The best customer relationship management (CRM) software for property management includes tools to make it easier to manage a property and relationships with its occupants. These property management CRMs are easy to use, offer robust customer support, and provide relevant features, including integrations and automations that save property managers time and money while providing a centralized system for monitoring premise activity.
We evaluated multiple CRMs that serve the property management industry and narrowed it down to the top six options.
- Bitrix24: Best overall property management CRM—ideal for property management businesses wanting a full-service business management solution
- Freshsales: Excellent option for property managers who want a CRM with a built-in telephone system
- Really Simple Systems: Great choice for third-party property management contractors who need to manage supplier agreements
- Zoho CRM: Ideal for property management businesses that use social media for communications
- Pipedrive: Solid option for property managers looking for robust tools for engaging with potential residents
- Insightly: Good choice for property associations that want built-in tools for content creation
How We Evaluated the Best Property Management CRMs
CRM providers should offer solutions that address industry-specific user needs of property management agencies. We evaluated the overall value of the product based on pricing as well as CRM software features specific to property management operations, like tools for collecting payments from residents, document management solutions for managing leases, and lead generation solutions for finding potential residents. The product should also be easy to use and offer solid customer support.
Based on our evaluation, Bitrix24 is the best overall choice due to its versatility through the combination of property management tools. These tools include the ability to process recurring payments, manage contracts, and business management features for managing human resources and marketing to potential residents.
The tabs below offer insight into our evaluation process for choosing the best property management CRM:
40% of Overall Score
With cost typically being among the most important criteria for any small business, price was the most heavily weighted when reviewing the best property management CRMs. We considered the availability of a free option, access to varying subscription plans, and whether or not monthly billing was available.
20% of Overall Score
We looked at overall features and those specific to property management, including maintenance ticket tracking, automation for day-to-day property management tasks, residential management tools for keeping track of contracts, and resident service history.
15% of Overall Score
The functions of any application are only as beneficial as they are usable; therefore, ease of use of the property management CRM holds the next-highest weight of criteria. This was analyzed in terms of ease of setting up and integrating the CRM with other applications, the skill required to operate the features, and the intuitiveness of navigating the interface.
15% of Overall Score
Great customer support and service can prevent issues you might encounter while using the platform. Help and support were evaluated in terms of customer service hours and availability of support through the channels of phone, live chat, and email.
10% of Overall Score
In addition to firsthand experience with the providers, we evaluated what customers say about each property management CRM. These criteria consider how users feel based on their reviews to gain insight on the software product popularity, ease of use, and overall value for the price.
Bitrix24: Best Overall Property Management CRM
*Pricing above is based on monthly plans. However, you may also pay in full quarterly, annually, or biannually.
Bitrix24 offers property management firms an all-around solution for both property management operations as well as running the business. It includes built-in tools for recurring invoices (which are used frequently in the property real estate world) and document management tools that give you the ability to generate, file, and track contracts.
Bitrix24 also has a human resources platform with functionality including absence management, work time tracking, and meeting notes documentation. There are also tools for managing projects, automating tasks, and even planning events—which is useful for apartment complexes that host residential social events.
Though Bitrix24 offers a broad range of solutions that could be very valuable to property managers, the platform lacks an intuitive interface to navigate, as it uses many horizontal tab options and a saturated button menu. For a platform that’s easier to use, we recommend Freshsales as an option.
- Document management tools within the platform for generating and tracking contract documents
- Built-in invoicing tools with recurring invoice options
- Built-in task management features allow tasks to be automated, divided into subtasks, transferred into a checklist, and created via email to task
- Website form creator to generate potential resident leads and import them automatically to the CRM database
- Event planning tools are built into the software and can sync with your calendar
Want to know if this CRM fits your business needs? Read our comprehensive Bitrix24 review.
Freshsales: Best for Built-in Telephonic Features
*Pricing is based on a monthly billing option. Annual subscriptions are available as well for those who prefer long-term contracts.
Many property management firms prefer combining their telephone system with their CRM database to make contacting residents extremely easy. Freshsales offers a built-in telephone system with local phone numbers. Other features include personalized welcome messages for callers, a digital notepad for collecting notes, and inbound call notifications. Best of all, all of these features are included in the Freshsales free plan.
Though it offers a free plan, users are limited to contact lead storage and communication through phone or chat. An alternative from this list that will allow property managers to market to potential residents through online webforms is Zoho CRM for up to three users.
