Organimi is a simple cloud-based organizational chart creation software suitable for fast-scaling businesses and startups. With its drag-and-drop interface, team directories, role assignments, and highly customizable templates, it does not just create a visual hierarchy of your organization but enhances transparency and accountability. Organimi starts at $18/month for 150 employees.
In our buyer’s guide for organizational chart software, Organimi took one of the top three spots, scoring 4 or above across all our criteria (pricing, general and org chart features, ease of use, and popularity). Find out in this Organimi review if it fits your business well.
- Some unintuitive features
- Somewhat of a learning curve
- Can’t handle high-level security data
- Fast-scaling businesses: Organimi has a basic plan of $18/month, which supports up to 150 employees and is ideal for businesses that scale quickly. Compared with other org chart software that charge per user every month, Organimi’s basic monthly plan is cheaper and can accommodate more people. Aside from the cost, changes to the org chart are updated in real time, eliminating errors and saving administrators time.
- Startups wanting to improve their talent management and coverage: Organimi helps in employee management, as it allows managers to easily identify individuals covering multiple roles (which can be a characteristic of startup culture). Depending on their different roles or projects, those folks can appear on several spots in the org chart. With this feature, managers can easily find which department or project needs more people and what roles must be filled.
- SMBs needing a basic financial tool: Organimi’s org chart has custom fields that managers can use to keep track of projects, resources, manpower, budgets, and expenses. Using the custom field feature, managers can create fields specifically for numbers and other financial elements.
- Companies with complex organizational structures: While its templates are customizable, Organimi has limitations for creating vertical organizational structures with several layers of middle management. Lucidchart is much more flexible since it has high-level diagramming capabilities.
- Businesses that are not tech-savvy: Organimi is easy to set up and use but that comes after you become familiar with its features and functionality. Businesses with no in-house tech might become frustrated learning how to fully utilize its features. Although Organimi provides a step-by-step tutorial for most of its features, it can be time-consuming. Sift—another top recommendation in our best org chart software guide—is better for businesses looking for a more straightforward org chart.
- Organizations needing a tool to manage remote employees: While Organimi can manage your talent pool, ChartHop has additional features that help businesses manage their remote employees and performance reviews.
Organimi Deciding Factors
Free Version/Free Trial
Has a 14-day free trial that does not require a credit card
Ease of Use
Organimi is relatively easy to use, but users need to learn how the features work to utilize Organimi’s full capabilities.
FAQs, forum, help desk, email, phone, knowledge base
Top Organimi Alternatives
Best for: Organizations with remote employees
Best for: Businesses that are less tech-savvy
Best for: Companies with complex org structures
Free for the first 150 employees
Paid plan starts at $8/employee per month
(paid plans have a minimum annual contract and implementation fee)
Starts at $1.50/user per month
Custom pricing for the Enterprise plan
Has a free plan that includes 100 templates
Paid plans start at $7.95/month
Organimi earned a high rating in this criteria because of its transparent and affordable pricing. Its $18/month price covers up to 150 employees, making it the ideal choice for startups or SMBs that are scaling fast.
Its lack of free version kept it from getting a perfect score. On the upside, it has a 14-day trial version for all plans, which we think is enough to give users an idea of its main features and functionality.
Organimi supports bulk rather than per-user pricing. All you need to do is toggle the price slider to find a plan that suits the size of your organization.
Extensive org chart customization
Access to matrix org charts
Interactive onboarding workshop
Dedicated onboarding assistant
Creating different types of organizational charts in Organimi is easy. Users can create an org chart manually or choose from a wide range of customizable templates. In our evaluation of its org chart functionalities, Organimi earned 4 out of 5 because it does not have in-app messaging and search filterability.
Here are some of Organimi’s standout org chart features:
While other org charts can only be printed, Organimi’s org chart can do more. You can embed it in any website using the iFrame embed feature. Just click the org chart you want to share, and the tool will generate an embed code. You can then copy and paste it into your chosen website.
Organimi eliminates the guesswork of who’s who in the organization by defining the roles and responsibilities of managers and employees. It uses badges and colors to help employees quickly identify who is who and where in the organization someone is, including their department.
