UberConference is Dialpad’s video conferencing platform that eliminates PINs and software downloads, making it quick and easy for participants to join. The platform can host up to 100 callers at a time and includes features like high-definition (HD) video, screen sharing, voice transcriptions, and custom hold music. It’s a great budget-friendly conferencing tool for small businesses that need a basic, low-cost video solution.
What We Recommend Dialpad UberConference For
Dialpad UberConference is an affordable video conferencing platform that’s perfect for startups, freelancers, and small businesses. It’s not the most innovative video solution, but it doesn’t try to be. UberConference excels for its simplicity and ease of use. Starting an online meeting takes no time, and participants will have no barrier to entry since meetings require no PINs or software installation.
When to Use Dialpad UberConference
- Small businesses and solopreneurs looking for a free online meeting solution: UberConference’s free video conferencing plan will satisfy most small business needs. It empowers your business with an unlimited number of 45-minute meetings, and is equipped with fundamental tools like screen sharing and call recording. It is one of our top picks for the best free video conferencing solutions.
- Teams that need a basic video conferencing platform: UberConference provides a simple, easy-to-use platform that satisfies the most basic video conferencing needs. It’s more than suitable for small team meetings, department meetings, chats with external participants, and even company all hands. We consider it as one of the best video conferencing software.
- Startups and teams that work remotely or out in the field: UberConference works via web browser, desktop app, or mobile application. It’s a great business communications tool that supports HD videos through its cloud-based solution.
When Dialpad UberConference Would Not Be a Good Fit
- Growing businesses that require a unified communications platform: Dialpad UberConference is only a video conferencing platform and doesn’t provide other communication channels like calling, texting, and faxing. If you need a complete and unified business phone system, you’re better off going with an alternative like RingCentral.
- Large teams that have more than 100 meeting participants: UberConference’s Business plan limits meetings to just 100 participants. If your company has more employees than that or frequently holds large meetings, you’ll want to upgrade to a different platform like Zoom.
- Companies that require specific business integrations: It’s best to find a solution that works for your business—not a solution your business has to work for. UberConference comes with nine integrations, but your business may require a different integration or even a public API.
Dialpad UberConference Overview
|Budget-friendly pricing||User interface is clunky|
|No PINs or downloads necessary||Audio transcripts are far from perfect|
|Powerful free plan||Mobile app is lacking compared to web app|
|Includes essential conferencing features||Screen sharing is complex and lacks collaborative tools|
Dialpad UberConference Pricing
Dialpad UberConference’s Free plan is a great way to test out the video conferencing platform and see if it’s the right fit for your business. It provides unlimited meetings up to 45-minutes long and basic features like screen sharing, call recording, and mobile app functionality.
Businesses needing sessions longer than 45 minutes and access to advanced features like analytics, custom call-in numbers, and international access will need to upgrade to the Business plan ($20 per user, per month).
Freelancers, startups, and small teams
$20 per user, per month
$15 per user, per month
Number of Participants
Up to 10
Up to 100
Maximum Conference Duration
45 minutes per meeting
5 hours per meeting
Custom Call-in Number
Custom Hold Music
Team Management Portal
No hardware or software is necessary to run UberConference. Since it’s a voice-over-internet-protocol (VoIP) conferencing application, you’ll need a reliable internet connection and a desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone that’s powerful enough to stream live video.
UberConference runs through your web browser, meaning you don’t need to download any applications on your computer. However, you’ll need the mobile app if you plan to use UberConference on your phone.
Dialpad UberConference Features
UberConference has all the essential features you need to schedule and lead professional meetings, like screen sharing, HD video, call recording, and mobile apps. All of the general features are available under the Free plan, but you’ll need to upgrade to the paid plan to get access to some of UberConference’s more advanced functionality.
Here’s a quick list of some of the more sophisticated features:
- Voice intelligence: Artificial intelligence (AI) automatically transcribes meetings and automates tasks.
- International calling: Empower participants from over 50 countries to join your meeting.
- Custom hold music: Upload the perfect song for your waiting room.
UberConference video conferencing supports resolutions of up to 720p and call management controls for both the host and each participant. Screen sharing is simple and easy for the host, and other guests can screen share too—but it requires a few extra steps.
Call controls are simple and limited. The host has the ability to mute conference participants, record calls, and add participants mid-call. There’s also a group chat feature for sending instant chat messages to anyone or everyone on the call. However, there are no collaborative tools like whiteboard or markup.
Desktop & Mobile Apps
UberConference was built for use via the web browser, but it also provides a desktop and mobile app for those who want to initiate or join calls from their mobile device. The desktop app has almost the exact same functionality as the web browser. On the other hand, the mobile app is lacking compared to the desktop or web browser, and it only offers limited back-end management beyond joining and scheduling calls.
Dialpad UberConference includes powerful integrations with some of the most popular customer relationship management (CRM) solutions and business applications:
- Google Calendar
- Microsoft Teams
Ease of Use
Scheduling and joining meetings is relatively simple, but users report struggling with the video conferencing interface, especially on their mobile devices. Thanks to UberConference’s simplicity, there’s not a whole lot cluttering on the app, but it can still be challenging to find the exact feature you’re looking for. Screen sharing is a clunky experience for everyone but the host, making it an annoying distraction whenever a participant wants to share something quickly.
Dialpad UberConference Alternatives
Best for: Businesses in need of a unified communications platform
Best for: Businesses that just need a business phone number
Best for: Businesses needing large meeting capacity and extensive integrations
Starting price: $19.99 per user, per month
Starting price: $26 per month for 1 phone number, 3 extensions
Starting price: $14.99 per user, per month
What Users Think of Dialpad UberConference
Most users report loving their experience with UberConference. Many had a flawless experience and had to think long and hard about anything they didn’t like about the platform. Ultimately, users only had nitty-gritty concerns about screen-sharing functionality and the lackluster mobile application.
- G2: 4.4 out of 5 based on 1,907 reviews
- Capterra: 4.5 out of 5 based 375 reviews
- TrustRadius: 8.8 out of 10 based on 113 reviews
- Software Advice: 4.51 out of 5 based on 374 reviews
- GetApp: 4.5 out of 5 based on 375 reviews
Users Don’t Like
Ease of scheduling and joining meetings
Integrations with other tools
Accuracy of audio transcripts
Dialpad UberConference is a great tool for small businesses that want a budget-friendly video conferencing platform. It does an excellent job at eliminating joining friction by cutting out PINs and the need for software installation. However, the interface is a bit lacking, and the 100-participant maximum may be too small for scaling companies in need of larger video conferencing meetings. All in all, it is a reliable platform for hosting your online meetings.