NetSuite is a CRM solution that enables users to perform marketing automation, lead management and customer support functions. It also provides functionalities such as sales forecasting and order management. We compiled NetSuite reviews from around the web and found that it has generally mixed ratings. We also shared the subscription prices points of the platform.
- Summary of Reviews
- Useful Resources
- Overview Video
- Popular Integrations
- Top Alternatives
- User Reviews
Summary of NetSuite CRM User Reviews
What NetSuite does well:
Users who like NetSuite said that they like the platform’s customizability. They also said that they appreciate the regular system upgrades and find its cloud-based nature very convenient.
What NetSuite does not do well:
Users who gave NetSuite negative reviews said that the platform doesn’t integrate well with a lot of third-party apps. They also said that the platform isn’t very intuitive to use.
Most Helpful Positive User Review:
“I find the things that are done very well out of the box is the ability to customise the software quite extensively to suit your business needs and business workflows.”
– Karl Roberson
Most Helpful Negative User Review:
“Interface over all is difficult to navigate and not very aesthetically pleasing. The search functionality is extremely disappointing. We’ve also experienced a lot of difficulty connecting this platform to our marketing automation software.”
NetSuite’s CRM subscription options start at $99 for the NetSuite CRM+ Plan and $129 for the General CRM+ Plan. The main difference between the plans is the General CRM+ Plan’s function that assigns CRM roles to users with general access to the app.
NetSuite CRM Features
Check out the list below of NetSuite’s features.
- Sales Forecasting: Lets the user predict sales growth within an identified timeframe based on their average business performance.
- Lead management: Enables users to keep track of the various stages of their interaction and level of transaction with their potential clients and customers.
- Marketing Automation: Allows users to perform and automate repetitive tasks related to marketing such as sending email newsletters, capturing lead contacts, and managing social media pages.
- Mobile App Access: Allows users to manage their CRM functions on the go using their smartphones.
- Third Party Integrations: Lets users seamlessly integrate other apps they use such as marketing automation, ecommerce, file management, social media and landing site builder programs, among others
Useful NetSuite CRM Resources
What is CRM Software? — In this guide we answer questions surrounding CRM software, such as what it does, who needs it, how a CRM works, and how/if it can help your small business.
Best Small Business CRM Software — Read our buyer’s guide for a comparison of the top three CRM for small businesses. We compare Insightly vs. Zoho vs. Salesforce to give you an idea of which CRM will work best for your business needs.
15 Ways to Improve Sales Performance — Sales performance is simply how efficient and effective your sales team is at generating sales revenue. In this guide, we included why it is important to use your small business sales CRM properly.
Best Free CRM Software — Want to use a CRM, but not willing to invest any resources? Read our guide on the best free CRM for businesses, plus analysis on what features you’ll get with each.
NetSuite CRM Overview Video
This video serves as a user starter guide and explains basic navigation of the program including NetSuite’s home dashboard, centers, tabs, menus, and dashboard portlets.
When choosing a CRM, it’s important that the software integrates with other applications your business is currently using. Here is a list of some of NetSuite’s popular integrations.