This article is part of a larger series on Hiring.
MightyRecruiter, an end-to-end recruitment software, lets you post unlimited job ads to its network of job board sites for free. Aside from that and applicant tracking tools, its features include candidate ranking, referrals management, reporting and analytics, a searchable resume database, and a branded career website—all at no cost.
What We Recommend MightyRecruiter For
MightyRecruiter’s robust applicant tracking features earned it a spot in our guide on the best free applicant tracking systems (ATSs). Users find its platform intuitive and very easy to use, but it got low ratings in its reporting features since it’s not highly customizable.
In short, we recommend MightyRecruiter for:
- Staffing agencies hiring for multiple companies: The provider’s platform has a “manage companies” functionality that lets you set up a company account for each client. So, when you’re creating and posting jobs, you select the account that you want the listings to appear in and apply the appropriate branding.
- Fast-growing firms that need to hire for several positions at a time: If you are planning to fill critical positions as you expand your operation to new markets, MightyRecruiter’s JobPromote feature lets you promote your jobs via its advertising partners such as CareerBuilder, LinkedIn, and Dice. This helps you get the most qualified candidates in highly competitive job markets or locations.
- Federal contractors and subcontractors that need labor law compliance solutions: You can stay compliant with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) using MightyRecruiter’s reporting features. In case of an audit, you can capture EEO data (ethnicity, gender, and disability) using the candidates’ profiles. You can also use its “OFCCP Compliance” mode to track your searches and download a report in Excel or CSV format.
When MightyRecruiter Would Not Be a Good Fit
- If you need many talent acquisition features, then SmartRecruiters is a great alternative. Aside from multiboard job posting, you can take advantage of features that MightyRecruiter doesn’t offer such as pre-integrated assessments, workflow management, multiple candidate screening and interview scheduling, offer management, onboarding, and post-to-hire metrics. Also, it has a SmartGlobal tool, which comes with multilanguage customer support that can help you search for candidates around the globe.
Are you looking for something different?
Read our guide to the best recruiting software for small businesses to find one that fits your needs.
MightyRecruiter Alternatives At-a-Glance
Growing businesses requiring a scalable end-to-end talent acquisition platform
Firms with 50 or fewer employees
Small businesses with up to 20 hourly workers
Monthly Fees From
$0; Custom pricing
$0 to $19.95 per location
$0 to $99.95 per location
All MightyRecruiter services are free. Each account includes full access to its job posting and applicant tracking tools and unlimited resume searches, users, and open jobs.
MightyRecruiter is designed to help streamline your talent sourcing processes. It allows you to post on multiple job boards, design your own career page, and use over 200 job description templates that fit your posting requirements. With over 22 million resumes in its database, it helps you find the best candidate with its machine learning algorithm—all for free. Let’s take a look at some of its essential features.
MightyRecruiter enables you to create your own custom branded career site even if you don’t have any coding experience. Aside from listing all available jobs, you can add your company logo, upload custom images, and add videos to attract more candidates and find your next best employees. If you are a recruiter handling multiple companies―as in the case of a staffing firm―you can create a career site for each company at no extra cost. However, if your business has an existing career webpage, then you can add MightyRecruiter’s widget code onto the part of your site where you want your open job ads to appear.
Like other recruiting platforms such as SmartRecruiters and Freshteam, you can post job listings with just one click to around 30 job boards, such as CareerBuilder, Careerjet, Glassdoor, LiveCareer, Nexxt, Recruit.net, Snagajob, and ZipRecruiter. You can also share job ads on social media like LinkedIn and Facebook and create job posting schedules to automate your social recruiting activities. Also, the platform includes a library of more than 200 job descriptions (twice as many as Freshteam) that you can customize to fit your job posting needs.
