This article is part of a larger series on POS Systems.
HungerRush is a hybrid POS system that operates as a cloud-based POS on a robust central network. This point-of-sale (POS) system—designed specifically for the food and beverage industry—evolved from the legacy POS Revention that served the pizzeria industry since the 1990s. Revention rebranded as HungerRush in 2020 and switched from a locally installed internal network to a cloud model. Even though the core software is now a cloud POS, the HungerRush system retains many of the legacy Revention POS’s strong functions.
What We Recommend HungerRush For
HungerRush consistently adds features and new hardware. In fact, it recently purchased top-rated online ordering software Menufy to strengthen its online menu offerings. So, the system could go in many directions in the future. Currently, however, the HungerRush POS works best as a robust, cloud-based delivery POS.
In particular, we recommend HungerRush for:
- Pizza delivery restaurants that want a cloud POS: HungerRush’s delivery functions are some of the strongest available in a cloud POS. Though it’s too pricey to make our list of the best delivery POS systems, it’s a great solution for pizzerias that need detailed modifiers and pay-at-the-door functionality.
- High-volume ghost kitchens: If you are running a delivery-only restaurant and need to centralize all your orders in one hub, HungerRush integrates directly with third-party platforms.
When HungerRush Would Not Be a Good Fit
- Restaurants that want a free POS: Costs can add up quickly with this system, so we don’t recommend it for restaurants on a budget. Try Square for Restaurants or see our favorite free POS systems to explore more options.
- Restaurants that want to bring their own hardware: HungerRush operates on proprietary hardware, so if you want a restaurant POS that operates on an iPad, this is not the system for you. Try Lightspeed Restaurant or Revel Systems instead.
- Microrestaurant operations: HungerRush is simply more software than small-footprint food and beverage businesses—like food trucks and cafés—need. Small operations should check out TouchBistro or Square for Restaurants.
Looking for something different? See more options in our listing of the top POS for small businesses.
HungerRush POS Pricing
HungerRush is offered at a custom-quoted price that varies based on the number of terminals you need and what features you want to include. Some users were quoted an upfront price of anywhere from $3,000 to $6,000 for a single venue set up; others received quotes for a monthly subscription rate of $199 for software and hardware. In-person installation and training are an additional fee. Typically, HungerRush contracts require a three-year commitment.
HungerRush does not list pricing on its website, but conversations I’ve had with its representatives suggest that they are eager to work with restaurants that want to use the system. So, pricing can be flexible for small venues, but you’ll need to contact HungerRush directly for a custom quote.
If price is your primary concern, venues on a budget should ask HungerRush if it can match or beat a price you’ve been quoted by a rival POS brand. Just be prepared to back up your claims with a written quote from another POS company.
- Supported by Worldpay: Integration with this major payment gateway supports many payment processors.
- NFC and Mobile Wallet Payments: Apple Pay, Google Wallet, and Samsung Pay are all supported.
- Point-to-Point Encryption: Encryption ensures your customer data is secure, whether they pay in person or online.
- PCI-DSS and EMV Compliant: Compliant payments mean fewer chargeback disputes.
- Gift Cards and House Accounts: Offer gift cards or run a monthly tab for regular customers.
For payment processing, HungerRush integrates directly with the popular payment gateway Worldpay. Working with a significant payment player like Worldpay allows you to accept any type of payment your customers want to use. You can take in-person swiped, dipped, or tapped credit and debit card payments, mobile wallet payments, online payments, and gift cards.
Many competing restaurant POS systems work with Worldpay, too, so if you are switching from a HungerRush competitor, you may be able to keep your processor. Processing rates vary based on your sales volume, business type, and card mix. You’ll get a custom quote along with your overall HungerRush software and hardware quote.
We like to see more than one payment gateway in a POS system, so restaurants can shop for the best rates. We also like to see alternatives to Worldpay. Though it is globally the largest payment gateway, it is not our favorite provider for small or new businesses. You can learn more about this processor by reading our full Worldpay review.
- Stationary Terminals: Traditional terminals with integrated printers and cash drawers are a good fit for high-volume counter service.
- Handheld Tablets: Take orders tableside or bust lines.
- KDS and Digital Menu Display: Dynamic displays reduce your reliance on paper tickets and menus.
- Industry-grade Hardware: Hardware purchased from HungerRush is spill-proof to withstand a busy restaurant environment.
The HungerRush POS operates on industry-grade Windows 10 compatible terminals and tablets. You can purchase these directly from HungerRush at custom-quoted prices, or contact a HungerRush sales representative to see if your existing hardware is compatible. It’s important to note that any hardware purchased from HungerRush will be covered by HungerRush’s service agreement, which guarantees replacement of hardware that breaks or malfunctions. You can choose stationary terminals with printers and cash drawers, opt for handheld tablets with card readers, or use a combination.
There is a major pro and major con to industry-grade hardware. On the plus side, this hardware can withstand harsher use conditions than consumer-grade tablets. Industry-grade terminals tend to be drop-, dust-, and water-resistant. On the other hand, industry-grade hardware is generally more expensive than consumer-grade tools like iPads.
