WordPress business themes are editable, predesigned website templates that businesses can customize without web design expertise. There are many affordable WordPress business themes available that are easily customized, giving nearly any business the ability to build its own quality website quickly.
Before you pick a template, however, you need to ensure you have a reliable website host. With Bluehost, you not only get website hosting optimized for WordPress but also a domain name and five business email accounts for just $2.95 per month. Click below to set up hosting today.
Here are the top 14 WordPress business themes for 2019:
Best for: Restaurants, spas and salons
Features: Fit Web Themes: Restaurant Edition is a robust yet simple WordPress theme for restaurants and the service industry in general. Features include customizable contact buttons, map integration, and a responsive, mobile-friendly layout. To design your site, add your content and adjust colors, fonts, and formatting via an easy-to-use menu. There’s no programming required, and there are three main designs available for three business types — general retail and service companies, restaurants, and salons and spas.
Best for: General businesses needing portfolios
Features: Hestia is a clean and modern free WordPress theme for business rooted in a fully responsive design. Your website will always look great with Hestia, no matter which device a user is viewing it on. It can serve as the canvas for an informational or portfolio-style website or be used for ecommerce websites using third-party shopping plug-ins.
Best for: eCommerce businesses
Features: Shop Elite is a modern and straightforward ecommerce theme, designed specifically for businesses that sell products online. Unlike other templates that can be customized to become an ecommerce site, Shop Elite makes it easy to build your online store faster with built-in features like WooCommerce (a complete ecommerce tool) and payment processing plug-ins. The design is also fully responsive, so it will automatically adjust its layout to fit any device or screen size.
Best for: General businesses, consultants, and agencies
Features: Airi by a Themes is a free WordPress theme that features a contemporary and professional design. It is fully customizable and is designed to easily integrate WooCommerce functionality, making it ideal for ecommerce businesses. Airi also offers full aThemes support, making it a good choice for new online businesses that need help getting their stores running smoothly.
Best for: Online publications
Features: Newsmag Lite by WordPress is a simple and straightforward free WordPress theme for business, and more specifically, designed for newspaper, magazine, or blogging sites. It is fully responsive, search engine optimization (SEO)-friendly, and fully customizable. It comes with many options and capabilities, including a slider that is responsive, custom colors and fonts, dynamic widgets, and more.
Best for: Service industries
Features: Allegiant is designed to be color-neutral and flexible free WordPress theme for business geared towards professionals in the service industries. It comes with a wide homepage slider for images and descriptive copy that maintain a clean aesthetic, and web pages for portfolios, services, team, and testimonials.
Best for: General businesses
Features: Pixova Lite is a trendy free WordPress theme for business that comes standard as a single page, but has full customization options, including the ability to add pages. It has a modern and tech-forward feel to it, making it ideal for businesses that need a simple yet modern site that is used primarily to provide concise information. Pixova Lite is not designed for selling products online.
Best for: General businesses, consultants, and agencies
Features: Ocean WP is a popular, portfolio-style free WordPress theme for business. It is fully responsive and comes with a robust and intuitive theme customizer that allows you to change fonts, colors, and layouts quickly. Ocean WP is also built for WooCommerce integration, giving businesses the ability to transform it into a professional ecommerce site.
Best for: Restaurants & foodservice businesses
Features: NT Resbaco is designed specifically for businesses in the foodservice industry. The design is eye-catching while the customizable layout comes with all the standard pages a restaurant needs for their website, including menu and contact pages. Customizing the theme is very easy and requires no coding knowledge as it uses LayersWP, a drag-and-drop builder. It is also fully responsive, ensuring it looks good on any device.
Best for: Real estate agents & companies
Features: Hexo is a modern WordPress theme designed to meet the needs of those in the real estate industry. It comes with the ability to add attractive listings and a homepage-based search tool that allows users to search listings by several parameters. It is a great WordPress business theme for those in real estate looking for a turnkey solution for their website and aren’t interested in spending time integrating third-party plug-ins for added functionality.
Best for: Blog-heavy businesses
Features: The Girlboss WordPress theme is an easy-to-use and beautiful layout that is fully customizable. It includes a variety of layout options, slider elements, and a separate design for your blog. It is also responsive and WooCommerce-ready. Critical to companies with customer outreach as part of their marketing, Girlboss also includes integration with the email service provider MailChimp.
Best for: Hospitality industry
Features: 5 Stars is a WordPress theme designed especially for businesses in the hospitality industry. It is designed to be a booking platform, making it easy to set up and customize reservation functionality for your hotel or bed and breakfast. It is also fully responsive, has cross-browser compatibility, and is easy to customize without coding knowledge.
