Zoho CRM is a customer relationship management (CRM) software that helps users keep track of trends, manage contacts, and nurture leads. RingCentral is a highly rated, voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) phone system that supports a number of powerful integrations, like its app (called Zoho for RingCentral). This app is simple to install and makes it easier for businesses to streamline sales processes by connecting the two systems.
To connect Zoho CRM with RingCentral, follow the three steps below:
1. Verify Your Service Plan Supports the Integration
While the Zoho for RingCentral app is free, not all Zoho or RingCentral plans support the integration. Therefore, before you attempt to download and use the app, verify your subscription level with both services.
RingCentral Plans That Support Zoho Integration
Although RingCentral has four service tiers for its business phone system, the most basic package (the Essentials plan) does not integrate with Zoho. While this is unfortunate, it is easy to upgrade the service. Take the time to look at RingCentral’s higher-tiered plans to decide features (in addition to the integration) might make it worth the additional cost of an upgrade for your business.
The RingCentral plans that support Zoho for RingCentral are:
- Price: $34.99 per user, per month; $24.99 monthly when paid on an annual basis
- Features: Zoho CRM and other integrations; voicemail-to-text and voicemail-to-email; call log reports; unlimited business SMS texting; up to 100 toll-free minutes; unlimited internet faxing; video meetings serving up to 100 participants; and multilevel auto-attendant
- Price: $44.99 per user, per month; $34.99 monthly when paid on an annual basis
- Features: Standard features plus automatic call recording; real-time analytics; and hot desking
- Price: $59.99 per user, per month; $49.99 monthly when paid on an annual basis
- Features: Premium features plus advanced call handling options (whisper, barge, and so forth); device status reports; and unlimited storage
*All plans are based on two to 19 users.
To learn more about RingCentral, its prices, or features, visit our RingCentral Ultimate Guide. If you aren’t already a RingCentral user, consider visiting their website to take advantage of a free trial of higher-tiered plans before you subscribe.
Zoho Plans That Support Zoho Integration
Like RingCentral, there are four Zoho CRM service tiers, but the integration is not offered with all of them—only the top two service tiers offer Zoho for RingCentral. The plans that do support integration with RingCentral are as follows:
- Price: $45 per month; $35 monthly when billed on an annual basis
- Features: Zoho for RingCentral integration; Zia artificial intelligence (AI) assistant; customer, vendor, and partner portals; advanced customization options; and Canvas mode for a visual CRM view of your dashboard
- Price: $55 per month; $45 monthly when billed on an annual basis
- Features: Zoho for RingCentral integration; free 30-day trial; enhanced feature limits like more web forms and data enrichment; and everything else included in the Enterprise package
2. Download & Install the Integration
After you’ve verified that your subscription to Zoho and RingCentral supports the integration, you can navigate to RingCentral’s app gallery and, in the search box, type in “Zoho CRM.” The first result to populate should be the Zoho for RingCentral application.
Choose the Zoho CRM app. Once you’re at the description page, click the blue “Get It Now” button on the right. This will prompt the download and installation process to start. Follow the short setup wizard by following the prompts on the screen. Ensure that you know your login credentials for both Zoho and RingCentral; you will be asked for both.
3. Start Using the Integration
You can start using the integration as soon as it’s installed. When you open the Zoho CRM application, the RingCentral portal will appear on the right-hand side of the interface. You can use this portal to make and receive calls as well as view call logs.
Reasons to Connect Zoho CRM to RingCentral
While it might seem like a small thing, there are so many ways that the Zoho for RingCentral integration can improve communication between you and your customers. Businesses can save time from misdialing or searching for the proper contact using different calling methods, as well as enrich the customer experience by updating contact information with every interaction.
The main features of the Zoho for RingCentral integration include:
Dial Without Leaving the Zoho Screen
Connecting Zoho CRM with a VoIP business phone system, like RingCentral, gives you the ability to set up default dialing preferences. These are ways to make calls from within the CRM, which reduces the need to switch applications. After the systems are integrated, the three ways you can make calls from within Zoho are:
- Click-to-dial: With this feature, you simply select a phone number within Zoho and click on it to initiate a phone call. This can be within a support ticket, a contact name, or anywhere within your browser. It saves on misdials and ensures that you are calling the correct number every time.
- Softphone: Softphone capabilities allow you to manually dial a telephone number from the dialer option. You must have the softphone option enabled, and if you don’t have it, you can download it here.
- RingOut: This RingCentral-branded feature allows you to choose the phone number that you want to dial from. This allows you to mask your personal phone number or make calls on behalf of another teammate or location of your choosing, which in turn, reduces the risk your contacts will inadvertently save the wrong contact details in their address books. Click here to learn more about the feature.
Be More Informed Before Every Incoming Call
Thanks to the pop-up feature within the Zoho for RingCentral integration, you will never miss incoming calls. A pop-up window instantly shows you who is calling, as well as any relevant details regarding their contact information, to help you better tailor your conversations.
Additionally, because your RingCentral and Zoho contacts are merged, you can change any details about a specific contact from within the integration or add any new notes, which will help in future conversations. Even better, the integration will also prompt you to choose from different follow-up activities such as schedule a callback or create a task so that agents never forget that every call is a chance to build on the customer relationship.
Better Understand Your Call Patterns
Zoho and RingCentral provide you with a full call log history, allowing you to see details such as when a call was placed, how long the conversation lasted, whether it was an outgoing or incoming call, and more. Agents can then use this information to determine if calls are more successful at certain times of the day, which then can help them better plan future follow-up activities.
They can also use this information to identify leads that might not be worth continued follow-up, as well as leads that could benefit from a face-to-face meeting. These insights can then also help salespeople better focus their efforts on the leads most likely to convert.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the system requirements?
To use the Zoho for RingCentral integration, you must meet the following system requirements:
RingCentral and Zoho:
- You must have a RingCentral Office Premium account and RingCentral Office Ultimate account.
- You must have a Zoho CRM Enterprise or Zoho CRM Professional Edition account.
- Google Chrome 30 (or later)
- Mozilla Firefox 25 (or later)
- Safari 6.0.5 (or later)
- Internet Explorer 10 (or later).
- Windows XP or above
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or above
Will my contacts sync?
Yes. When you download and install the integration, your RingCentral and Zoho CRM contacts will automatically sync. You will have the option to add or edit existing notes, create follow-up tasks related to your contacts, and schedule callbacks—all within the integration.
Zoho CRM is a robust business tool all on its own in terms of helping you better manage your customer relationships. However, it can be made even more powerful thanks to a number of integrations with other business systems, such as a VoIP phone service.
If you’re interested in connecting your Zoho CRM subscription to a business phone system, but aren’t sure which phone system is best, consider RingCentral. In addition to being able to connect to Zoho CRM, the service also offers call recording, advanced call handling features, and auto-attendant services. Give RingCentral’s first three service tiers a try before you decide to commit by taking advantage of the free 15-day trial.