Editor’s note: This is a recurring post with regularly updated card details.
The easiest business credit cards to get come with lower credit score requirements than most cards—regularly accepting applicants with scores below 670. These cards let you cover business expenses without using cash. However, two options on our list are secured credit cards that require a cash deposit as collateral. Either way, you can use these cards to build up your credit scores until you qualify for a better card.
The best easy approval business credit cards are:
- Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business: Best overall for earning rewards while building both business and personal credit
- Wells Fargo Business Secured Card: Best for building business credit
- Discover it® Secured: Best for earning an introductory offer on a secured credit card
- Bento for Business Prepaid Card: Best for managing employee cards with no credit check
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business: Overall Best Easy Approval Business Credit Card
Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business
Fair credit business owners (580 to 669)
- 1% cash back every time you swipe
- Build your business credit through responsible usage
- Issue employee cards for free
- Opportunity to build business credit
- Earn fixed-rate rewards even with fair credit scores
- Rewards never expire
- High APR
- No sign-up bonus
- Reports to personal credit bureaus
- Purchase protection: Capital One will replace, repair, or reimburse you for eligible items in the event of theft or damage within the first 90 days of purchase.
- Extended warranty protection: You’ll get additional warranty protection on eligible items that are purchased with your business card, up to 1 year past the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: You’re covered for damage due to collision or theft when you rent an eligible car with your Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business card.
Why we like it: Our list kicks off with Capital One® Spark® Classic for Business because it’s designed specifically for owners with credit scores between 580 and 669. It offers a great way to improve business credit. Plus, unlike other business credit cards on our list, it earns rewards and doesn’t require a cash deposit to qualify.
You can use this card to cover business expenses and earn 1% cash back on your purchases. Although the rewards aren’t great, this credit card for fair credit owners lets you manage employee expenses and track business spending. If you need to get a business credit card while you have less-than-perfect credit, you can’t go wrong with this card.
Fair credit business owners won’t miss out on card perks that come with most traditional cards when they choose this card, including purchase security and extended warranty. It offers up to $10,000 in purchase security for items that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Plus, you’ll get one full year of warranty coverage with any manufacturer’s warranty.
? Tip: If you know your personal credit score is below 580, start with a secured credit card first. Secured cards still allow you to build credit but have less restrictive credit score requirements. This will help you avoid an unnecessary credit inquiry that could lower your credit score
Wells Fargo Business Secured Card: Best for Building Business Credit
Wells Fargo Business Secured Credit Card
Business owners with poor credit
- Cash Back option: Earn 1.5% cash back on every $1 spent
- Reward Points option: Earn 1 point on every $1 spent and receive 1,000 bonus points when your company spend is $1,000 or more in any monthly billing period
- $0 annual rewards program fee
- $500 to $25,000 credit line
- Zero liability protection
- Approval with credit scores below 580
- Your choice of fixed-rate cash back or points rewards
- Requires a security deposit of at least $500
- Has an annual fee
- Purchase Assurance: Wells Fargo will repair, replace, or reimburse you for items that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.
- Design Studio: Include a personal image or business design on your credit card.
Why we like it: When you can’t qualify for an unsecured card, a secured business credit card is your next best option, which has a credit limit equal to a cash deposit held in a collateral account. If you have credit scores below 580, this Wells Fargo card offers a great way to build business credit to help you qualify for a better card later. Depending on your cash deposit, your credit limit will range from $500 to $25,000.
Plus, this card gives you the power to choose how you earn ongoing rewards—cash back or points. Although the rewards rate is fairly low, you’ll earn flat-rate rewards on purchases you make. That means you won’t have to track spending categories to earn the best rewards rate.
? Tip: Wells Fargo periodically reviews card activity, so managing your business card wisely can pay off. With responsible card use and timely payments, Wells Fargo may upgrade your account to an unsecured Wells Fargo business credit card. After which, Wells Fargo will no longer need collateral and will return your cash deposit.
