Hatchbuck is a CRM software that includes marketing and email automation functions. It enables users to easily reach prospects and customers, nurture them, and generate more sales. We compiled Hatchbuck user reviews from around the web and determined that it has generally positive ratings. We also shared its available pricing options.
Summary of Hatchbuck User Reviews
What Hatchbuck Does Well
Users who recommended Hatchbuck said that it is straightforward and easy to use. They also find particular features very efficient such as contact management, email templates, and lead management. Great customer support was also consistently cited.
What Hatchbuck Does Not Do Well
Users who gave Hatchbuck negative reviews said that the reporting generation and email customization features could be improved.
Most Helpful Positive User Review
Hands down, the support at Hatchbuck is second to none. They always answer my questions promptly (on the rare occasions that I have them) and have helped me to think creatively with how best to use the software. I also love the automation available – the ability to trigger emails, campaigns, tasks, reminders, and deals based on contact actions. The new built-in advanced filtering system is great and makes it easier than ever to segment our database based on location, tags, whether they have an email address or not, and more. We’ve also used the email reporting to our advantage, helping us to get to know our contacts – what they interact with, what they click on, what they do and don’t care about – our database has new life!
– Chelsey Clayton
Most Helpful Negative User Review
A user who left a negative review of Hatchbuck on G2 Crowd said that despite liking the overall performance of the software, she wishes that some features would be refined for better performance such as the quick email sending and report viewing.
Hatchbuck offers four paid subscription plans: Small Biz Plan ($109/month), Team Plan ($219/month), Professional Plan ($329/month), and Enterprise Plan ($439/month). The main differences between the plans are the number of users, contacts, and emails that a user can send per month.
On top of the subscription fees, new users can choose to request for an onboarding package: Quickstart (free) or Quickstart Pro ($299 one-time fee). The main differences between the two onboarding plans are the number of hours of training from a Hatchbuck expert, access to a dedicated consultant, email campaign assistance, and account check-up after six months. However, as of the date is article was written (7/30/2018), the Quickstart Pro package is included in all plans and is free of charge.
Check out the list below for some of Hatchbuck’s features.
- Lead and Pipeline Management and Reporting: enables users to keep track of the various stages of their interaction and level of transaction with their potential clients and customers.
- Contact Management: lets users organize a directory of all their business contacts including their profile and contact information.
- Lead and Deal Scoring: displays the probability to close a deal or level of potential purchase or from a customer/ client.
- Marketing Automation: allows users to perform and automate repetitive tasks related to marketing such as sending email newsletters and managing social media.
- Mass Email: enables users to send email blasts to all or particular users in their directory.
- Email Tracking: notifies a user if an email has been successfully sent, and received and opened by the intended recipient.
- Third-Party Integrations: lets users seamlessly integrate other apps they use such as marketing automation, ecommerce, file management, social media, landing page builder programs, among others.
- Mobile Access: allows users to manage their CRM functions on the go using their smartphones.
Helpful CRM Software Resources
The 6 Best CRM Software for Small Business in 2018 — Read our buyer’s guide for the top six CRM for small businesses. We looked at the most popular options and rising stars that cover the range of options for small businesses in terms of price, features, and integrations.
What is CRM Software? An Introduction for Small Businesses — A CRM software stores contact information, logs conversations, tracks the progress of sales, and helps users manage their daily tasks. We share how Insightly helps business owners streamline and automate their tasks.
Best Free CRM Software — Want to use a CRM, but not willing to invest any resources? Read our guide on the best free CRM for businesses, plus analysis on what features you’ll get with each.
Does Hatchbuck offer a demo?
Yes. Interested users can schedule a live demo with the Hatchbuck team.
What types of payment are accepted?
Users can pay for their subscription via Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Does Hatchbuck offer special pricing?
Yes. Users who sign up for a semi-annual plan can save up to 10% per month. On the other hand, users who sign up for an annual plan can save up to 20% per month.
Hatchbuck Overview Video
This video provides an overall background on what Hatchbuck can do to help users improve their relationship with their customers, help drive their sales, and grow their business.
When choosing a CRM software, it’s important that the software integrates with other applications your business is currently using. Here is a list of some of Hatchbuck’s popular integrations:
- Acuity Scheduling