Real estate lead generation websites capture potential customers by providing customized websites with IDX integration and lead nurturing tools. Visitors to those sites become leads when they request listing details via a lead capture form, also known as a lead magnet. We examined many IDX site builders and chose the top six—including the best overall—based on price, site creation tools, lead capture, advertising, integration with customer relationship managers (CRMs), and customer service.
Best Real Estate Lead Generation Websites
Real Estate Lead Generation Software
Agents seeking an easy-to-use website with CRM and managed advertising. (Best Overall)
Agents who want an IDX website and CRM to generate and manage Zillow leads.
Teams seeking IDX websites with lead assignment and follow-up tools that include a live client concierge
Agents wanting a customizable IDX website that’s built to meet their specific needs
Agents seeking IDX websites with enhanced search filters and an intuitive CRM
Real estate agents looking for an affordable, easy IDX website for lead generation
How We Evaluated Real Estate Lead Generation Websites
While all IDX-enabled websites are designed to capture leads, each real estate agent has specific needs for design and functionality. We evaluated the best real estate lead generation websites based on price, IDX integration, lead capture options, advertising, and customer service to determine the best investment for real estate agents.
We evaluated the best real estate lead generation websites based on:
- Price: Most of the providers on our list charge per month; we considered those that were reasonably priced without too many add-on costs.
- IDX website creation and design: An IDX website should connect to a multiple listing service (MLS) and update listings automatically. In order to be considered, they had to be easy to use, offer templates, and have an intuitive editor.
- Lead capture magnets: Lead capture magnets are tools that allow users to offer listings or home valuations in exchange for buyer and seller contact information. These are essential to IDX websites, as they convert site visitors to leads. All list inclusions needed to have built-in lead capture tools, lead magnets, and CRMs to manage those leads.
- Lead generation and advertising: Real estate lead generation websites should offer advertising capabilities. This allows agents to funnel qualified, targeted traffic to their IDX website. We chose tools that run ads on major platforms, like Facebook and Google.
- Customer service: Agents can run into challenges getting their IDX websites online. That’s why each inclusion on our list needed at least one customer service channel (phone, email, or online chat).
Real Geeks: Best Overall Real Estate Lead Generation Website
Real Geeks is a lead generation website and CRM designed for real estate agents. With managed Google and Facebook advertising, an easy-to-use CRM, and an intuitive IDX website builder for $199 per month, it meets the needs of many agents. Given the turnkey offerings, Real Geeks is great for new agents who need an all-in-one tool to build a website, generate leads through digital ad management, and nurture leads with automated tools.
Real Geeks Strengths
Real Geeks Weaknesses
Limited design options
Less expensive than competitors
Complicated pricing structure
Real Geeks Pricing
- $350 onboarding fee
- $199 per month for one to two agents for basic IDX and CRM
- $550 per month plus advertising for Google PPC
- $300 to $500 plus advertising for Facebook Marketing
- $25 per month for each additional agent
Real Geeks Features
- Search engine optimization (SEO)-optimized and mobile-ready IDX templates
- Lead capture magnets, like home valuation
- Facebook and Google PPC ad management
- Video tutorials and a popular podcast called “Keeping It Real”
According to Real Geeks’ terms of service, users agree to a one-year term (12 monthly payments) and there is a $500 early termination fee.
What Users Think About Real Geeks
Most reviewers report that Real Geeks provides a relatively easy-to-use interface that allows agents to build an IDX website quickly. However, there are limited design options and many complain that the interface feels outdated. Learn more about Real Geeks pricing and reviews.
Zillow Premier Agent: Best Real Estate Lead Generation Website to Capture Zillow Leads
Zillow Premier Agent (ZPA) is a real estate lead generation tool offered by Zillow, the No. 1 real estate site in the U.S. ZPA includes a free IDX website and CRM. While agents can claim their listings for free on Zillow.com, paid advertising with ZPA allows them to get premium placement on competitor’s listings. ZPA is best for real estate agents and brokers seeking leads secured primarily through Zillow.com.
Extensive agent training
Lacks robust follow-up tools like drip campaigns
Personalized agent website and exclusive placement on listings
Leads are not qualified
Zillow Premier Agent Pricing
- $20 to $60 per lead on average, although the cost can go well above $100 per lead
- Pricing depends on ZIP code, housing prices, and competition from other agents
- Additional charges for advertising
Zillow Premier Agent Features
- Featured placement on listings
- Integrated CRM with lead tracking
- IDX lead capture website with a custom domain name
According to ZPA’s contract and billing page, they offer 6-month and month-to-month advertising commitments. For agents with a contract, the early termination fee is equal to twice the monthly commitment. Month-to-month plans terminate at the end of the billing cycle.
What Users Think About Zillow Premier Agent
Reviewers have noted that Zillow doesn’t qualify leads before they send them to you. Others report frustration with ZPA’s customer service and unavailable ZIP codes. That said, Zillow dominates the market, and agents who take advantage of ZPA’s features report a great return on investment (ROI). Learn more about how Zillow Premier Agent works for real estate lead generation.
You can also read more about what other users think about the service and who it is best for by visiting our Zillow Premier Agent review page.
BoomTown: Best Real Estate Lead Generation Website for Teams
BoomTown is an IDX website provider for real estate lead generation designed around teams with plans starting at $750 per month. BoomTown offers the ability to distribute leads to groups as well as a shared resource library that gives teams access to videos and images. Team managers can use BoomTown’s software to track the conversion and response rates of their agents, and higher-priced plans offer a client concierge for lead nurturing. Success Assurance is a new feature that qualifies leads. With these features, BoomTown is a good choice for large brokerages and teams that want to stay connected, work efficiently, and collaborate on real estate lead generation.
