Codename One is an open-source app development software that enables developers to create apps for mobile devices. Using Java 8 and Kotlin, users can create Write Once Run Anywhere (WORA) native apps that can run on operating systems like iOS, Android, and Windows. In this article, we cover its pricing options. Ready to try Codename One? Get it for free.
Summary of Codename One User Reviews
As of the date this article was written (11/21/18), there are no up-to-date user reviews of Codename One online. If you are a past or current Codename One customer, leave a review to help others who are deciding whether or not to use the software.
Codename One Pricing
*The annual plans are paid in full at the start of the billing cycle.
Ready to try out Codename One? Get it for free.
Codename One Feature
Check out the list below of some of Codename One’s features:
- Write Once Run Anywhere support with no special hardware requirements
- 100% code reuse
- Open source and free with commercial backing/support
- Easy to use with 100% portable drag-and-drop GUI builder
- Full access to underlying native OS capabilities using the native OS programming language (e.g. Objective-C) without compromising portability
- Provides full control over every pixel on the screen
- Use of native widgets (views) and mix them with Codename One components within the same hierarchy (heavyweight/lightweight mixing)
- Supports seamless Continuous Integration out-of-the-box
Codename One FAQ
Is there a limit to the number of apps a user can build using Codename One?
Will users need a large device memory to run Codename One?
Here is a list of some of Codename One’s popular integrations: