CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®
Frequent American Airlines flyers who want premium airline perks
- 2 AAdvantage® miles on telecommunications, car rental, gas station purchases
- 2 AAdvantage® mile on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 1 AAdvantage® mile on other purchases
- First checked bag free
- Terms Apply
- Excellent introductory bonus offer
- Free first checked bag
- Priority boarding on American Airlines flights
- No airport lounge access
- Blackout dates for select booking
- Some rewards redemption fees may apply
- Free checked bag: Check one bag for free for you and up to four companions traveling with you to domestic itineraries if they are listed on the same reservation
- Preferred boarding: You and up to four traveling companions will be able to board once priority boarding is complete but before the rest of economy boards
- American Airlines companion certificate: Earn one $99 domestic economy fare—plus $21.60 to $43.40 in government taxes and fees—after you make at least $30,000 in eligible purchases each 12-month period before your card anniversary date
- Savings on inflight purchases: Receive a 25% discount on inflight food, beverage, and Wi-Fi purchases you make with your CitiBusiness credit card
The CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® is an excellent travel card for business owners who fly frequently with American Airlines. This small business credit card offers travel perks, such as priority boarding, free checked bags, and travel rewards, which can be redeemed for free flights with American Airlines and its foreign airline partners.
Who the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® Is Best For
- Business owners who frequently travel with American Airlines: The CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® offers perks like free checked luggage, preferred boarding, and a $99 companion pass after spending $30,000 in an account year, which makes this card valuable for AA loyalists.
How We Evaluate Travel Rewards Business Credit Cards
When grading travel rewards business credit cards like the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®, we weighed ongoing rewards, introductory rewards, and additional features heaviest. We also considered the card’s annual fee and its introductory and ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs).
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® Fees
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 15.99% to 24.99% variable, which adjusts with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $99, waived the first year
- Balance transfer fee: Transfers are not allowed
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Cash advance fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater; APR is 25.24%
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® Rewards
- 2 AAdvantage® miles for every dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 2 AAdvantage® miles for every dollar spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants, and gas stations
- 1 AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on all other purchases
Welcome offer: Earn 65,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first four months of account opening
You can redeem your miles by booking flights for as little as 7,500 miles each way plus applicable taxes and carrier-imposed fees. While there are no blackout dates, award seats may not always be available. You can also use your miles to redeem for travel through one of around 24 foreign airline partners, including British Airways and Cathay Pacific.
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® Features
First Checked Bag Free
The CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® allows you and up to four companions to check one bag for free for domestic itineraries. Your companions should be traveling with you, and they should be listed on the same reservation. Overweight or oversized bags are excluded from this benefit. Checked bag fees typically start at $30, so this benefit could be worth up to $150 per flight.
With CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®, you and up to four traveling companions will be able to board once priority boarding is complete but before the rest of economy passengers board. Your boarding pass will show Group 5.
American Airlines Companion Certificate
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® cardholders can earn one $99 domestic economy fare plus $21.60 to $43.40 in government taxes and fees. To be eligible, you need to spend at least $30,000 in eligible purchases each 12-month period prior to your card anniversary date. The companion certificate is valid on a round-trip flight within the lower 48 states in which the primary cardholder purchases a main cabin fare ticket.
Savings on In-flight Purchases
With CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®, you can receive a 25% discount on in-flight food, beverage, and Wi-Fi purchases that you make using your CitiBusiness credit card.
Worldwide Car Rental Insurance
When you rent a car using your CitiBusiness card, you’re covered up to $50,000 in case of accident or theft on all rentals made worldwide. Since coverage is primary, you won’t need to use your personal auto insurance or accept the insurance offered by the rental agency. Trucks, sport utility vehicles, vans, recreational vehicles, antique vehicles, and any vehicle with fewer than four wheels are not covered by this insurance.
Citi may repair or reimburse you for items purchased with your CitiBusiness credit card that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Coverage is limited to $10,000 per item, up to $50,000 per year per account. Tickets, motorized vehicles, real estate, used items, and losses due to normal wear and tear, fraudulent acts, and those resulting from floods, hurricanes, lightning, and earthquakes are not covered.
Extended Warranty Protection
Citi will double the manufacturer’s warranty up to an additional 12 months from the expiration of warranties of 60 months or less. The issuer will replace the item or reimburse you up to the amount charged on your Citi card up to $10,000. Certain items are excluded from this coverage, such as antique items, motorized vehicles, real estate, all types of media, and professional services.
Travel Accident Insurance
Citi will provide up to $1 million of coverage if you die or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing in a plane, train, ferry, or cruise ship accident paid for with your CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®. Citi will pay out the maximum coverage only in the event of death. Injuries are eligible for $250,000 to $500,000 in coverage.
Travel and Emergency Assistance
Mastercard will provide travel, emergency, medical, and legal assistance 24 hours a day to the cardholder, cardholder’s spouse, or dependent child under the age of 19 or up to 25 years of age in case the dependent is a full-time college student. This is only a concierge service, which means the cardholder will be responsible for the cost of the assistance provided.
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® Alternatives
Chase Ink Business Preferred®
BEST FOR Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Maximizing travel rewards at a lower annual fee
American Express Business Platinum®
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Breeze through security with CLEAR® where available and get up to $179 back per year on your membership when you use your Card.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to more than 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than a dozen US airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,000 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every 4 years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4 1/2 years.
- Travel credit: A $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $200 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®
Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card
Earning top rewards on travel purchases booked through Bank of America
9 billing cycles
- Earn 30,000 bonus points when you make at least $3,000 in net purchases within 90 days of your account opening which can be redeemed for a $300 statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Earn unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all purchases everywhere, every time-no matter how much you spend. Points don't expire.
- Earn 3 points per every dollar spent on travel purchases (car, hotel, airline) booked through the Bank of America® Travel Center.
- No annual fee and no international transaction fees.
- 0% Introductory APR on purchases for your first 9 billing cycles.
- Redeem points for travel with no blackout dates, cash back or gift cards.
- Get 75% more points on the base earn of every purchase you make when you’re a Preferred Rewards for Business Platinum Honors tier member. That means you will earn 2.62 points for every $1 you spend and 4.12 points per every $1 you spend at the Bank of America® Travel Center.
- 3x points on travel
- 0% APR on purchases
- No blackout dates on travel
- Low ongoing rewards on non-travel
- Low introductory bonus
- No 0% APR on balance transfers
Bank of American does not disclose details of its additional card features. To find out more about these additional features, review your guide to benefits when you receive your card in the mail.
The CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® is a great option for business owners who travel frequently and exclusively with American Airlines. Aside from earning rewards, you can also enjoy several travel perks. If this is not the right credit card for you, visit our credit card marketplace to see other options.