You are granted access to a searchable resume database with more than 22 million candidate profiles, which pales in comparison to Indeed’s 200 million. But for a completely free option, MightyRecruiter is still a good choice since other providers like ZipRecruiter require a paid subscription to access its resume bank. You can also filter your resume search by:
- The candidate’s commute distance in miles, using its ZIP code
- The resume’s last activity, such as when it was added to the database and edited
- The candidate’s total work experience in years
- The companies the candidates worked in
- The minimum education level required for the job
MightyRecruiter utilizes machine learning algorithms to find applicants who best match your hiring requirements. It has a “Sort by Relevance” feature that ranks candidates who fit your search parameters automatically such as job title, years of work experience, and education. It also has action buttons that allow you to either “Add Candidate to Job” listings or “Invite to Apply” qualified applicants. Moreover, it allows you to export a candidate’s resume to Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Like ZipRecruiter and LinkedIn, MightyRecruiter lets you create your own or reuse preexisting screening questions from its Question Library to eliminate applicants who fail to meet predetermined requirements such as location or age requirements and certifications and essential skills.
MightyRecruiter allows you to view all your candidates in one place. You can also auto-rank each talent by relevance to the job, record their statuses, and star-rate them. Moreover, you can forward a resume to your hiring team and add the candidate to a job that fits them better.
If you want to reach out to certain talent, you can create email drip campaigns to invite qualified candidates to apply. You can send up to five emails per campaign, wherein each can be prescheduled for release over a period of your choice. Unlike some other ATSs (like Breezy HR), MightyRecruiter only works with email for communication.
MightyRecruiter lets you track employee referrals with its “Create a Referral E-Mail Request” option, similar to JobScore. You can customize the email, add a trackable URL to the job postings, and then send it to your staff. This enables you to monitor which candidate was referred by an employee, the application submission method, and the date of referral.
You can see how your job postings are doing through generated reports that show the numbers of views, applications, and conversions. You can also see which candidate sourcing channels are working for you, track job advertising costs, and monitor EEO and OFCCP compliance through MightyRecruiter’s prebuilt reports.
Like Recruitee, MightyRecruiter has this free-to-download Google Chrome extension that lets you source talents and add candidate profiles to your MightyRecruiter account without having to open its platform. You can also send email messages directly from the extension to invite qualified candidates to apply.
MightyRecruiter Ease of Use
- Intuitive interface
- User-friendly controls
- Knowledge base with extensive how-to guides like e-books, case studies, infographics, and webinars
- Dedicated account manager for all users
Overall, MightyRecruiter has a straightforward interface with user-friendly controls. It made postings jobs, screening, rating, tracking, and communicating with candidates a lot easier. In addition, it has a rich resource center that includes case studies, e-books, and webinars. All users have access to a dedicated account manager in case they need assistance.
However, it offers phone support only on weekdays: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central time. So, if you ever need support on weekends, you have to send a request through email.
If you’re unsure MightyRecruiter is right for you, see how it compares with our other applicant tracking software.
What Users Think About MightyRecruiter
Users Don’t Like
Job posting approvals take 24 to 48 hours
Unresponsive customer support
Free to use with robust ATS
Limited free job boards
There are very few up-to-date MightyRecruiter reviews online as of this writing. Those who left positive feedback said that it makes posting jobs easy and has straightforward candidate communication tools, ultimately making it easier to hire employees. Some also appreciate that it is free yet has robust applicant tracking features. Meanwhile, users complained that sometimes its support team responds late and job posting approval takes 24 to 48 hours.
At the time of publication, MightyRecruiter earned the following scores on popular user review sites:
If you’re looking for applicant tracking software with a candidate matching and ranking system and one that is EEO- and OFCCP-compliant, then MightyRecruiter is a good choice. It lets you post and promote your jobs to leading job sites; search more than 22 million resumes; screen, rate, track, rank, and communicate with candidates; and manage employee referrals. You can even get in touch with a dedicated account manager at no extra cost.
If you want to learn more about its functionalities, sign up for MightyRecruiter.