join.me is a virtual meeting app that includes screen sharing and video conferencing. It allows a maximum of 250 participants per meeting, 1TB of storage, and it ranges between $10 and $30 per user, per month on a yearly basis. However, though rich in features and a relatively low price tag, join.me is only one of many screen-sharing applications. We’ve compiled a list of the best alternatives to join.me.
Top 6 Best join.me Competitors
(Best Overall) Anybody looking for a free to low-priced screen-sharing software for hosting virtual meetings
Companies that want a full VoIP service plan as well as screen-sharing software
Teams that need a virtual space to collaborate on documents and project plans
Budget-conscious teams wanting to collaborate using screen-sharing technology without paying for service
Freelancers, solopreneurs, and small teams that want the ability to host video and audio conferences for a low price
Businesses looking for a cheap alternative while still getting great stock features
Need help deciding on the best join.me alternative for your needs? Take our quiz for some help.
Answer a few questions about your business and we'll give you personalized product match
How We Evaluated join.me Alternatives
join.me is a solid meeting and video conferencing app. It comes at a price most companies can afford, and it has powerful features such as screen sharing, host controls, and the ability to record meetings. However, it is not without its problems; the system is more expensive than some competitors, and its interface is a bit outdated compared to leading services. It also lacks robust integrations with third-party business apps.
Therefore, we evaluated join.me alternatives based on the following:
- Ease of use
- Call quality
- Host and call controls
- Collaboration tools
- Meeting and participant limits
- Customer support
Based on the above factors, we find that Zoom is the best overall join.me alternative for most small businesses. The system is exceptionally easy to use and comes with standard features like a mobile app, screen sharing, and remote control. The fact that it offers a free version also means that you can try it out for yourself without any commitment.
Zoom: Best Overall Alternative to join.me
What it is: Zoom is a video conferencing system that offers HD video calling, screen sharing, and advanced features such as breakout rooms.
Why it is a great join.me alternative: Zoom offers a powerful set of features in a package that is both affordable and easy to understand. The service offers a free version as well as paid versions starting at $14.99 per host, per month. Zoom is our top overall choice for join.me alternatives because it offers a more modern, intuitive user experience than that system.
Free plan available
Free version has limited meeting length
100 to 500 maximum participants per meeting, depending on the package you choose
Premium plans can get expensive
Advanced collaboration tools
- Basic: Free with meetings of up to 100 participants; 40-minute meeting lengths
- Pro: $14.99 per host, per month for unlimited meeting lengths, reporting, and admin controls; limited to nine hosts per account
- Business: $19.99 per host, per month with meetings of up to 300 participants, vanity URLs for meetings, and cloud recording transcripts; minimum of 10 hosts per account
- Enterprise: $19.99 per host, per month with meetings of up to 1,000 participants, a dedicated customer suggest manager, and detailed reports; minimum of 100 hosts per account
- Video meetings: Zoom offers crystal-clear HD video calls on desktop and mobile devices. Customers report higher average video quality than competitors, including join.me.
- Screen sharing: Any participant in a Zoom meeting can share either their full screen or an app with the click of a button.
- Remote control: You have the ability to control other users’ desktop machines right through the Zoom app.
RingCentral: Best join.me Alternative With a VoIP Phone System
What it is: RingCentral is among our top picks as a small business voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) service and robust alternative to join.me as it offers video conferencing in addition to its advanced call management capabilities.
Why it is a great join.me alternative: join.me is a solid meeting platform, but it does not offer users the ability to make calls, send texts, and accept voicemail from phone lines. RingCentral offers the best of both worlds. It is a business phone system with a lot of the same meeting features as join.me. Pricing starts at just $19.99 per user, per month for two to 20 users on an annual basis. It is perfect for customers looking for a join.me alternative that is also a complete business phone system.
Local or toll-free numbers available
Unintuitive pricing structure
HD video calling
Could be overkill for teams that already have phone service
Team messaging and file sharing available
Video meetings capped at 100 participants
- Essentials: $19.99 per user, per month for up to 20 users*
- Standard: $24.99 per user, per month; unlimited users*
- Premium: $34.99 per user, per month; unlimited users*
- Ultimate: $49.99 per user, per month; unlimited users*
*Pricing is on an annual basis for two to 20 users. Volume discounts are available as you add more users, as are month-to-month plans.
In an attempt to ease some of the strain caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, RingCentral has temporarily made their Office Premium tier free for K-12 educators, healthcare providers, and nonprofit organizations. This provides, among other things, a free automated attendant and video conferencing for up to 100 people. You can read their COVID-19 offer page for more details.
- Meeting capabilities: RingCentral offers many of the same meeting functionality as join.me. However, the fact that it also includes a full-features phone service could make it a very attractive alternative to the right team.
- Telephony features: In addition to holding audiovisual meetings, RingCentral also lets you make and receive calls like you would with any other phone system. It even offers a toll-free phone number with a 1-800 prefix.
- Mobile apps: RingCentral’s apps for iOS and Android are more intuitive than the one join.me offers.
If you would like to learn more about RingCentral’s pricing and features, visit our RingCentral reviews page.
Microsoft Teams: Best join.me Alternative for Document Collaboration
What it is: Microsoft Teams is a business communications app and join.me alternative that is included with all Microsoft Office subscriptions.
