PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card
PNC Bank account holders who want to earn cash back rewards
- Earn $200 cash bonus for spending $3,000 in the first three billing cycles
- Earn 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- No annual fee
- Interest-free financing period
- Comes with an Introductory bonus offer
- Checking account fee waiver for PNC Bank account holders
- Low ongoing rewards
- Lower-than-average introductory bonus offer
- Not available nationwide
- Extended warranty protection: Get an additional one year or warranty protection on top of the manufacturer’s warranty, up to $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per cardholder.
- Purchase protection: Visa will reimburse you for up to the value of items that were purchased up to 90 days ago.
- Lost luggage reimbursement: Get reimbursed up to $3,000 per trip for luggage that is lost or stolen from a common carrier.
- Travel accident insurance: You’ll be covered in the event of accidental death or dismemberment for you and your dependents, up to $500,000.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Get coverage for auto rental transactions in the event of theft or damage, up to the value of the car.
- Travel and emergency services: Receive access to travel and emergency assistance services, including message service, prescription assistance, and emergency cash disbursement.
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card earns ongoing rewards of 1.5% cash back on all purchases and has an introductory cash bonus of $200 when you meet spending requirements. Cardholders can also have their monthly maintenance fees waived when they set up credit card payments from their PNC checking.
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card offers additional perks like lost luggage reimbursement and car rental insurance. The fixed-rate rewards of 1.5% cash back on all purchases is lower than some of the best small business credit cards offer. The best fixed-rate rewards cards offer as much as 2% cash back on purchases. This card earns a 3.5 out of 5 stars.
How We Evaluated the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card offers a modest sign-up bonus that the best small business credit cards easily beat. This card also has 0% introductory APR on purchases for nine billing cycles. Some rewards cards offer no-interest periods as long as 18 months.
The criteria we used to evaluate this card include:
- Ongoing rewards: The rewards you earn for using your PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card. This card earns 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- Introductory rewards: The rewards you’ll receive as a sign-up bonus for opening the card account. This card offers a $200 cash bonus when you spend $3,000 within the first three billing cycles.
- Additional benefits: Any additional features you get for owning this card. This card comes with several features including purchase security and extended protection.
- Annual fee: The fee you’re charged as a cost of ownership. This card has no annual fee.
- Introductory annual percentage rate (APR): Whether the card offers 0% intro APR on purchases and/or balance transfers. This card offers 0% APR on purchases for nine billing cycles.
- Ongoing APR: The cost of financing purchases on this card. This card offers a variable APR of 12.74% to 21.74%, which adjusts with the prime rate.
Cardholders who already have a banking relationship with PNC may enjoy a few relationship benefits. Owners can link their card to a checking account for billing purposes and PNC will waive its checking account monthly maintenance fees. Businesses can also link this card to their checking account for overdraft protection.
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card offers low rewards when compared to other business cards like the Chase Ink Business Cash®. That card offers 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent on office supply stores, internet, cable and phone services. It also has 0% intro APR for 12 months, which is three months longer than the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card.
How We Evaluate Fixed-Rate Cash Back Credit Cards
When grading a rewards card like the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card, we weigh ongoing rewards and introductory rewards the heaviest. We also weighted annual fees as important as the card’s additional features. Each of these factors impacted how we calculated the card’s total score.
We graded the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card using the following methodology:
Based on our 5-star rating system where 20 points equals 1 star, the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card fell just short of 4 stars. This card would need a larger introductory bonus to boost it to 4 stars. In cases where cards receive perfect scores in most categories, we may award bonus points to boost the card’s rating.
Businesses looking to earn rewards without the need to track categories will appreciate this card’s steady rewards on all purchases. Just like the Chase Ink Business Unlimited®, this card offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases. However, that card also offers a larger introductory bonus PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card
Who the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card Is Right For
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card is best for owners looking to earn rewards without having to select special spending categories. In addition, the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card is only available to owners that reside in a state where there is a physical branch, including the District of Columbia.
Owners that reside in D.C. and the following 18 states are eligible to apply:
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Owners that already have a banking relationship with PNC Bank will see additional benefit from the checking account fee waiver. Businesses looking for luxury travel benefits or 0% APR on balance transfers may be disappointed with this card.
Alternatives to PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card offers some standard features for a card of its kind. There are other business rewards cards that offer higher ongoing rewards—typically as high as 2% cash back. Some of those cards also offer introductory bonuses as high as $500.
