This article is part of a larger series on How to Become a Real Estate Agent.
Nevadans wishing to get started in the real estate industry have to complete coursework and pass an exam before they can earn their license. Ongoing education is then required to maintain or upgrade it. Luckily, all this can be completed easily with Nevada Real Estate Division-approved (NRED) online real estate schools. We’ve created a list of the top real estate providers in the Silver State based on pricing, course features, and customer ratings to find the best fit for you.
If you are planning to acquire or renew your real estate license on or after October 1, 2021, Nevada will require 120 hours of prelicensing education and 36 hours of continuing education. If you don’t complete the hours and licensing requirements prior to October 1, 2021, or you will be subject to the new requirements.
- Key Realty School: Best for aspiring or experienced agents seeking licensing education for every stage of their real estate career
- Colibri Real Estate: Best for bundled initial licensing packages for future agents looking to start in the real estate industry
- Kaplan: Best for individuals who learn best through video courses
- The CE Shop: Best customizable self-paced continuing education for agents seeking license renewal
- Century 21 Americana Real Estate School: Best for future real estate agents looking for a provider with high-quality customer reviews
- Real Estate School of Nevada: Best course format combination options for experienced agents looking to renew or upgrade their license
Education Provided & Starting Price
Broker licensing: $150
Exam Prep: $40
Phone and email
Exam Prep: $99
Phone, email, and live chat
Exam Prep: $79
Phone, email, and live chat
Exam Prep: $69
Phone, email, and live chat
Phone, email, and live chat
Broker licensing: $199
Exam Prep: $49
Phone, email, and live chat
Things you need to know before enrolling for your Nevada real estate license education: Along with education requirements, there are additional steps to completing your real estate licensure. Check out our Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a Real Estate Agent in Nevada to help you get started.
Key Realty School: Best Overall Real Estate Education Provider
Key Realty School is the best overall school for high-quality real estate education. Not only does it offer a range of licensing education for new and experienced agents, but it also has livestream, home study, and in-person formats so you can tailor your learning to fit your needs.
A unique add-on is its practical training seminars, which run several times a month for free. They cover topics such as comparative market analysis (CMA) and the MLS, listings presentations, and new home tours.
Customers raved about the friendliness of the teachers and staff, which helped them pass their exam on the first try. Others mentioned that a few of the online video recordings were outdated or uploaded in the wrong order. If this is a deal-breaker for you, other schools with OnDemand video content to consider are Colibri Real Estate and Kaplan.
Key Realty School has simple package options for each of its courses, allowing you to add test prep to your education.
Prelicensing: Starting at $149
All course formats include 90 hours of prelicensing education.
- The Basic Package: $149 includes online access to course workbooks, audio files, practice testing, recorded video sessions, real estate glossary, digital flashcards, and over 200 test questions and answers (Q&As).
- The Works Package: $199 includes above plus the test prep seminar.
- The Basic Package: $249 includes online versions of audio files, practice testing, course study, recorded video sessions, flashcards, and glossary. Hardcopy versions of state and national workbooks and guide textbooks and over 2000 test Q&As.
- The Works Package: $295 includes above plus the test prep seminar.
- The Basic Package: $389 includes the option to select delivery method per topic (delivery of curriculum through physical classroom or livestream video), instructor assistance, workbooks, and reference materials, over 2,000 test Q&As, audio files, online review, practice testing, glossary, recorded video sessions, and flashcards.
- The Works Package: $400 includes above plus a one-day test prep seminar.
- The Deluxe Package: $499 includes above plus an exam prep software guide.
Broker Prelicensing: Starting at $150
- Courses are offered individually or in bulk via home study at the following prices: 3 credits for $150, 9 credits for $360, 12 credits for $450, 15 credits for $450, 18 credits for $499, 21 credits for $539, 24 credits for $599, and 27 credits for $639.
Continued Education: Starting at $30
- Courses can be purchased individually or as combo packs, ranging from $30 to $198.
Exam Prep: Starting at $40
- Test prep can cover the national or state portion or both via home study, live, or online from $40 to $150.
Colibri Real Estate: Best Bundled Prelicensing Packages
As a national online real estate provider, Colibri Real Estate offers bundled real estate packages that ensure your Nevada initial licensing requirements are met. The packages give you the option to decide how much guidance you’ll need to complete your education. It has instructor support, exam prep, Q&A webinars with instructors and students, and a 90-day boot camp for those who require extra support.
