboration features. As a LogMeIn product, it is worth noting that GoTo Meeting is getting a large share of interest from the company.
LogMeIn is no longer offering a freemium plan of Join.me. With the paid versions, many users will appreciate GoTo Meeting because of the variety of communication tools. These include unlimited cloud recording, browser-based meetings, and enhanced admin controls. Read more about these tools in our GoTo Meeting review.
One downside of GoTo Meeting is the lack of a free plan for solopreneurs or small businesses on a tight budget. RingCentral is a standout choice if you’re looking for a video conferencing app with a free version without sacrificing the collaboration tools they depend on. Some noteworthy features include file sharing, unlimited meetings, and cloud captioning.
GoTo Meeting Pricing at a Glance*
- Professional: $12 per user, per month for 150 video participants, screen sharing, hand raising, breakout rooms, dial-in conference line, and personal meeting room
- Business: $16 per user, per month for 250 video participants, unlimited cloud recording, transcription, smart assistant, note taking, keyboard and mouse sharing, and meeting lock
- Enterprise: Pricing is customized for 3,000 video participants, volume discounts, custom onboarding, and customer success manager
*GoTo Meeting fees are billed annually. No monthly pricing is available.
GoTo Meeting Features
- Commuter mode: Join and host meetings wherever you are without worrying about distractions, cost of cellular data, and network reliability. The commuter mode saves up to 90% of data usage and maintains crystal-clear conversations in unstable networks.
- Smart assistant: Transcribe your recorded meetings and worry less about taking notes. Use the search bar to search for keywords and key content.
- Drawing tools: Annotation options are available for GoTo Meeting users to communicate their points during presentations. Drawing tools include a pen, highlighter tool, and laser pointer.
ClickMeeting: Best for Hosting Webinars & Training Sessions
While Join.me focuses on team meetings, ClickMeeting is a video conferencing application for a wide variety of online events, such as training sessions, product demos, and online courses. It enables users to facilitate polls for exams, display educational materials, and even monetize their webinars by connecting their PayPal and PayU accounts.
One disadvantage of ClickMeeting is the inability to organize simultaneous events by subscribing to any of its paid plans. This means you have to purchase an add-on to host more than one online session. If you’re looking for a video conferencing app that allows you to host concurrent meetings, choose Zoom. It allows licensed users on Business, Education, and Enterprise accounts to host up to two meetings at the same time.
ClickMeeting Pricing at a Glance*
- Live: $25 per user, per month for up to three multi-users, six hours of recording storage, 1GB file storage, toll-free numbers, and paid webinars integrated with PayPal
- Automated: $40 per month for 10 hours of recording storage, 2GB file storage, unlimited automated webinars, auto-streaming, auto-publish, and certificate of attendance
- Enterprise: Custom pricing for custom branding, account manager, livestreaming services, and white label
*Fees are based on annual billing for 10 to 25 users. Monthly billing is available.
- Automated webinars: Put your online events on auto-pilot with the automated webinar feature. Change chat settings before the webinar starts to modify interactions with attendees.
- Edu Mode: Turning on this feature will ensure privacy and distraction-free online classes. The attendees will only see their instructor while you’ll be able to monitor their work and maintain eye contact.
- Custom branding: Use this feature to give your webinars and online events a more professional look. From preloaded templates, call-to-action buttons, and brand colors, these tools will help your audiences recognize your brand at first glance.
Webex Meetings: Best for Combining Video & Call Solutions
Webex Meetings by Cisco is a business software for video conferencing, cloud calling, and webinars. What makes it stand out from other providers is the bundle plan it offers for video meetings and cloud calling. Webex Meetings provides users with the option to choose whether they want to combine meeting and calling features for their communications stack.
While many Join.me users appreciate its platform for its ease of use, it is still lacking when it comes to advanced video conferencing features, such as live transcriptions and file sharing. Fortunately, Webex Meetings combines all of these features, including a simple and intuitive user interface. Read more about Webex’s features in our Webex review.
While Webex offers a variety of plans for business users, it doesn’t offer complete annual options for all of its subscriptions. Zoom is a better alternative if you’re looking for different pricing plans and volume discounts for your video conferencing needs.
Webex Meetings Pricing at a Glance*
- Webex Suite-Basic: Free for 50-minute video meetings with up to 100 participants, calendar integration, screen sharing, virtual background, and meeting recordings
- Webex Meet: $13.50 per user, per month for 24-hour video meetings with up to 200 participants, recording transcriptions, alternative host, and file transfer during meetings
- Webex Call: $17 per user, per month for 50-minute call meetings with up to 100 participants, hand raising, polling, mobile screen sharing, chat, and notes
- Webex Suite-Business: $25 per user, per month for a combination of Webex Meet and Call plan packages
- Webex Enterprise: Custom pricing for a customized premium plan
*Pricing for Webex Meet is based on annual billing. Monthly billing is only available for the rest of the plans.
Webex Meetings Features
- Noise removal: Webex uses speech enhancement and advanced noise removal technology to separate noise from human speech in any language.
- Gesture recognition: Gesture controls enable users to use reactions without saying a word or selecting an icon from the Reactions menu.
- Automatic transcription: When enabled, Webex automatically transcribes the audio for all recorded meetings, including webinars and events.
How We Evaluated the Best Join.me Alternatives
Join.me offers a simplified video conferencing platform, including a basic set of features such as screen sharing, recording, and in-meeting chat. However, Join.me competitors provide a more interesting suite of collaboration tools, AI-powered features, and popular business solutions. We analyzed the capabilities and pricing of each platform to identify the best Join.me alternatives.
Here’s a breakdown of how we measured each provider:
20% of Overall Score
We evaluated each provider’s pricing plans to determine which one offers the best value for money. We considered specific factors, such as free plans, annual pricing, and the price per paid tier.
30% of Overall Score
We gave points to Join.me alternatives that offer the most common features users look for in a video conferencing platform. We focused on capabilities such as meeting capacity, recording, cloud storage, call controls, and toll-free dial-in numbers.
25% of Overall Score
Many entrepreneurs look for certain niche features that cater to their unique small business needs. For this guide, we gave points to platforms with mobile apps, desktop apps, software integrations, meeting transcription, and call reports.
25% of Overall Score
We came up with our expert score by looking at the standout features and value for money. We also considered the popularity and ease of use in determining the best Join.me alternatives.
If you’re looking for more affordable options for a business phone system, check out our list of the best cheap VoIP services and find out which provider won’t break your budget.
Join.me is a great option for users looking for a no-frills approach to video conferencing. However, you have to consider alternatives to accommodate the growing needs of your business in terms of communication and collaboration. Fortunately, there are a host of video meeting solutions available for different budgets and use cases.
Zoom came out as the top Join.me alternative with an overall score of 4.67. Its robust free plan and feature-rich video conferencing platform cater to a variety of small business needs looking to scale up their communication efforts. Sign up for Zoom’s free plan to explore its features and determine whether it fits your small business needs.