2023 Pingboard Review: Pricing, Features & Alternatives
Pingboard is an employee engagement software with organizational chart creation as its core feature. Typically used by small and midsize businesses with at least 50 employees, it helps organizations easily identify the key people in each department, monitor new employees, and track employee milestones, attendance status, and birthdays. It also supports integrations with popular HR apps, like Namely, ADP Workforce Now, and Access PeopleHR. With a simple and dynamic interface, Pingboard helps businesses easily manage and engage their teams no matter where they are in the world.
- Easy to use
- Provides a visual representation of your organization
- Free trial does not require credit card information
- Unlimited employee data input
- Pricing is above average compared to other providers
- Does not have a version history
- Some integrations don’t work well
- Free trial period does not require credit card
- Easy to create org charts
- Dynamic org chart
- Can add unlimited employees
- Can downgrade your plan anytime
Pingboard helps with employee management by allowing users to search for and find contact information of their co-workers easily, view organizational structure, and access data about their colleagues. It also provides the ability to create custom organizational charts and employee profiles, as well as the ability to manage employee information and track changes over time.
As such, Pingboard is best for:
- Companies with hybrid setups: Its visual organizational chart makes it easier for team members to know each other wherever they are. It also helps users create and manage team-based collaboration spaces, allowing remote employees to stay connected and collaborate. Besides that, its analytics and reporting capabilities enable businesses to track and measure employee performance, helping to ensure that remote employees remain productive and engaged.
- Fast-scaling businesses: Once you connect Pingboard to your employee database, any changes you make will reflect on the organizational chart. When you add a new employee to your database, Pingboard will automatically add the new employee under the department and team they belong to, allowing for seamless integration into the system.
- Organizations with at least 50 employees: This software offers a powerful search feature that makes it easy to locate and contact employees and show their job titles and the department they belong to. It keeps companies with numerous employees in the loop of what’s happening to their colleagues in other departments.
- Small brick-and-mortar businesses with fewer than 50 employees: The features and tools offered by Pingboard are more suited for companies with larger numbers of employees. As such, using it may not be worth the cost for small businesses with a limited budget. For smaller businesses, Organimi provides the same features for a lower price.
- Companies that aren’t using an HRIS: As an employee engagement software, Pingboard’s features are designed to streamline and automate HR processes that are typically managed through an HRIS. If a company doesn’t have one, it might not fully benefit from this software. We highly suggest implementing one before adopting Pingboard or choosing an alternative like Gusto, which provides an all-in-one employee engagement solution from onboarding to benefits administration.
- Businesses looking for a free org chart builder: While Pingboard offers a 14-day free trial, it does not have a free plan for users, especially for micro-businesses that only need the org chart. If this is important for you, then Lucidchart may be better. It has a free plan that allows users to create customizable org charts.
Pingboard Top Alternatives
Businesses looking for a free org chart builder
Growing companies looking for a flexible pricing plan
Businesses looking for a more comprehensive HR solution
Has a free plan; paid plan starts at $7.95 / month
Pricing depends on the number of employees; starts at $10/month
Starts at $40/month + $6/employee
Need help managing your workers? Check out our guide to employee management.
Pingboard doesn’t have a free plan—but it has a 14-day free trial, which is enough to explore its features and capabilities.
It has three paid plans ranging from about $185 to nearly $500 per month. The differences between these plans are the number of licenses included and access to advanced features, such as reports and analytics. All plans allow you to add data for an unlimited number of employees. Pingboard offers a 20% discount if you opt to pay upfront annually. You can also downgrade your plan at any time.
Plan and Collaborate
Calendar and Statuses
Slack and Teams Integration
Reports and Analytics
Sync & SSO
Pingboard offers a range of features to help employees stay connected and engaged with their colleagues and help employers create an environment that encourages collaboration, transparency, and inclusion. Let’s take a closer look at its key features to determine if it’s the right fit for your team.
Employee Directory & Profiles
Employers can create a unique profile for each employee using Pingboard. Admins can tailor this data to the employees’ specific roles and responsibilities. Aside from the position and contact information, they can also add fun and interesting facts about each employee, such as their name’s correct pronunciation or desk location.
Pingboard’s Applause feature is a tool for recognizing and rewarding employees for their successes, hard work, and accomplishments. With it, employees can nominate their colleagues for recognition by providing a short description of what they have accomplished and why they deserve it. Managers then review and approve or deny the nominations. If the nomination is approved, the nominated employee will receive virtual applause that’s visible to the whole company. Sometimes, the applause comes with a reward or gift.
This allows employers to see the statuses of each employee and categorizes them for easy viewing. Thus, employers and managers have an overview of which of their employees are sick, on vacation, on a business trip, or otherwise out of the office. It even shows who the remote team members are, making it easier to plan and schedule.
Pingboard allows users to create and send surveys to gather information and feedback from team members. These surveys can be customized with various question types, including multiple-choice, open-ended, and rating scales. The results are then displayed in a dashboard for analysis. These give employers insight into their employees’ needs and opinions and help them make necessary changes to improve the workplace.
It serves as a platform for managers and employees to discuss goals, progress, and any other topics that may arise. These conversations and notes during the meetings are automatically saved so managers can track the progress of their conversations and get helpful insights and tips from their meetings.
Organizational Chart Creation
Employers can use the organizational chart to present their company’s structure in an easy-to-view manner while keeping their employees updated about open positions in the company. They can add more details about the position to give employees an idea if they are a good fit for the job. What’s more, if Pingboard is linked to your employee database, new employees will automatically show up on your org chart without fuss.
Pingboard Ease of Use
- Easy to set up
- Intuitive user interface
- Powerful reporting capabilities
- Dynamic and scalable
- Integrations with popular HRM and messaging software
Overall, Pingboard is an ideal software for businesses looking to streamline their operations and maximize their team’s productivity. It provides a comprehensive suite of tools to help manage and organize an organization’s people and teams.
It offers an easy-to-use interface that allows users to quickly create and customize team structures, view team member profiles, and track team performance. It also has robust reporting capabilities that enable users to quickly generate reports on team performance, employee engagement, and more.
Additionally, Pingboard provides an array of integrations with popular applications, such as Slack, Google Calendar, and Zoom, making it easy to sync and manage data across multiple platforms.
Popularity: What Users Think About Pingboard
|Users Like||Users Don’t Like|
|Intuitive and straightforward interface||Some integrations are buggy|
|Clear organizational chart presentation||Limited features|
|Fosters strong connections in the workplace|
Those that left Pingboard reviews online said they are satisfied with the software because it does what it does best—keeping track of employees’ statuses, connecting everyone in the workplace, and fostering a positive work environment.
On the other hand, most complaints are about Pingboard’s integrations. Some users say that the software doesn’t sync well with other software. Meanwhile, other users think that Pingboard could be much better if there were more features, such as one-click conference calling.
At the time of publication, Pingboard has the following scores from leading review sites:
- Capterra: 4.6 out 5 on 590+ reviews
- G2: 4.4 out of 5 on 280+ reviews
If you want a dynamic employee engagement platform that helps streamline the process of managing employee data, Pingboard is a good choice. It helps companies stay organized and up-to-date with employee information, allowing them to store, search, and update employee data in one central location. It also has various features, such as creating custom employee profiles, tracking employee performance, and managing employee benefits.
If you want to explore Pingboard more, sign up for a free trial now.