Facebook ad coupons provide free credits that businesses can redeem for use on its social advertising platform. It’s a great way for those new to Facebook advertising to try the platform without a financial investment. Free Facebook ad coupons are not easy to find, but can be acquired through Facebook promotions, events, and partnerships.
Before spending valuable time on a Facebook advertising campaign, make sure your business Facebook page is ready for the increased traffic. Starting at just $5, you can hire a freelancer from Fiverr to analyze and optimize your business Facebook page for maximum engagement. They can even create one for you if haven’t gotten around to doing so yet. Click here to visit Fiverr.
Get a Professional Facebook Page for $5!
Choose from dozens of skilled designers starting at just $5
Where to Find Facebook Advertising Coupons
Facebook ad coupons are very difficult to find, as Facebook stopped widely distributing them in 2015. While they aren’t easy to come by — and many Facebook ad coupon scams exist — it is still possible to acquire Facebook advertising coupons as part of seasonal or one-off promotions, through their affiliate ad (referral) program, on Facebook partner sites, and at Facebook conferences.
Here are the four main ways to get a free Facebook ad coupon in 2019:
- Direct promotional offerings: From time to time, Facebook will release a promotional advertising coupon directly through Facebook Ads Manager. These are only available to those who have existing Facebook ad accounts. They may be sent to the email address linked to the ad account or prominently displayed within the Ads Manager dashboard.
- Facebook affiliate ad program: The affiliate ad program is available to existing Facebook advertisers. It offers these advertisers a $10 ad credit for referring new businesses that sign up to advertise on Facebook. This offer is only available directly from the Facebook Ads Manager account.
- Facebook partnership sites: Facebook has several official partners who offer Facebook advertising discounts if advertisers purchase their/products services. Typically, these are made available to new customers, though occasional seasonal promotions are also available. For example, Wix offers a $50 Facebook ad coupon to those who register for one of its premium plans.
- Facebook events: Facebook hosts many events around the world and they sometimes offer advertising coupons as a thank-you to businesses that attend.
It used to be easy to find Facebook ad coupons, but this is no longer the case. As of 2015, Facebook stopped making ad coupons widely available. Now, to find ad coupons, you must be an existing Facebook advertiser, attend a Facebook event, or get one through an affiliate partner. For more information about how the Facebook ad platform works, read our article on Facebook Ads Manager.
Facebook Ad Coupon Scams to Look Out For in 2019
For years, businesses wanting to use paid Facebook marketing features have been scammed with counterfeit ad coupons offered by businesses unassociated with Facebook. If you see Facebook ad coupons from providers outside of Facebook and its official partners, be cautious. The most common Facebook ad coupon scam involves the sale of coupons to interested advertisers. This is against Facebook’s policies and not legitimate.
Alternatives to Facebook Ad Coupons
Given the scarcity of Facebook ad coupons, it’s worth considering other pay-per-click (PPC) advertising platforms, such as Bing, Google, and Twitter. Advertising coupons for these platforms are typically much easier to find; all three regularly offer them to promote their advertising platforms to businesses.
Here are the three main Facebook coupon alternatives:
Bing Ad Coupons
Bing (powered by Microsoft Advertising) is a Microsoft-owned search platform that powers all searches through its own domain and Yahoo.com. They have ad coupons readily available in varying amounts that can be used on their paid search platforms. In most cases, this takes the form of free ad credit offered after a business spends a certain amount on Bing and Yahoo ads. However, credits can sometimes be offered through partners such as Wix, Bluehost, and Microsoft Azure.
Here are four ways to find Microsoft Advertising coupons:
- Directly through Microsoft Advertising: Get a $100 ad credit when you spend $25 on Bing ads.
- Wix website builder: Users who sign up for a premium Wix account get $100 in ad credit that can be redeemed on Bing after spending $25 on the Microsoft Advertising platform. The ad coupon is available on plans that start at $14/month.
- Bluehost web hosting: Get a $150 credit redeemable on Microsoft Advertising when you sign up for any of its low-cost web hosting plans. Plans start at just $2.95/month and include many extras such as a free domain name, free business email, and a free SSL certificate.
- Microsoft Azure: Every hosting plan with Microsoft Azure comes with a free $200 Microsoft Advertising credit.
Using a Microsoft Advertising coupon for Bing is a great way for new advertisers to try the platform and determine if it is right for their business. It’s very similar to Google, but it generally has a lower cost-per-click and less overall ad competition. This makes it easier to land in the top ad positions — giving your business more visibility for a lower price. Learn more about how to advertise on Bing.