Workflow management for teams
Expensive for agents and small teams
Lead qualification services
Platform can be glitchy
Limited customization options for IDX
- Launch Plan: $750 per month plus $750 setup fee
- Launch with Success Assurance: $900 for texting qualification, $1,050 for text plus call for 50 leads serviced per month
- Core Plan: $1,150 per month plus $1150 setup fee
- Core with Success Assurance: $1,250 for texting qualification, $1,475 for text plus call for 75 leads serviced per month
- Grow Plan: $1,450 per month plus $1,450 setup fee
- Grow with Success Assurance: $1,625 for texting qualification, $2,350 for text plus call for 150 leads to be serviced per month
- Advance Plan (big team or brokerage): $1,750 per month plus $1,750 setup fee
- Advance with Success Assurance: $2,050 for texting qualification, $2,650 for text plus call for 200 leads serviced per month
- Workflow management and centralized reports on conversion rates and response times
- Customizable website with agent subdomains
- Predictive CRM that matches listing with potential buyers
BoomTown does not publish its cancellation policy on their website.
What Users Think About BoomTown
BoomTown users report the site is easy to use, with robust features like third-party software integrations. Many users point out that the price point is too high for most individual or startup real estate agents. A common complaint among agents is that BoomTown does not offer the ability to edit automated emails. Find out more about BoomTown pricing and reviews.
Zurple: Best Real Estate Lead Generation Website for Custom IDX
Zurple is a real estate lead generation website company that builds customized sites for you. They stand out for their comprehensive site design and creation services, unlike competitors that only provide site editing tools and templates. They offer robust data mining and automated lead nurturing based on that lead’s search data. The Zurple lead generation solution is best for busy or non-technical agents who want experts to build IDX websites for them and unique, not canned, buyer engagement.
Automated responses that are data-driven and personalized
Slow response from customer service
Integrated with CoreLogic
Limited search filters on IDX site
Unique buyer engagement
Limited CRM and task management
- $399 per site, per month
- $199 to $499 one-time onboarding fee based on number of pages
- Advertising minimum spend is an additional $250 to $450 per month
- Branded IDX site with lead capture magnet
- “Conversations” feature will personalize automated responses using search data
- SEO-optimized websites
- Users can post ads directly on Craigslist
According to Zurple’s terms and conditions, users are required to pay through the end of their contract commitment. Zurple does not offer refunds or credits for their plans, but users can request a refund of the unspent money in their marketing budget.
What Users Think About Zurple
Users are very positive overall, noting that Zurple provides a good return on investment (ROI). Negative feedback tends to focus on lead quality, the lack of customization in site design and email templates, and the slow response time of customer service. Some users feel the IDX search filters and CRM are too basic. Learn more about Zurple pricing and reviews.
Chime: Best Real Estate Lead Generation Website for IDX Pages With Advanced Search Filters
Chime is a real estate IDX website builder that includes advanced site search filters to increase lead capture along with an intuitive CRM, agent training, and artificial intelligence (AI)-powered advertising. This kind of robust functionality makes Chime best for real estate agents who want to showcase neighborhood features, create targeted advertising, and nurture the leads they capture.
Sophisticated, feature-rich platform
Add-on features add up quickly
Slow customer service response
IDX site with advanced search filters
- Growth Plan: $499 per agent, per month
- Team Plan: $899 per agent, per month
- Broker Plan: Multi-office plan with customized pricing
- Advertising: $150 to $500 plus 15% management fee
- Pricing information for additional features not available
- IDX website with advanced search filters
- Smart dialer with click-to-call, bulk voice messaging, and text templates
- Uses AI to target advertising
- Lead scoring and AI-powered research on which leads are more likely to buy
What Users Think About Chime
Users responded positively to the ease of onboarding and setup for Chime, although there have been some reports of issues with their customer service. Find out more about Chime pricing and reviews.
Placester: Best Affordable Real Estate Lead Generation Website
Placester is a simple, all-in-one digital marketing platform offering IDX websites with blogging functionality, a CRM, marketing tools, and lead magnets. It’s also the most affordable real estate lead generation website on our list. NAR members get preferential pricing, making this a great choice for budget-strapped real estate agents or those launching a brokerage.
Limited design options
Lacks built-in SEO optimization
Unlimited pages and posts
Add-ons get pricey
- Agent Core: $59 per month for NAR members (users need to click the “Free Trial” button to find this plan)
- Agent Pro: $99 per month plus $99 setup fee, non-NAR members add $26
- Broker Pro: $199 per month plus $199 setup fee, non-NAR members add $51
- Setup costs waived for yearly plans, discounts for multiyear plans
- $50 per month add-on for content library access
- $25 to $50 per month add-on for Open Home Pro Premium
- $50 per month add-on for access to premium themes
- Mobile-friendly website with IDX integration
- Plug-and-play design
- Lead capture capabilities
- Integrated CRM with lead nurturing features like drip campaigns
What Users Think About Placester
Reviewers noted that Placester was easy to use on both the desktop and the app. Users liked the free trial that allowed them to create and preview their IDX site before signing up for a paid subscription. Negative reviews focus on poor customer service and the simplicity of the platform; there is little ability to customize website templates or alter the design. Find out more about Placester prices and reviews.
Bottom Line: Best Real Estate Lead Generation Websites
The best real estate lead generation websites allow agents to create a clear online brand presence while enticing potential customers with lead magnets. The price point, IDX integration, and advertising options are all key pieces in evaluating which sites are the best ones for you and your real estate team.
With advertising options, lead capture magnets, drip marketing, and CRM for tracking leads through the funnel, Real Geeks stood out as our best overall real estate lead generation website. It’s easy to use and serves as a turnkey marketing solution for most agents. Visit Real Geeks for more information about its IDX website offerings.