Jetpack Workflow is a cloud-based client and workflow management tool designed for accounting firms to provide one central place to see all of your deadlines, communicate with your team, mark updates within jobs, and easily track progress. These features help you to become more efficient with notifications, tracking, and automation. In addition, its low subscription fee makes it an attractive option for accounting firms working with budget constraints.
What We Recommend Jetpack Workflow For
We selected Jetpack Workflow as the best accounting practice management software for small accounting firms because of its combination of rich features and low price. It helps firms to track, standardize, and automate their processes so that each team member can be more productive with a greater ability to complete more work in less time.
Jetpack Workflow Is Especially Good For
- Firms seeking strong project management features: Jetpack Workflow allows you to automate recurring processes by creating templates and monitor your team’s progress.
- Firms using QuickBooks Online: Jetpack Workflow integrates with QuickBooks Online for billing and payroll while offering more project management features than QuickBooks Online alone.
- Small firms seeking an affordable practice management solution: The monthly fee for Jetpack Workflow starts at $45 per user, per month, making it an attractive option for smaller firms with a limited number of users.
Jetpack Workflow Is Not a Good Fit For
- Firms seeking software with customer relationship management (CRM) features: If you’re looking for accounting practice management software that excels with CRM, check out TaxWorkFlow, which offers special features such as the ability to create email marketing campaigns.
- Firms seeking the ability to invoice clients: For a software package that has time tracking and billing built-in, check out OfficeTools WorkSpace. We recommend it as the best overall accounting practice management software.
- Firms with clients using Xero: If any of your clients are using Xero, the best option is Xero Practice Manager, which provides a portal to your clients’ books.
Jetpack Workflow Pros and Cons
|Integrates with QuickBooks Online, Google Workspace, and more than 3,000 apps with Zapier||Reports are not customizable|
|Unlimited jobs, documents, and clients||No CRM features available|
|Affordable and transparent pricing structure||Not able to update templates for assigned jobs|
|Strong project management features||Cannot create invoices for time billed without an integration|
|Task dependencies show what must be done before a given task and what must be done after the task is complete||No mobile app|
Jetpack Workflow Pricing
Jetpack Workflow offers two plans, which are described below:
- Organize: $45 per user per month, which includes unlimited jobs, documents, and clients. It also comes with team collaboration and management tools, QuickBooks Online and Zapier integration, and live chat, phone, and email support.
- Scale: $50 per user, per month, which includes all Organize features plus capacity management and team scheduling management.
A 14-day free trial is also available with no credit card required. The trial gives you access to all features and support during that time.
Jetpack Workflow Features
While project management is one of its strong points, Jetpack Workflow has additional features that make it an ideal choice for accounting firms. These include automation like the ability to create templates and repeat scheduling.
A template is a standardized procedure that is meant to be used repeatedly to create projects across clients. You can apply job templates easily, complete with tasks, to one or multiple clients. Use the Template Builder or access one of the 70 ready-to-use templates available. This will help to ensure that each step in the process is completed.
A popular feature in Jetpack Workflow is the label maker, which allows you to create up to 100 different labels with custom colors to use on jobs your team works on every day. Everyone associated with the job will see the label, and each account is allotted up to seven labels. An example is Missing Information, which helps you identify any jobs that have this label quickly. Labels do not recur with jobs and you cannot apply mass labels:
A Repeat Scheduler allows you to manage recurring clients and tasks, allowing you to duplicate the same job across multiple clients. This helps to reduce the possibility of missed deadlines:
While it doesn’t have a mobile app, Jetpack Workflow’s integration with Zapier gives you access to more than 2,000 third-party apps. One of its most popular integrations is with QuickBooks Online, which we selected as the best accounting software for small businesses.
Available with the Scale subscription, Plan allows you to view what your team is working on, determine whether they are on track to complete their work that week, and plan ahead for upcoming projects. You can adjust team workload and gain more transparency on workflow. You’ll also be able to schedule, reassign or defer tasks in one view as well as view all of your budgeted time on tasks:
All processes in the workflow, as well as each employee, can be tracked in real-time. You can message your team within the software and keep all of your notes in one place. This ensures that all of your employees can stay on task. JetPack WorkFlow sends users email digests in the morning and evening automatically, with details of which tasks are due or overdue that day, and what work has been completed.
Although reporting is quite basic with Jetpack Workflow, there are a couple of reports available: Progress, Done, and Timesheets. The Progress report allows you to view the status of jobs and tasks during a given time period, categorizing them as complete or incomplete. The Done report shows assigned and completed jobs and tasks for each client, along with budgeted and logged time. The Timesheets report is a summary of each team member’s time billed to date:
Jetpack Workflow Customer Service
Jetpack Workflow states on its website that the best way to get in touch is via live chat, which you can access by clicking on the bubble in the lower right-hand corner of the application. Typically, you will receive a response within the hour during their hours of operation, which are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time. You can also email or call the toll-free number for customer support. If no one is available, and you have to leave a message, you should hear back from someone within 24 hours.
There is also a searchable knowledge base that provides articles, videos, and webinars. You even have the option to attend Jetpack Workflow university for free, which is comprised of seven courses that include videos and quizzes and provide a certificate upon completion.
Jetpack Workflow Ease of Use
The user interface for Jetpack Workflow is simple and uncluttered, making navigation feel very intuitive. The dashboard is one example of this—information is easily accessible and the addition of color-coded labels allow you to drill down to different status levels for each client:
- Dashboard: The top navigation bar has four tabs: Dashboard, Jobs, Calendar, and Manage, which apply to the different aspects of your practice.
- Jobs: Below the navigation bar are two drop-down menus that allow you to select between Jobs and Tasks. You can also filter the data by individual team members or all who were assigned to it. The Jobs screen is shown above, with job status listed as overdue, due today, this week, and next week.
- Labels: Labels are color-coded. You have the option of creating your own labels or using default labels. For example, you can mark a job as missing info or ready for work.
- Status: This section shows the number of jobs that are pending, in progress, or that need review.
- Recently completed jobs: This section provides a digital record of information related to jobs that were recently completed for easy access.
Jetpack Workflow Alternatives
Best for: Firms seeking strong CRM functionality
Best for: Firms seeking time tracking and billing features
Best for: Firms with clients using Xero
Cost: Flat annual fee of $1,500
Cost: Free for silver, gold, or platinum partners and new or bronze partners pay $149 per month after a 14-day free trial
Jetpack Workflow provides almost everything a firm would need to stay organized and collaborate with its team, and it’s all packaged in easy-to-use software. Its strong feature set includes the ability to create templates and apply them to jobs, enhanced team collaboration, and basic reports that summarize work in progress, completed work, and employee timesheets. Jetpack Workflow is an ideal solution if you’re looking for affordable software with powerful project management capabilities.