This article is part of a larger series on How to Become a Real Estate Agent.
What We Recommend CA Realty Training For
CA Realty Training allows students the flexibility to choose education plans based on their learning needs. Whether students are looking to obtain their license for the first time or looking to grow their careers with a brokerage license, each pricing package offers optional upgrades, add-on videos, and live training by a real estate expert.
Who CA Realty Training Is Good For
- Best for students who like a mix of live and online course formats: Some students have higher chances of passing the state exam by learning from slides and reading the course material. However, students who would like to include some classroom and instructor interaction should enroll in CA Realty Training’s video and live course packages for a better course experience. For that reason, it is one of the best online real estate schools in California.
- Real estate licensing education for all stages of your career: CA Realty Training offers courses to excel in different levels of a real estate career, from salesperson prelicensing to broker licensing and CE courses to keep licenses valid. It even offers some of the best exam preparation courses in California.
- Students who want real estate job assistance: In order to keep your real estate license valid, it must be held by a brokerage. Once students pass the state exam, CA Realty Training helps students with scheduling interviews with a brokerage in their network. These brokerage introductions are crucial to starting your career.
CA Realty Training Is Not a Good Fit For
- A student who wants more than six months to complete prelicensing education: With busy schedules, students may need extended time to complete coursework. If students don’t want to be limited to a six-month time frame, consider access to California real estate education through The CE Shop, which allows 12 months of course access.
- Aspiring agents who want exam prep as part of their prelicensing: While CA Realty Training covers course prerequisites, it doesn’t cover everything on the CA real estate exam. Although it has a supplemental exam crash course, students who want prelicensing courses that include state exam topics should take a look at our top five accredited online real estate schools.
- Students who want a straightforward refund policy: Students are required to complete five full practice tests in order to qualify for CA Realty Training’s refund guarantee. Students who want a more straightforward refund policy should look into a pass guarantee with less limitations from Aceable Agent. Students just need to complete their course, take a prep course, and score at least 85% on a practice test to qualify for a refund.
CA Realty Training Overview
|Free introductory session||Full refund comes with some restrictions|
|In-person and live webinar course formats||Online prelicensing course doesn't cover everything on state exam|
|Supplemental live training in over 100 locations across state||Access to prelicensing courses for only 6 months|
|Job placement assistance||Live training requires 3 consecutive months of commitment|
|Exam prep included in prelicensing packages||No livestream courses for CE|
CA Realty Training Pricing
Tiered pricing options are offered for each education plan at CA Realty Training to satisfy all budgets. Students can select from prelicensing, broker licensing, exam preparation, and continuing education courses, with fees starting at $50. All courses offered have self-paced learning options, access to customer service, and provided e-books. However, licensing and exam preparation plans offer add-ons for supplemental training, livestream learning format, and instructor access.
Who It's Best For
Students who want to have the option of adding on live training sessions to obtain their initial license
Active agents with at least 2 years of experience who want to upgrade their license
Students who like to have multiple exam prep package offerings
Agents who want to complete CE courses in as little as 6 days
$75 to $399.99
$75 to $270
$50 to $175
Customer Service Support
Supplemental Training Add-ons
Ondemand Video Add-ons
Types of Education Available
Students have access to each plan for up to six months and can select from a self-paced learning environment or add-on, live instructor-led sessions. CA Realty Training offers prelicensing courses for new and aspiring agents looking to pass the state exam to broker and CE education for experienced agents wanting to grow their careers.
CA Realty Training offers three prelicensing programs to help prospective agents meet California’s real estate education requirements, but it also offers individual courses for students who would like to customize their education with a la carte classes. The prelicensing programs contain at least one exam prep feature to help students pass the state test.
The prelicensing courses are all self-paced with add-ons for videos, textbooks, and in-person or live webinars. All prelicensing plans come with access to the student dashboard, which contains practice quizzes, tests, and e-books.
Online + Videos
Online + Live Training
$75 per course
CA Realty Training Features
The plans provided by CA Realty Training allow students to choose their own path toward completing the real estate education requirements. Each course has access to instructors and learning materials like quizzes, flashcards, e-books, and recorded videos—helping students retain the course information for the final exams. If assistance is needed, students have the option of reaching customer support through phone, email, and live chat.
Here are the features that support a successful online real estate education:
- Unlimited access for six months plus an option to extend
- Separate exam prep package options for extra practice
- Access to an online trainer for support
- State exam prep pass guarantee
- Downloadable PowerPoint slides
- Printable flashcards
The add-on options offered by CA Realty Training allow students to customize their real estate education to fit their learning needs. Students have the option of choosing a self-paced online classroom experience, but can add features like video, live webinars, and live in-classroom courses if needed.