Three alternatives to the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card are:
Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card
Pocketing 1.5% cash back on every single purchase
- Earn $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase made for your business
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- No Annual Fee
- 0% APR on purchases
- Unlimited cash back rewards on all purchases
- Introductory APR period doesn’t apply to balance transfers
- 5% balance transfer fee
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes; it provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the US and abroad
- Purchase protection: Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per account per year
- Extended warranty protection: Extends the time period of the US manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of three years or less
The Chase Ink Business Unlimited® is best for businesses looking for fixed-rate rewards with an introductory bonus as much as $750 after spending $7,500 on purchases in the first three months. This no-annual fee card offers 0% APR for three months longer than the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card. Cardholders also get additional perks like car rental insurance and extended warranty protection. Read more on our Chase Ink Business Unlimited® review.
BEST FOR Earning unlimited 2% cash back
Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Earning unlimited 2% cash back
The Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business is a solid pick for owners looking for fixed-rate rewards. This card has a cash bonus worth up to $2,000 along with 2% cash back on all purchases. Cardholders also get additional perks that include purchase security, extended warranty protection, and car rental insurance. There’s no annual fee for the year and $95 after that. You can read more in our Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business review.
BEST FOR Earning 2% cash back every time you swipe and 0% introductory APR for 12 months
American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card
Earning 2% cash back every time you swipe and 0% introductory APR for 12 months
The American Express Blue Business CashTM Card offers the top ongoing rewards for a fixed-rate rewards card. This card also has no annual fee and a 0% introductory APR for 12 months. Cardholders also get access to additional features including car rental insurance and extended warranty. American Express also allows cardholders to spend above their limit for certain purchases. Read more about this card in the American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card review.
PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card Costs
The costs for the PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card are about average. Business owners get 0% APR for nine billing cycles, but this doesn’t apply to balance transfers. This card charges 12.74% to 21.74% variable APR after the intro period, which is lower than most rewards cards on the low end of the range.
Financing costs and fees include:
- Introductory APR: 0% for 9 billing cycles
- Ongoing APR: 12.74% to 21.74%, which will adjust with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $0
- Balance transfer fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: 3% of the amount in US dollars of each foreign transaction
- Late fee: $15 for balances up to $99.99; $29 for balances from $100 to $249.99 and $39 for balances $250 or greater.
- Penalty APR: 30.74% variable, based on the prime rate
This card’s late fee is based on the card’s previous balances. Cardholders who pay late will not only incur a late fee as high as $39 but will also incur a penalty APR of 30.74% variable. This penalty APR is 18 percentage points higher than this card’s lowest ongoing APR. Avoid unnecessary fees by paying the minimum balance by the statement due date.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on the PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card
PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card owners can avoid paying interest by paying the entire card balance before the statement closing date. The standard grace period for business credit cards typically ranges from 20 to 25 days.
PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card Rewards
The PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card earns ongoing rewards on everyday purchases, so owners don’t have to worry about spending categories. This card’s introductory rewards are below other cards. The Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business has a signup bonus worth $1,800 more than this card.
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card offers a cash bonus of $200 once you’ve spent $3,000 on purchases in the first three billing cycles. However, balance transfers don’t count toward the introductory spending requirement. The $200 cash bonus is lower than some of the best cash back cards and falls $550 short of what the Chase Ink Business Unlimited® offers.
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card has fixed-rate rewards that are standard among cards in its class. This card earns 1.5% cash back on all purchases, regardless of where you spend. However, the Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business offers 2% cash back on everyday purchases.. The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card offers decent rewards for business owners looking to earn a steady rate, and it doesn’t have a cap on how much you can earn, like the American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card, which pays 2% cash back on all spending up to $50,000 annually, then 1% thereafter.
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card has standard restrictions on earning ongoing rewards. Like most business cards, this card doesn’t allow cardholders to earn rewards on balance transfers, cash advances, or interest and fees. It also doesn’t earn rewards on insurance premiums paid to PNC Bank or PNC affiliate insurance companies.
The rewards restrictions are:
- PNC Bank or affiliate insurance premiums
- ATM disbursements, and automated teller or cash equivalent item transactions
- Balances transfers
- Cash advances or interest and fees
- Monetary instruments including traveler’s checks and money orders
- Lottery tickets or gaming activity
- Abusive or fraudulent activity
These restrictions are limited to purchases made to eligible merchants. Most rewards cards refuse rewards earned on lottery tickets and gaming activity. If your card is closed or is no longer in good standing, cardholders will forfeit any unclaimed rewards.
How You Can Redeem Your Rewards
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card allows cardholders to redeem rewards as a statement credit or as a direct deposit. Owners have the option of redeeming rewards for cash deposits into their PNC business checking or savings account. Either selection will take seven business days to process.
PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card Additional Features
The PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card offers features that are fairly standard for rewards cards like extended warranty protection and car rental insurance. However this card doesn’t offer premium features like TSA PreCheck and lounge access that other rewards cards have.
The additional features for this card are:
Extended Warranty Protection
Business owners get extended warranty protection up to one full year on top of their manufacturer’s warranty when they use this card to make purchases. This protection applies to manufacturer warranties of three years or less. Claims are limited to $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder. This is pretty standard when compared to other cards.