Dynamic digital menu displays allow you to show images of your food and feature promotions. If you have an excellent Yelp rating, you can display positive customer reviews or remind customers to enroll in your loyalty program at checkout. HungerRush also allows you to add GIFs and videos, as well as display a live TV feed or time and weather widgets.
The integrated KDS displays in-house, online, and delivery orders. You can set prep times for individual dishes so that they appear on KDS screens at the right time to ensure all dishes on an order are hot and ready simultaneously. If consistency is an issue in your kitchen, you can set the KDS to display recipe information for dishes so that the line never slows down.
HungerRush POS Features
HungerRush is a robust restaurant POS, though it doesn’t offer tools that are wildly beyond its competitors’ scope. You’ll find a similar level of functionality from a system like Toast, a brand that also offers industry-grade POS hardware but with transparent pricing. However, HungerRush includes more features—like employee scheduling—in its baseline POS subscription. So, if you’re looking for an all-in-one POS software bundle, HungerRush has you covered.
In addition to the reporting and analytics, digital ordering, delivery management, marketing, and loyalty tools that we’ll explore in individual sections, HungerRush’s POS also features:
- Inventory Management: Included ingredient-level inventory comes with vendor management and counting tools. You can customize which items you want your staff to physically count every day, week, or month. Related inventory reports give you deep insight into your food costs and waste percentages.
- Multilocation Features: A centralized back-office hub displays information from all your locations in one place. You can transfer inventory from one location to another and run reports by location or aggregate to assess your entire group’s overall sales and costs. Compare location performance side-by-side or individually to identify areas to improve. Save application forms, manuals, and other PDF documents in the cloud so all locations can access them.
- Workforce Management: The Employee Scheduling module allows you to create and manage employee schedules, while the schedule builder shows past sales and labor data to help you create a cost-effective schedule. You can also control costs by preventing employees from clocking in early for scheduled shifts and syncing with HotSchedules to allow employees to trade shifts and keep scheduling communications in a central location. Moreover, Scheduled-versus-Actual hourly reports show you who is sticking to the schedule and who continuously needs coverage.
- Customer Management: HungerRush lets you own the customer experience by retaining your customer data. The system collects a robust amount of information, from contact information to order history and multiple delivery locations with detailed notes. It also includes features for tracking house account payments. So, if you want to set up a running tab for one of your regulars or a nearby business that pays for employee lunches, you can do this easily.
- Centralized: Access reports from anywhere with HungerRush’s mobile back-office HUB.
- Customizable: Set custom parameters to view key performance metrics by day, week, month, or other timeframes.
- Robust Templates: Templated reports track everything from driver efficiency to speed of service.
- Exportable: Export reports in Excel, CSV, or Word files.
With HungerRush, you can get as granular as you like with your reports. Drill down to see a record of every cash transaction that passed through a single till or analyze voids and comps. Customize report views by day, week, month, or multiple month views. Track your most popular coupons and promotions to see which ones are impacting your bottom line. Compare how long your drivers spend on the road to a computer estimate of how long they should have been. Save and email reports in your preferred format; .xlxs, .csv, or .docx.
In addition to the customizable reports, HungerRush hosts various templated reports, like the Daily Performance Report, which compiles daily sales, payment, labor, and order statistics in a single page. Real-time productivity reports track your kitchen team, front-of-house staff, and drivers’ efficiency, so you can make sales and staffing decisions on time to impact your profits. Reports are gathered in the reporting HUB, which you can access anytime through the cloud.
Digital Ordering & Delivery
- Website or App: Customize your in-house ordering strategy by offering a branded website or mobile app.
- Driver Management: Built-in tools help you schedule drivers, assign orders, and track their productivity.
- Kitchen-Optimized: Group delivery orders together in your KDS and use prep timers to ensure items are ready at the same time.
- Detailed Reporting: Track driver productivity, kitchen prep time, order ring time, and out-the-door time.
- Third-Party Integration: HungerRush integrates with ItsaCheckmate to feed third-party orders directly into your POS.
- Text ordering: Allow ordering and payment processing via text.
HungerRush’s online ordering system supports incredibly detailed orders. Your customers can build their own pizzas, sandwiches, or combos with easy-to-use buttons. You can choose to place your online menu on a branded, mobile-optimized website or a mobile app, as well as offer options for pick-up, delivery, curbside pick-up, or no-contact delivery. Customer information—like phone number, email address, and delivery addresses—are automatically logged in your POS.
This system also includes tools for text ordering—which HungerRush calls OrderAI—and integrated ordering apps. Just as with in-house and online orders, your ordering app or text ordering tools can accept complex orders and process payments.
HungerRush’s driver dispatch screen is easy to navigate. It includes all the functions you might need—assign, reassign, map order, and more—right on the main screen, so you can assign and map multiple orders with a few taps. The dispatch system integrates with Google Maps to provide turn-by-turn directions and estimate the amount of time a delivery should take. Drivers’ trip routes are color-coded, so you can track their location and know when they will be ready to accept new orders.