Reviews of Colibri Real Estate stated that customers loved the flashcards and felt they retained the material well. On the other hand, there were complaints made about the lack of customer service, so if you’re looking for top-rated customer service, try Century 21 Americana Real Estate School.
Although the pricing may appear complicated, Colibri Real Estate differs from the other schools as it gives you not only a choice of packages, but also a choice of individualized courses to choose from.
Prelicensing: Starting at $299
All packages include 90 prelicensing hours, three e-books, and instructor support.
- “The Basics” package: $299
- “Exam Preparation” package: $358 includes above plus “Pass or Don’t Pay Guarantee” and exam prep
- “Exam Preparation Plus” package: $425 includes above plus dictionary and instructor Q&A
- “Ultimate Learning” package: $514 includes above plus printed textbook and one-year professional development membership
Continued Education: Starting at $29.95*
- CE PLUS membership $116 includes 24/7 access, all CE courses for Nevada, OnDemand library, over 100 job aids, and an education specialist
- 12-hour required credits packages for $89.95
- Classes can be purchased individually from $29.95 to $99
*Offered through its partner company, McKissock Learning
Exam Prep for $99
Pro tip: Start your real estate education today with a special offer for our readers from Colibri Real Estate. Use promo code FSB25 for 25% off your purchase.
Kaplan: Best for OnDemand Video Courses
For those who enjoy learning through video, Kaplan is the choice for you because all of its Nevada licensing courses include an OnDemand option. Although the prices are higher compared to its competitors, Kaplan includes the agent resource center with articles for new and experienced agents—ranging from “How to Get Started in Real Estate” to “5 Effective Real Estate Agent Closing Techniques.” Also, if you prefer a more hands-off learning experience, you can take the home study courses instead.
Lots of reviewers raved about Kaplan’s OnDemand video courses and recommended the printed documents in conjunction with the videos to take full advantage of the interactive experience. A few reviews mentioned difficulty connecting to customer service and did not like the website interface. For an easy-to-navigate website, take a look at Key Realty School or The CE Shop website.
Kaplan’s pricing model is unique as it allows for a certain amount of customization to an individual’s learning needs, but in a less complicated manner than its competitors.
Prelicensing: Starting at $279
- Tier 1: $349 Premium package includes 90 prelicensing hours plus exam prep and interactive study group
- Tier 2: $649 Career launcher package includes above plus live intensive online course
Home Study (both include online course final exams and instructor materials)
- Tier 1: $279 PDF package includes PDF of course materials
- Tier 2: $299 Textbook package includes a hard copy of course materials
Post-licensing & Continued Education: Starting at $29
- Prices range from $29 to $89 based on credit hours
- Classes available in OnDemand, home study, and online formats
Exam Prep: Starting at $79
- Salesperson or broker exam packages range from $79 to $109. You can customize your package for the national or state portion, or a combination of both
The CE Shop: Most Customizable Online Continuing Education
Renewing your real estate license in Nevada is a bit tricky because half of the course hours must be completed online, while the other half has to be in person or livestream. The CE Shop has got you covered for the online portion of your continuing education requirements. It offers packages as well as the option to customize your classes individually, focusing on your particular real estate interests. Even though it doesn’t offer a livestream class, the interactive classes give it an in-person feel.
Several users were disappointed with customer support and stated that the course extension did not save their progress. However, most were extremely happy with their purchase and cited the ease and engaging content was integral in renewing their license. If you’re looking for extra support, check out Key Realty School or the Real Estate School of Nevada.
Prelicensing: Starting at $299
All prelicensing packages include the 90 required hours (or 120 hours for those starting their license after October 1, 2021) as well as business e-books, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, real estate glossary, study schedules, and instructor-led webinars. Other add-ons from packages are:
- Courses Only package: $299 (includes only above items)
- Standard package: $359 includes exam prep and pass guarantee
- Value package: $399 includes above and “building business course”
- Premium package: $455 includes above and 12-hour continuing education courses
Continued Education: Starting at $29
- Full 12-hour (or 18 hours after October 1, 2021) packages can be purchased for $89 or $135
- Individual courses can be purchased from $29 to $59 based on credit hours
Exam Prep: Starting at $69
- Salesperson or broker exam packages range from $69 to $119. You can customize your package for the national or state portion, or a combination of both.
