Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business
Businesses that spend less than $19,000 annually
- Introductory reward worth $200 after you spend $3,000 within the first three months
- 1.5% cash back on every purchase
- Issue employee cards for free
- No annual fee
- Ability to finance purchases with 0% APR for nine months
- 0% APR doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- Can’t redeem rewards for travel or transfer to a travel partner
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the US and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for up to 90 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim.
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business is an excellent cash back credit card that offers no annual fee and 1.5% cash back on all business-related purchases. This small business credit card is designed for businesses that want fixed-rate cash back. It also comes with additional features, including purchase protection and travel accident insurance.
Who Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business is Best For
- Owners who want a fixed-rate rewards card without annual fee: Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business offers no annual fee and 1.5% cash back on every purchase. This is great for businesses that spend money in several categories.
- Owners who have annual credit card expenses of $19,000 or less: With the no-annual fee Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business, you will earn $285 in rewards if you spend up to $19,000 for one year. If you have more than $19,000 in annual credit card expenses, Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business might be a better choice.
How We Evaluate Cash Back Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading fixed-rate cash back business credit cards like Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business, we weigh ongoing rewards heaviest. We rate introductory rewards as slightly less important, but it’s still the second biggest factor. We also consider the annual fee, introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs), and additional features.
Highest Possible Score
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business Fees
- Introductory APR: 0% on purchases for nine months
- Ongoing APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable, which changes with the prime rate
- Annual fee: None
- Balance transfer fee: None
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: $10 or 3%, whichever is greater; cash advance APR is 26.99% variable
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business Rewards
- 1.5% fixed-rate cash back on all purchases
Welcome offer: Earn a one-time $200 cash bonus when you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening.
You can redeem your cash back upon request in the form of a statement credit or a check by mail. You can also redeem your rewards for a recent transaction made on your Capital One business credit card, or for gift cards at restaurants, retailers, or hotels. Automatic redemption is also available at a set time each calendar year or when a threshold has been reached.
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business Features
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business covers purchased items that were either stolen or damaged for the first 90 days after your purchase. Purchase Security will replace, repair, or reimburse you up to the original purchasing price, with a maximum limit of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder. Some purchases are not included with this coverage like animals, living plants, computer software, collectible items, jewelry, medical equipment, perishables, preowned items, and more.
Extended Warranty Protection
Capital One will double the time period of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to one additional year for warranties of three years or less. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder. Items not covered with this protection include computer software, medical equipment, real estate, preowned items, motorized vehicles, leased items, and items purchased for resale.
Travel Accident Insurance
The travel accident insurance is available through Visa® Signature Business Benefits and covers up to $250,000 for you, your spouse, and unmarried dependent children. Coverage does not include loss resulting from emotional trauma, mental or physical illness, suicide, intentionally self-inflicted injuries, war, and travel between the insured person’s residence and regular place of employment.
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
The lost luggage reimbursement is part of Visa® Signature Business Benefits, which protects your checked luggage or carry-on baggage against theft or misdirection by the common carrier. Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business lost luggage reimbursement covers the value of your checked or carry-on baggage up to $3,000 per trip. New York residents will only have coverage up to $2,000.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Capital One provides an auto rental collision damage waiver in case of damage due to collision or theft. The coverage is primary if the car rental is for business purposes, which means you won’t need to use your personal insurance or accept the rental company’s insurance. Capital One may reimburse you up to the cash value of the car. Rentals of 31 consecutive days or less are eligible.
Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
Capital One provides travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance 24 hours a day to the cardholder, their immediate family members, and employees. While the number is toll-free, you’ll be responsible for the cost of any actual medical, legal, transportation, cash advance, or other services provided.
Price Protection Plan
You will receive a price protection plan when you use your Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business card to make purchases. If you see a previously purchased item listed at a lower price in another merchant’s printed advertisement within 60 days, you can receive a refund of the difference from Capital One. The refund amount is limited to $500 per item and $2,500 per eligible account.
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business Alternatives
Chase Ink Business CashSM Credit Card
Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
Office-based businesses that want top cash back rewards
- Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year
- Earn 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year
- Earn 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- No Annual Fee
Note: The information related to the ChaseInk Business Cash℠ Credit Card Card has been collected by fitsmallbusiness.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
- Top rewards for office supply spending
- Introductory APR on purchases
- Cash sign-up bonus
- 0% APR doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- High balance transfer fee of 5%
- Designed mainly for office-oriented companies
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of three years or less.
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards World EliteTM MasterCard®
BEST FOR 0% APR for 15 Billing Cycles
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards World Elite™ Mastercard®
0% APR for 15 Billing Cycles
Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard®
Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card
Up to 3% cash back in a spending category of your choice
9 billing cycles
- Get a $300 statement credit when you make at least $3,000 in net purchases within 90 days of your account opening - with no annual fee and cash rewards don't expire.
- Earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice, 2% cash back on dining and unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- You'll get 3% and 2% cash back on the first $50,000 in combined choice category/dining purchases each calendar year, 1% thereafter.
- 0% Introductory APR on purchases for your first 9 billing cycles.
- Redeem your cash rewards as a statement credit, check, or have cash deposited into a Bank of America® checking or savings account.
- Get 75% more cash back on every purchase when you're a Preferred Rewards for Business Platinum Honors tier member. That means you will earn 5.25% on your selected choice category, 3.5% on dining and unlimited 1.75% cash back on all other purchases.
- Statement credit introductory bonus offer
- Low ongoing APR
- Highest rewards are capped at $50,000 each year
- Earns top rewards in only one spending category
Bank of American does not disclose details of its additional card features. To find out more about these additional features, review your guide to benefits when you receive your card in the mail.
Capital One® Spark® Cash Select for Business is best for business owners who want a no annual fee card that offers fixed-rate cash back rewards for all business-related purchases. This card offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases and is an excellent option for those who have annual credit card expenses of less than $19,000. Check out our list of the top credit cards to find other cards that may be a better fit for you.