Discover it® Secured: Best for a Lucrative Introductory Offer
Discover it® Secured
Business owners who need help rebuilding personal credit
- No Annual Fee, earn cash back, and build your credit with responsible use.
- It's a real credit card. You can build a credit history with the three major credit bureaus. Generally, debit and prepaid cards can't help you build a credit history.
- Establish your credit line by providing a refundable security deposit from $200-$2500 after being approved. Bank information must be provided when submitting your deposit.
- Automatic reviews starting at 8 months to see if we can transition you to an unsecured line of credit and return your deposit.
- 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants on up to $1,000 in combined purchases every quarter, automatically. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Get 100% U.S. based customer service & get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score
- We automatically match all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year.
- Receive Free Social Security number alerts— Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.
- Earns ongoing cash back rewards
- Deposit is refundable
- Free FICO credit scores
- Requires security deposit of at least $200
- No 0% APR period
- High ongoing APR
- FICO® Credit Score: Receive free FICO® scores and monitoring.
- Discover® Identity Alerts: Get free Experian credit report and dark web monitoring.
- Freeze it®: Protect your account by stopping account activity in the event of suspicious card activity or if your card is lost or stolen.
Why we like it: Discover it® Secured is my favorite pick for sole proprietors and contractors with less-than-stellar credit. This personal credit card allows you to build credit and earn rewards. As a bonus, Discover will match all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year. Its credit limit is equal to your cash deposit, but you can apply with as little $200 and much as $2,500.
You can use this card to earn 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants on up to $1,000 in purchases each quarter. Plus, you’ll earn 1% cash back on all other purchases. With the cash back match offer, you’ll earn 4% cash back at gas stations and restaurants and 2% back on all other purchases during your first year. While this isn’t a traditional introductory reward, it can be very lucrative, depending on your annual spending.
Because this card offers free FICO credit scores, you can get updates as you build your personal credit. However, you won’t be able to build business credit because it only reports to the consumer credit bureaus. This card serves as the perfect in-between card for those who aren’t quite ready for a business credit card.
Bento for Business Prepaid Card: Best for Managing Employee Cards With No Credit Check
Bento For Business Visa® Debit Card
Managing employee expenses without a credit check to qualify
- Instant Decision
- No Credit Check Required
- One-click card controls & expense reports
- Get the first two cards for free
- Easily manage employee expenses
- Additional card features and purchase protections
- Large fees for more than two cards
- Deposited funds are required
- Won’t help build business or personal credit
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Use this card to pay for your entire auto rental transaction and get collision coverage for a damaged or stolen rental vehicle, up to the value of the vehicle.
- Purchase protection: Purchases are covered up to 90 days for damage and theft, up to $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
Why we like it: If you’re looking to avoid a credit check altogether, the Bento for Business Prepaid Card should be your go-to. This prepaid business card acts as a business debit card, allowing you to use only the funds you load onto the card yourself. This means you must have cash on hand to fund and use this card, unlike traditional business credit cards.
Bento for Business offers a safe way to monitor employee expenses without exposing your business and personal credit reports to a credit inquiry, which can hurt your credit score up to five points. Even though it’s not a credit card, you’ll still be able to control employee expenses and set card limitations. However, you won’t be able to build your business or personal credit.
How We Evaluated Easy Approval Business Credit Cards
I ranked the easiest business credit cards to get by reviewing both the required credit scores and additional card features. I also considered each card’s costs, including annual fees, ongoing annual percentage rates (APRs), and required security deposits. Rewards were seen as an added benefit, but not heavily weighted. This list includes business credit cards, secured credit cards, and business prepaid debit cards as viable options.
Easy approval credit cards are a great tool to help you build your credit and manage your business expenses. These cards are designed for credit scores below 670 and are instant approval business credit cards—giving an immediate decision. However, the best way to qualify for any card is to review your credit score before you apply. If your scores aren’t high enough, it’s best to skip the application and go for a card within your credit score range instead.