”Advertising on Bing is a no-brainer for most businesses. On average, our partners see a 10-20% boost in traffic and conversion volume from Bing Ads. With user demographics skewing slightly older and more affluent, Bing campaigns often have higher conversion rates and a stronger return on ad spend than their Google counterparts.” — Austin Brown, Partner Success Manager, New Engen
Google Ad Coupons
Google is the most popular search engine in the world, making it an ideal platform for advertising. Google has many ad coupons available, such as promotions for new advertisers and free ad credits for those who sign up for site builders like Wix or web hosts like HostGator.
Here are four ways to get a free Google Ads coupon:
- Directly through Google: The best way to get a Google Ads coupon is directly through Google. It often offers promotional ad coupons to new and existing advertisers. It is currently offering a $100 ad credit when you spend $50 in Google ads. Click here to get Google’s offer.
- Bluehost: Bluehost is a leading web hosting provider. Sign up for any web hosting plan with Bluehost and get a $150 ad credit for Google Ads. For as little as $2.95/month you also get a free domain name, a free SSL certificate, business email, and more. Visit its website and click the “Get Started” button to learn more.
- HostGator: HostGator is another leading web hosting provider. Those who sign up for a hosting plan with HostGator get a free $100 Google Ads credit. Hosting plans start at just $2.75/month.
- Squarespace: Squarespace is an easy-to-use website builder. All premium plans come standard with a free $100 Google Ads credit when you spend $25 or more. This is only for new Google Ads subscribers; it is not valid for those with existing Google Ads accounts.
- Wix: Wix is a web host and website builder that uses a simple drag-and-drop interface — ideal for those with limited technical knowledge. Those who sign up for a premium Wix account (starting at $14/month) automatically get a $100 ad credit that can be redeemed on Google Ads after spending $25 on Google Ads.
Google Ads is the world’s leading paid search platform with over 2 trillion searches conducted on the platform daily. Ads on Google are best for conversion-stage searchers who are ready to make a buying decision; often, they are searching specific keywords to find targeted product or business information. If you’re new to Google Ads, learn how to get started in our guide to advertising on Google.
Twitter Ads Coupons
Twitter is a social media platform, similar to Facebook, with over 320 million monthly users. Twitter ads are fairly new, so to help increase its number of advertisers, it currently offers new users a promotional ad credit as an incentive to get started. Claim your $25 Twitter Ad credit directly from Twitter today by registering your ad account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I redeem a Facebook ad coupon code?
New advertisers can redeem a Facebook ad coupon by adding the coupon code during the payment process following the creation of their first campaign. Existing advertisers can go to “Payment Settings” to input their code. Simply click the “Payment Method” section, then select “Add Payment Method.” Finally, select “Facebook Ad Coupon” and input your coupon code.
How much does advertising on Facebook cost?
Facebook advertising is priced on a cost-per-click (CPC) basis, so advertisers only pay for the clicks their ads receive. The average CPC on Facebook is $1.86, but varies greatly from less than $1 to over $5 per click. Advertisers determine how much money they want to spend on ads per day, with a minimum equal to the cost of two clicks per day. Get more details by reading our article on Facebook Advertising Cost.
Does Facebook have an affiliate program?
Yes. Facebook has an affiliate ads program, which works more like a referral program than an affiliate program. The program offers current advertisers $10 in Facebook ad credit for each friend who signs up for a Facebook Ads account.
What is Facebook’s new user boost?
Instead of creating a whole new ad from Facebook Ads Manager, users can pay to share their post to users outside of their network, called a “boosted” post. This increases the post’s exposure and brand awareness. Boosted posts are generally cheaper than standard Facebook ads, but also have less audience targeting capabilities.
Bottom Line – Facebook Ad Coupon
Finding Facebook ad coupons is not easy, but free credits can occasionally be found during promotions and events, and via third-party partners. If you’re interested in finding more accessible ad coupons, however, consider other paid search and social advertising platforms such as Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising, and Twitter Ads.
Even with ad credits from coupons, businesses struggle to design Facebook ads that deliver the results they want. Don’t waste your time or marketing budget with poor quality ads. Instead, use a professional Facebook ad management service such as Hibu. With no management fees and professional account management, your ad spend will go further. Get started today.
Use Social Media Marketing to Grow Your Business
Hire Hibu to Run Your Facebook Marketing and Generate Leads