Why it is a great join.me alternative: Microsoft Teams is built from the ground up for collaboration. Unlike join.me, it provides native integration with Word, Excel, and other productivity apps and lets workers use the same document at once. This is on top of HD video calling, team chat, and file share features. The system, which has a free version and paid versions starting at $5.00 per user, per month, is a great option for teams that put a priority on collaboration.
Microsoft Teams Strengths
Microsoft Teams Weaknesses
Sleek, modern UI
Not very useful for G Suite users
Free version available
Paid plans can get expensive
Connects data with Office products
Free version lacks customer service
Microsoft Teams Pricing
- Free: Video and audio calling, chat, and file share features without Microsoft Office suite
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic: $5.00 per user, per month with meeting recordings as well as access to web versions of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and 1TB of online storage per user
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard: $12.50 per user, per month for desktop versions of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Office 365 E3: $20.00 per user, per month for online meetings for up to 10,000 and a phone system with public switched telephone network (PSTN) calling
Microsoft Teams Features
- Collaboration tools: Microsoft Teams makes it easy to work; you can open and edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with your teammates from within the app. join.me lacks this sort of functionality.
- Mobile apps: The Microsoft Teams app for Android and iOS exceeds the capabilities of the join.me app.
- Online storage: Paid versions of the service give each user at least 1TB of online storage for their most important files.
FreeConferenceCall.com: Best Free Alternative to join.me
What it is: FreeConferenceCall.com is a free join.me alternative service that comes standard with accommodations for large meetings.
Why it is a great join.me alternative: join.me is a capable service, but it lacks the ability to host very large meetings. As its name implies, FreeConferenceCall.com comes standard with a full set of meeting features at no cost. Best of all, it accommodates conference calls of up to 1,000 people at once. It is the best alternative for teams looking to hold large remote events.
Clunky, outdated UI
Video conference calls for up to 1,000 people
Uneven sound quality
Meeting tools like on-screen whiteboards and annotations
Video quality not as good as competitors
- FreeConferenceCall.com comes at no cost to users, but they do take contributions if you are willing and able.
- Toll-free calling for meetings is available, but costs 3.9 cents per minute.
- Large online meetings: FreeConferenceCall.com accommodates video meetings for up to 1,000 people at once. This far exceeds the limits of join.me.
- Recording and playback: The solution comes standard with features for recording your meetings. This is rare in a free system.
- Chat: Your participants can chat with organizers and other participants via text chat during meetings.
UberConference: Best join.me Alternative for Small Team Meetings
What it is: UberConference is a free conferencing system with features that lend themselves well to smaller, more intimate meetings.
Why it is a great join.me alternative: UberConference allows meetings of up to 45 with its free plan and 100 participants with its paid edition that costs $15 per organizer, per month. While these limits mean it may not be able to support larger meetings like other join.me competitors, it has richer call control features like conference PIN, automated meeting transcription, and screen sharing that make it an ideal choice for smaller meetings.
Enhanced meeting security via room PINs
Free meetings are limited to 45 minutes in length
Call recording included
Custom call-in number and other features require paid version
Simple, intuitive mobile apps
Simplistic feature set
UberConference lets you choose between two plans, though with the paid plan you are charged on an annual basis, per user, per month.
- Free plan: $0
- Business plan: $15 per user, per month
- Conference PIN: Like join.me, UberConference lets you keep your meetings secure by requiring a PIN.
- Call recording: Both versions of UberConference have meeting recordings. This puts it ahead of join.me, which puts it behind their Pro version.
- HD video: UberConference lets you see your meeting participants with HD quality.
FreeConference.com: Best join.me Alternative for International Conference Calls
What it is: FreeConference.com is a join.me alternative that has a set of features that make it ideal for international remote meetings.
Why it is a great join.me alternative: FreeConference.com, which offers a free edition as well as paid versions starting at $9.99 per month, has most of the features you’d expect from a modern conferencing system, such as video calling, screen sharing, and chat during meetings. However, what sets it apart is that the paid editions come with access to international dial-in numbers that let overseas contacts call into meetings at no cost to them. As such, we recommend it for teams with multinational operations.
Available international dial-in numbers
Meetings limited to 100 people
Drawing tools during screen share
International numbers locked behind paid plans
Mobile and desktop apps
- Free: 100 participants per meeting, five web participants, local numbers
- Starter: $9.99 per month, 15 web users, toll-free and international numbers, audio recording
- Plus: $24.99 per month, 50 web participants, video recording
- Pro: $34.99 per month, 100 web participants, YouTube streaming
- International dial-in number: Once you are ready to upgrade to the paid version, FreeConference.com provides an international dial-in number for your overseas contacts. This is similar to join.me, but offers a better value.
- Call controls: This service makes it easy to protect your meetings with a specialized PIN. It also lets you mute, boot, and block your participants. This works in a similar fashion to join.me and other systems.
- Local number: The free version of the system provides a local dial-in number for your meetings. join.me offers nothing for free.
Bottom Line: join.me Competitors
join.me is a good meeting solution, but it is far from your only choice on the market. In fact, there are many suitable alternatives available that either cost less, do more, or both. This is especially true if you’re looking for a more intuitive system or need features like collaboration features or business telephony capabilities.
We suggest looking at Zoom if you are looking for an alternative to join.me. The system offers fantastic video quality during calls and it’s remarkably easy to use. Best of all, it has a free version. Click the button below to learn more.