This card offers purchase security up to 90 days after the purchase date. Visa will reimburse you for the value of an item that gets damaged or stolen that you purchased using this card. Ninety days is standard for rewards cards protection, however, there are some cards that offer protection up to a 120 days like the Chase Ink Business Cash®. PNC doesn’t disclose the limits that they will reimburse, however, most cards allow for reimbursement up to $10,000 or more.
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
Business owners are reimbursed up to $3,000 per trip on luggage lost or stolen from a common carrier. New York residents are limited to $2,000 per bag. This coverage also includes items that are stolen out of checked or carry-on luggage. This feature covers cardholders who book their entire trip costs using their card.
Travel Accident Insurance
With the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card, business owners get up to $500,000 in travel accidental insurance. This covers accidental death and dismemberment for you and your dependents. The coverage for the card is generous when compared to other cash back cards. This card’s coverage is five times higher than with the Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard®.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
This card comes with car rental insurance that allows business owners to wave the collision insurance offered by car rental agencies. Cardholders will be reimbursed for damages up to the value of the rental car, in most cases. However, this insurance doesn’t cover vehicles rented in Israel, Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland. This insurance also doesn’t cover cars that are older than 20 years or that weren’t manufactured in the previous 10 years.
Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
Cardholders get free travel and emergency assistance services as part of PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card ownership. Businesses receive a variety of emergency and assistance services including referrals for legal and medical services. These features also include message service, transportation assistance, lost luggage locator, prescription assistance and Valuable Document Delivery Arrangements.
With emergency ticket replacement, Visa will help you through your ticket reimbursement process by contacting the carrier representatives. Cardholders can also contact a representative for pre-trip advice and travel information free of charge. Most of the referral services are pretty basic, however, owners may find the emergency translation services particularly helpful while traveling overseas.
Business owners who find themselves in a bind while traveling may find the cash disbursement feature helpful. Cardholders can contact a representative for cash in case of an unexpected event emergency. Owners who have lost their card or had it stolen can have their card replaced within 24 hours.
Adding PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card Employee Cards
Like most other rewards, adding employee cards for the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card is free. Owners can add employee cards online or by contacting a customer service representative over the phone. Businesses can manage employee expenses through PNC’s online Cash Flow InsightSM tool. Owners will be able to add and remove cards with this online tool as well.
What PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card is Missing
When compared to other cards, the Visa Signature® Business Credit Card’s ongoing rewards are lackluster. Its introductory cash bonus is also lower than most other fixed-rate credit cards. Business owners looking to get a higher ongoing rate and a heftier introductory bonus should consider the Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business.
PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card Reviews
The PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card was just released in July 2019. As a result, we weren’t able to locate any online reviews for this particular card. We were able to locate user reviews for PNC overall, which received a score of 816 score out of a 1,000 on JD Power Retail Bank Customer Satisfaction Survey.
How to Apply for PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card
You can apply for the PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card by filling out a basic online application containing both business and personal information. The application takes minutes and could be approved instantly. Once you’re approved, you’ll receive your card in the mail within seven to 10 days. Business owners that don’t know how to get a business credit card, should research the card terms before applying for any business card.
How to Log In to Your PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card Account
You can log in to your PNC Cash RewardsSM Visa Signature® Business Credit Card account by visiting the provider website. You can register by putting in your name and email address. Once you’ve established an online profile, you’ll just need to log in with your username and password.
Other PNC Business Credit Cards
PNC Bank offers four other business credit cards for owners looking to finance business expenses. These cards include the PNC points® Visa® Business Credit Card and another credit card that earns no rewards. Out of the four cards that PNC offers only one card does not offer any rewards.
The PNC additional credit cards are:
- PNC points® Visa® Business Credit Card: Best for business owners who want to earn top rewards. Redeem points for merchandise, gift cards, travel, and, cash back.
- PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card: Best for owners who want to earn miles toward air travel, hotel stays, cruises, auto rentals.
- PNC Visa® Business Credit Card: Best for owners looking to transfer balances with 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers. Cardholders can qualify for one of the lowest ongoing APR, based on creditworthiness.
- PNC BusinessOptions® Visa Signature® Credit Card: Best for businesses that spend $50,000 or more annually on credit card expenses. Cardholders have the option of a revolving credit line with a limit of $50,000, or a pay-in-full option with a credit limit as high as $250,000.
The PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card may not offer top benefits or rewards, however, it’s a decent card when compared to other fixed-rate cards. Business owners looking to earn rewards on everyday expenses should consider this card, but cardholders who already have a banking relationship with PNC Bank will find this card a convenient addition.
For rates and fees on the American Express Blue Business CashTM Card, please click here.