Century 21 Americana Real Estate School: Highest-rated Provider
Even though Century 21 Americana Real Estate School only offers prelicensing courses, it provides a unique format delivery that stands out from its competitors. Forty-five of the 90 hours are given through self-paced study and the remainder is live virtual or live in-person classes. This is the perfect combination for individuals who want flexibility but also require more interaction in their education.
In addition, after completing your courses, you are entitled to attend any class again for free within a year of registration, which is a great way to brush up on content prior to your exam.
With a perfect 5 out of 5-star rating, Century 21 Americana Real Estate School is commended by students for the informative teachers, comprehensive curriculum, and speed at which they could complete the courses. That said, if you are looking for highly rated and fully self-paced programs or courses other than initial licensing, Nevada Real Estate School or Kaplan are good options.
Unlike its competitors, Century 21 Americana Real Estate School only offers a flat rate for its prelicensing course, which costs $395.
Real Estate School of Nevada: Best for Course Format Combinations
For a local provider, the Real Estate School of Nevada provides several benefits that rival the national providers. Since continuing education requires half of the hours to be completed “live” (in-person or with a direct view of the instructor for the duration of the class), the Real Estate School of Nevada allows the option of splitting the hours between online and live classroom instruction via Zoom. This arrangement allows students to finish courses quickly and efficiently.
Also, Real Estate School of Nevada has broker’s prelicensing education fully online for those who are looking to advance their career or open their own brokerage. Customers applauded the staff and teachers as well as the high-quality content within the courses. Others were not happy with the pricing, so if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, check out Key Realty School.
The Real Estate School of Nevada’s bundled packages differ as they include all of the same features, but offer different methods of delivery, dictating the cost of each package.
Prelicensing: Starting at $219
All courses include online instructional videos, e-book, access videos on all devices, cover national and state law portions on exam, placement opportunities, practice exam and quizzes, “bite-sized” videos, phone and email support, and free tutoring.
- Online Study package: $219
- Online Study and Exam Prep package: $319
- Live (in-person) and Online package: $489
- Live (in-person) and Online and Exam Prep package: $589
Broker Prelicensing for $199
- Includes online instructional videos, e-book, access videos on all devices, cover national and state law portions on exam, placement opportunities, practice exam and quizzes, “bite-sized” videos, phone and email support, and business hour customer support.
Continued Education: Starting at $25
- Combo packages for the full 24 hours (online and live) for $99
- 12-hour live package or 12-hour online package available for $60 each
- Individual courses can be purchased from $25 each
Exam Prep: Starting at $49
- Salesperson exam packages range from $49 to $119. You can customize your package for the national or state portion, or a combination of both.
How We Evaluated the Top Real Estate Schools in Nevada
The requirements to become a real estate agent in Nevada (until October 1, 2021) include 90 hours of prelicensing, 36 hours of continuing education every two years, and 45 hours of broker’s prelicensing education, which is a massive time commitment. Fortunately, online real estate schools have created learning environments through their online platforms to emulate an in-classroom experience, but capitalizing on convenience and flexibility.
There are many accredited online real estate schools to choose from, but with a 4.48 out of 5 rating, our best overall pick in Nevada is Key Realty School. It offers the option to complete the educational requirements at your own pace or livestreaming while maintaining comprehensive curriculums. It provides the course features to maximize understanding, along with reasonable pricing to rival traditional in-person settings.
Additional criteria we used to evaluate dozens of online real estate schools in Nevada are:
30% of Overall Score
Pricing is based on the cost and availability of pre- and post-licensing, continuing education courses, and exam prep for each online institution.
25% of Overall Score
Consist of various formatting and learning styles for each course to meet the specific needs of the agent as well as ease of course accessibility.
20% of Overall Score
Based on customer feedback for each program, with particular attention given to reviews of the product and popularity of the provider, to certify the course meets user satisfaction.
15% of Overall Score
Expertise in the field and firsthand experience with the providers allow us to evaluate the standout features, value for the money, and ease of use for each school.
10% of Overall Score
We looked into the convenience and attainability of customer service support for technical support and instructor assistance.