Best for: Services businesses like construction, plumbing, or architecture
Features: The Urban Builder theme is designed for service industry businesses that need a professional website built quickly. Hit the ground running with galleries that showcase your work and a quote request form. The theme is fully responsive and cross-browser compatible, so it will look good no matter what device a visitor is using. It is also SEO-optimized and WooCommerce-ready.
Best for: Consulting businesses
Features: The Consor theme by Templatemonster comes packed with plug-ins that are not always included with the free themes. Perhaps the most impressive is the appointment booking plug-in, making this theme a good choice for businesses wanting to accept reservations online. Consor requires no coding knowledge and includes a host of special features, including pop-ups, timer modules, galleries, and separate blog layout options.
10 Best Tools & Plug-ins for Building a WordPress Website
Incorporating specific tools and plug-ins to your design efforts is key to a successful website. The tools below are designed to improve your graphics, SEO, ecommerce functionality, and marketing.
Here are our 10 top tools to help you turn your WordPress business theme into a great website:
- Pexels: A completely free image site, Pexels provides high-quality graphics you can use on your site if you don’t have a budget for professional photography
- Canva: If you need to edit an image, Canva the way to go; this free tool helps you create and customize graphics to meet your website needs
- Yoast SEO: This SEO plug-in helps improve your website’s ranking in search results by adding critical data to each piece of content, including keywords, metadata, and more
- Humcommerce: Use this tool to get insights on user behavior as they browse your site, giving you information to make your website experience even better
- Getsitecontrol: This widget plug-in is an ideal tool for collecting information from visitors as they browse your site; create forms to collect emails or other contact information, and place throughout your site as pop-ups or static features
- Akismet Anti-Spam: This plug-in monitors and checks your website comments and contact form submissions for spam, ensuring your site isn’t burdened by malicious visitors
- MalCare: MalCare is a powerful security plug-in that monitors and helps maintain the health and security of your website, with plans starting at $8.25 per month
- Google Transparency Tool: A free offering by Google that scans the web for dangerous websites, this helpful tool lets you know if your site is every marked as dangerous
- Fiverr: No matter what type of support you might need — from graphic design to using widgets — you can find affordable freelancers on Fiverr who can help you with one-off tasks; single-project assistance starts as low as $5
- Hibu: If you get stuck and find yourself having trouble building your own site, Hibu is a great resource; they can help you build a professional and affordable website and monitor your SEO to ensure you’re ranking high in Google search results
Do’s and Don’ts of Choosing WordPress Business Themes
Choosing a WordPress business theme can be a challenge. There are certain things you will want to keep in mind while choosing the right one, including the built-in features that you need, responsiveness as a mobile-friendly design, and cost.
- Determine what design fits your brand: While WordPress business themes are customizable, be sure you pick one that matches your existing branding, including colors and fonts, which will ensure you spend less time customizing the site before it goes live
- Focus on features: Make sure you choose a WordPress business theme that comes with the features your website needs, like product pages or reservation booking, which will ensure you spend less time finding third-party plug-ins that provide needed functionality
- Consider usability: Keep in mind that your website needs to be user-friendly for your website visitors; themes that are glutted with widgets and excessive design features can make browsing a chore and website loading slow, so steer clear of them
- Focus solely on free themes: If there aren’t any free WordPress business themes that fit your needs, don’t overlook low-cost options; it can be well worth the price to pay for a theme that suits your business instead of trying to customize a theme that doesn’t
- Overlook using a quality hosting service: There are a number of free website hosting services available, but paying the small price for professional website hosting comes with the benefit of high website uptimes, website security, fast load times, and overall reliability; We recommend Bluehost, which starts at $2.95 per month
- Forget to include keywords in web copy: To get your website found online, you will need to include your keywords through your website copy, which is how search engines like Google determine whether or not your website is a good search result; for more help, consider adding the Yoast SEO plug-in to your site
The Bottom Line
WordPress business themes are a great opportunity for small businesses to build affordable, professional websites without coding knowledge. With so many themes available, it’s important to find a theme that fits your business needs; this means less customization and more time spent marketing to potential customers.
Before you get started with themes, you need to make sure you have a website host, domain, and a WordPress account. Hosting is critical, and while there are a number of hosting services to choose from, Bluehost is a top choice. It is a reliable host with a number of included features, such as free business email and built-in security. Click below to get Bluehost hosting for just $2.95 per month.