Marc Waring Ventures, the company behind the small business education website FitSmallBusiness.com, is seeking a human resources expert to join our editorial team to write about hiring, benefits, and training employees.
Founded in 2013, FitSmallbusiness.com is read by over 450,000 small business owners and managers each month. We are a fast growing NYC-based startup, with offices right across the street from Grand Central.
Fit Small Business focuses on companies with under 50 people, where human resource functions may be handled by the business owner, the office manager, the bookkeeper or department heads. In short, we write about human resources for companies that don’t have a full time HR Generalist. Our goal is to have the best HR section written for non-HR professionals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Researching, writing and editing articles related to HR. Topics will include the best practices for hiring / recruiting employees, offering benefits, developing policies, dealing with common HR problems and employee training.
- Analyzing and reviewing HR related software and services.
- Reporting on significant changes in the industry, including regulatory changes.
- Providing in depth responses to reader questions.
If you are looking to make a transition and start an exciting new writing career, this is the position for you.
Qualifications for success:
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in human resources.
- You are comfortable writing detailed reviews of technology products, such as payroll software, and applicant tracking software.
- You are high energy, and passionate about helping small businesses succeed.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where things change quickly.
What we offer you:
- A starting salary between $40K and $60K depending on experience.
- A high quality health plan with $0 employee contribution.
- 401K plan with matching
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work
- The opportunity to work with bright, interesting, enthusiastic colleagues.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.