Building an org chart takes collaboration as multiple people confirm different data points to ensure that the information is always correct and updated. This collaboration feature allows administrators to invite others to edit and change the org chart.
Highlight your organization’s most important org chart data using the custom field feature. If you want to display team members’ email or social media profiles, just indicate them on the custom field. Having control over what kind of data to show makes it easier for team members to find the information they need. Users can also use the custom fields to use Organimi as an onboarding or project management tool.
Organimi scored a 4.5 rating out of 5 in its general features because it integrates with a number of other HR applications and supports real-time updates. The limited number of file types supported by its import and export capabilities keeps it from getting a perfect score.
Aside from its org chart capabilities, Organimi integrates directly with a number of third-party software like Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, and Salesforce Maps. Organimi’s API lets businesses connect their HRIS, ERP, and other applications. Some of these applications include:
Organimi University is Organimi’s extensive training programs that help users (especially existing administrators) get the most out of its features. It also trains users how to integrate it properly with Microsoft Azure and Google Workspace.
Users can store any type of document in Organimi. Whether it be the employee handbook, contracts, charters and bylaws, or agreements, Organimi serves as a document repository for the organization, making it easy to access information and share it with others.
Organimi scored 4.5 out of 5 in this criteria because of its intuitive formatting, drag-and-drop feature, ease of setup, and seamless and automatic integration with HR software. It didn’t get a perfect score because it doesn’t have live chat support. On the upside, Organimi has responsive customer service support.
- Extensive knowledge base
- Dedicated onboarding assistance (only in the premium plan)
- Video tutorials (Organimi U)
- Automatic integration with HR software
- Easy to share and publish
- Acts as a document repository for any document types
- Drag-and-drop interface
Organimi might be a bit challenging for non-tech users at the beginning, but its extensive knowledge base and training programs keep users up to speed. Besides this, Organimi has designed the org chart to be user-friendly by automating most of the features—users can share and publish the org chart with just a click and it automatically updates in real time and integrates with most software automatically.
Organimi received quite a number of reviews and satisfactory ratings in different review websites like G2, Capterra, GetApp, and Software Advice. Those who left positive Organimi reviews mentioned the simple org chart creation, customization settings, drag-and-drop interface, and easy import and export capabilities.
Meanwhile, most negative reviews focused on how challenging it can be at the beginning—but one user added that the learning curve is short when you take the time to read and understand the program. Another remarked that the org chart takes time to load.
At the time of publication, Organimi earned the following scores on popular user review websites:
How We Evaluated Organimi
We used five criteria—ease of use, popularity, org chart features, general features, and pricing—when we evaluated Organimi. Check out the tabs to see how it fared:
20% of Overall Score
Organimi scored fairly in this criteria due to its affordable and transparent pricing. Given its features, we think that the price provides great value for money, especially for SMBs. The only shortcoming we see in this area is its lack of a free version.
30% of Overall Score
An exceptional org chart should do what it does best—simplifying the hierarchical structure of an organization with visually appealing and informative organizational charts. With a wide range of templates, custom fields, and capability to create different types of org charts, Organimi got a 4 out of 5 score in this criteria. Two lacking features prevented it from getting a perfect score—in-app messaging and search filterability in the org chart.
15% of Overall Score
This criteria includes how it seamlessly integrates with HRIS and ATS software, if it supports real time updates as well as different file types. While we cannot say anything about its update and integration capabilities, Organimi only supports CSV and PDF file types.
25% of Overall Score
While setup requires no help, getting to know its full features and functionalities takes some time. Also its lack of live chat support affected Organimi’s score in this criteria. Nonetheless, it still fared well with a 4.5 out of 5 score in terms of its ease of use.
10% of Overall Score
Organimi received less than 200 user reviews in the popular user review websites like G2 and Capterra. Still, it received more positive than negative reviews.
Creating organizational charts should not be difficult, and Organimi ensured it isn’t by automating most of its features like updates, integrations, chart building, and import system. Some of its features might have a few hiccups, but issues are resolved quickly with responsive customer support. Plus, it has an ideal pricing plan for SMBs looking for a feature-rich but affordable org chart.