- Easy-to-make webforms to capture contact information from potential residents
- Auto-chatbot can collect information of prospective residents through live chat on the website
- Integration with Freshdesk for viewing and tracking support tickets
- Document sharing and tracking tools within the platform
- Drag-and-drop email campaign editor with campaign performance and analytics
Discover how this software helps teams manage deals, engage customers, and track deals in our Freshsales review.
Really Simple Systems: Best for Third-party Property Management Firms
*Pricing is based on annual billing; monthly billing is also available at a higher cost.
Really Simple Systems offers third-party property management businesses, like those who contract with residential complexes, condominiums, and homeowners associations (HOAs), robust tools such as custom service level agreements to manage client expectations and legally protect the service provider. It also provides case management tools not offered by the other providers on this list for managing residential tickets, but does require a subscription upgrade.
The CRM also offers the ability to create mass drip marketing campaigns for targeting association clients. Unfortunately, the marketing features that would be used to advertise to potential residents require an additional $22 or $46 per month, depending on the add-on you choose. For property management firms that want those features included in the primary subscription, we invite you to check out Pipedrive as an excellent option.
Really Simple Systems Features
- Custom service level agreements (SLAs) management tools
- Drip marketing campaign tools
- Website integrations for capturing leads
- Built-in document management and storage features
- One-page view for viewing a condensed lead record with interaction history
Read our full Really Simple Systems review to explore its rich feature set and user-friendly platform.
Zoho CRM: Best for Social Media Management
*Pricing is based on an annual subscription. Monthly billing is available as well.
Many property management companies and associations use social media platforms to communicate with prospects and residents. Through Zoho CRM’s integrations with Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, property managers can monitor resident discussions, generate potential resident leads, and create posts relevant to their followers.
These features can also be activated automatically by triggers and actions tied to social media content engagement. This allows property managers to focus on other activities until they are notified of a specific task generated by the social media platforms.
Zoho CRM uses artificial intelligence (AI) tools for automation and advanced analytics; unfortunately, these tools are not available on their free or even lower-priced plans. Pipedrive is a solid option if this is important to you since they provide AI capabilities with the Sales Assistant tool in their Essentials plan, which costs $12.50 per user, per month.
Zoho CRM Features
- Document management tools with sharing and collaboration capabilities
- Premade email templates for email marketing campaigns
- Built-in project management tools with client and resident collaboration options
- Integration options to synchronize user inboxes, contacts, and calendars with the CRM
Not sure if this is the right tool for your business? Read our Zoho CRM review to learn what it does best and how it helps small businesses achieve their goals.
Pipedrive: Best for Managing Prospective Residents
*Pricing is based on an annual billing option. Monthly plans are available as well.
Pipedrive stands out as the property management CRM that focuses more on handling potential residents. It has a built-in phone system property managers can use to engage with leads, scheduling tools to meet with prospective residents, webform generators to get inbound leads, and document management solutions to share contracts and obtain signatures to finalize residencies.
For managers who want a built-in telephone for their property management CRM at a lower price, Freshsales stands out as the best option because it provides telephonic features in their free-forever plan.
- Built-in e-signature tools
- Built-in tools for making, logging, and recording outbound phone calls
- Scheduler features allow potential residents to make appointments and have the event synced to the calendar application
- Custom webforms to generate inbound potential resident leads
Want to learn more about this CRM? Check out our Pipedrive review to explore its rich feature set.
Insightly: Best Property Management CRM for Content Creation
*Pricing is based on annual billing; monthly billing is also available at a higher cost.
One common practice of homeowners associations, apartment complexes, and condo associations is sending out periodic newsletters or emails to discuss current events and communicate information. Insightly offers content creation tools to facilitate these types of projects.
Through drag-and-drop functionality, users can modify prebuilt templates as well as design their own newsletters and emails with text, images, buttons, and links. These emails can then be easily sent to the prospects or residents through Insightly’s mass email capabilities.
Insightly acts more as a communication tool than one for service management. For associations or property managers who want to manage service tickets, we recommend Really Simple Systems as the best CRM option on this list.
- Project management features within the CRM for task tracking, calendar synchronization, and custom project processes
- Website forms for lead capturing
- Integrated phone dialer and call logging features
- Sales enablement tools available for invoicing
Read our Insightly review article to learn more about its features and benefits.