There are multiple CA Realty Training locations scattered throughout California for students who prefer to participate in the live in-person classroom. Students who prefer to learn with physical textbooks can purchase them at an additional cost. Also, students who want quick exam preparation before taking the exam can participate in the crash course prior to taking their state exams.
Proprietary Student Portal
- Access to course materials
- Showcases course performance
- Displays completed certificates
The proprietary student portal acts as the central database containing all the learning materials purchased with a CA Realty Training licensing plan. Students have access to a dashboard visually outlining course performance and course completion percentages.
Student portal walk-through
In the portal, students can access the online coursework along with exam prep, practice tests, flashcards, and e-books. Students who sign up for live courses can find locations nearest them.
Exam Prep Crash Course
- 90% pass rate
- Recommended for after approval received to take state exam from the Department of Real Estate
- Prerecorded video or live webinar options
Live crash course exam prep
The CA Realty Training crash course is an intense two-day course that has been proven to have a 90% pass rate. In the crash course, students will learn tips and tricks to pass the state test. With the purchase of the crash course, students are provided with access to the state exam prep materials as well. The exam prep has unlimited practice exams and comes with digital flashcards. Students have access to the crash course for two months, along with the state exam prep for six months.
- Can be purchased a la carte
- Available for all course topics
- Students can use both e-book and hardcopy textbooks
Some students may find learning to be difficult with e-books through the student portal. Therefore, they are able to purchase hardcopy textbooks when enrolling in the prelicensing courses.
Students can purchase all three books or select a la carte based on each class. Los Angeles Times found that for reading materials greater than 500 words, comprehension is better with printed passages.
Courses a la Carte
- For students who want to customize their coursework
- Ideal for students who have already completed a course elsewhere
- Option to still enroll in prelicensing package
The CDRE requires students to complete courses on the topics of Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice, and one more elective course. After students complete each course, they will receive course certificates proving their completion.
Students who may have taken courses at another real estate education provider have the option of purchasing courses a la carte from CA Realty Training to complete their coursework. With the course purchase, students will still get access to flashcards, practice questions, and practice tests.
Free Introductory Course
- Preview before committing to a package
- Online preview of course available
- Offered three times a month
Since the prelicensing packages can be an expensive investment, the opportunity to sit in and preview a live training session can help aspiring agents decide on whether they want to make the commitment. The free course covers the licensing process, how to become an agent, and an introduction to the first few chapters of the prelicensing course. Students can be confident of the education they will receive before they sign up.
- Need a brokerage to hold license for it to be valid
- Provides tips on how to interview
- Final step to becoming an agent
Once students pass the exam, they are provided with a real estate license but need to hang it up with a brokerage for it to be valid. The CA Realty Training program helps connect students with their partnership brokerage. Its program also provides tips and tricks to help you select the best brokerage for you.
Agents should evaluate their brokerage based on culture, support, technological advances, and training program. They should also inquire about commission splits and ongoing career support for a successful real estate career.
Ease of Use
Signing up with CA Realty Training is a simple process: Students will need to select the course they are interested in, whether it’s salesperson licensing, broker licensing, exam prep, or continuing education. From there, students have the option of selecting which package is best for them, and decide whether they’d like to purchase specific add-ons like video or hardcopy textbooks.
Pricing is laid out clearly at the bottom of the screen based on the student’s selection and a video is available on the purchasing page to help provide clarity into the package selected. Once signed up, students have immediate access to the student portal. Agents can easily access all the necessary information needed to be successful in their courses. The left navigation pane of the student portal lets students switch between courses, exam prep, and study materials.
CA Realty Training Alternatives
Best For: Prelicensing plan, including exam prep
Best For: Access to course for up to 1 year
Best For: Pass or don't pay guarantee
Starting Prelicensing Cost: $119
Starting Prelicensing Cost: $100
Starting Prelicensing Cost: $119
What Users Say in CA Realty Training Reviews
Students of CA Realty Training found the instructors to have a great deal of experience and knowledge to provide throughout the course. Students enjoyed having the opportunity to connect to instructors for any questions that came up throughout their online learning. They found the information to be up to date and materials well organized on the platform.
- Trustpilot: 4.8 out of 5 based on 82 reviews
- Yelp: 5 out of 5 based on 82 reviews
- Indeed: 4.6 out of 5 based on 24 reviews
One negative review mentioned the frequent change in instructors, and each instructor had different ways of teaching the materials. Another student found the access timeline to be too short and would have preferred to have longer than six months to access the course. Students who want a longer access period should consider 360training’s 12-month access from the date of purchase.
CA Realty Training’s California-based program guides students through the complex process of getting a license. It also offers multiple package options fitting all budgets with add-ons to meet different learning styles. The exam preparation and continuing education ensure students are prepared to take and pass the exams and keep their licenses valid.