Marketing & Loyalty
- Auto-enroll: Set up your system to enroll new customers automatically.
- Lookup Options: Look up loyalty customers by email or phone number.
- Detailed Records: Log customer order preferences, cross streets, delivery addresses, and payment information.
- Auto-messaging: Use built-in templates to send automated emails when customers earn points.
- Customized Promotions: Create coupons and promotions that apply to certain dates and times, specific customer groups, or special events.
HungerRush has incredibly robust tools for marketing and loyalty. The system supports traditional points-based loyalty that awards one point per dollar spent. You can customize how many points are required to earn specific rewards or offer a simple dollar amount or percentage discount. You can choose to create a rewards profile for new customers automatically or prompt your staff to enroll customers at checkout. Loyalty customers are tracked by phone number or email address; you don’t need to hand out cards.
Many delivery-heavy restaurants build their customer base by offering promotions and combo deals. HungerRush allows you to create dozens of customized promotions directly in the POS. You can set specific dates and times that promotions apply or tie the promotion to a coupon or promo code to track how your customers found you. You can offer dollar discounts connected to specific orders, as in “$5 off an order of two or more large pizzas.” Alternatively, you can offer a deal for one particular item, like “Free Brownie on Your Birthday.”
HungerRush Ease of Use
- US-based Customer Support: Live support is available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Multiple Locations: Offices in Austin, Chicago, Seattle, and Indianapolis offer local, in-person contact for customers in surrounding areas.
- Online Resources: Comprehensive online database lets you troubleshoot issues on your own, any time.
- Socially Active: HungerRush representatives are active on Facebook and Instagram.
- On-site Training: You can book a HungerRush representative to train your team at your location for a fee.
- Upcoming Innovations: HungerRush is expected to roll out text-to-order or voice ordering tools soon.
HungerRush’s cloud-accessibility makes this POS more user-friendly than a purely locally installed POS system. We especially like the communications hub for multilocation restaurants that allows you to store PDF documents—like training manuals—in the cloud for easy access.
Some HungerRush users say the POS interface is dated. While the screens can be a little busy—with lots of buttons and options to choose from—keeping all the navigation on a single screen typically improves your service speed. Many HungerRush users mention that the POS function is very easy to use. Insightful features like Order Lookup—which allows you to search the POS to find an order by check number, table number, or customer phone number—make this system an especially good fit for high-volume spots.
The back-office tools, however, do take some time to learn. Menu configuration and reports require you to fill out detailed screens with prompts that are not always easy to follow. HungerRush is massively functional and highly customizable, but that customizability requires a lot of administrative attention.
And, if you need support, they are not available 24/7. Support lines are staffed during standard weekday business hours. Depending on your subscription model, there may be an hourly fee (from $160 to $295) for accessing live customer support.
Functionally, HungerRush is closest to competitor Speedline. The order screens on both systems show ingredient information and relevant promotions at the push of a button. Both also support dynamic, map-based driver management. Though both Speedline and HungerRush will be more machine than small restaurants—even pizzerias—need. For an all-in-one POS at a friendlier price-point, you’ll be happier with Toast.
Best for: Growing restaurants that want an all-in-one POS with optional delivery management tools
Best for: Busy pizzerias that want an iPad POS
Best for: Small to midsize restaurants that want a free to low-cost POS
Pricing: From $0 to $165+ per month
Pricing: From $99 per month
Pricing: From $0 to $60+ per month
What Users Think of HungerRush POS
HungerRush evolved from the legacy POS Revention in 2020. So, many online HungerRush reviews refer to the older system. User reviews are split; some love the system, while others have struggled with software glitches and unsupportive service representatives.
- Capterra: HungerRush earns a rating of 3.6 out of 5 based on 30+ user reviews.
- G2: 4.7 out of 5 based on 20+ user reviews.
HungerRush’s development as a cloud POS coincided with the COVID-19 pandemic, when many POS brands reduced their support staff. So, you’ll see a definite pattern in the user reviews; Revention users rated the system well, but ratings dropped just after the HungerRush rebrand.
Negative HungerRush reviews highlight payments glitches and unhelpful customer service reps. Several reviews from 2020 (when Revention rebranded) also mention that the system was not yet capable of performing tasks that the sales team had promised. Most HungerRush reviews from 2021 onward, however, rate the system favorably.
Users Don’t Like
Easy to navigate display and back office
Customer service is hard to reach
Great reporting functions
Card readers can be glitchy
Robust digital ordering and delivery management tools
User interface looks dated
As an evolution of the long-running locally installed Revention system, HungerRush combines the power of a legacy restaurant POS with the flexibility of a cloud POS. With recent tech acquisitions, it is clear that it is looking toward the future. Its built-in solutions for customer relationship management, digital ordering, delivery management, and marketing create an incredibly robust all-in-one system. To see if this system is a fit for your restaurant, contact HungerRush for a demo.