The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card is best for business owners looking for travel rewards without the hassle of tracking spending categories. Business owners who already bank with PNC can get their checking fees waived after meeting certain requirements. Cardholders also get double the miles on the first $2,500 spent on purchases.
PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card
- Earn 1 mile for every $1 in eligible net purchases*
- No limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Earn double miles on the first $2,500 in eligible net purchases
- Book your own travel, then redeem miles for a statement credit
|INTRO APR||REGULAR APR||ANNUAL FEE||CREDIT NEEDED|
|N/A||12.74% to 21.74% Variable||$0||Good - Excellent|
Compared to other credit cards, the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card has smaller rewards and fewer additional features. This card is also missing a 0% introductory APR offer like some of the best business credit cards have. Cardholders who already have a banking relationship with PNC may find it a convenient option, but it doesn’t hold much other appeal. We rate this card 2.5 out of 5 stars
How We Evaluated the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card is best for businesses that have a preexisting relationship with PNC Bank. Much like other business rewards cards, this card also provides employee cards at no additional charge. This card’s introductory offer allows owners to earn up to 5,000 miles on the first $2,500 spent on purchases. Cardholders also earn fixed-rate rewards without an annual fee.
This card is currently only available in states where a physical PNC branch is located. Owners who do not reside in one of those 18 states, or the District of Columbia, are ineligible to apply.
The criteria we used for the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card includes:
- Ongoing rewards: The rewards you earn while using your PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card. This card earns 1x miles for every $1 spent on all purchases.
- Introductory rewards: The rewards you’ll receive as a sign-up bonus for opening the card account. This card offers double miles on the first $2,500 spent on eligible purchases.
- Additional benefits: Additional perks you get for owning this card. This card comes with purchase security and extended warranty protection.
- Annual fee: The fee you’re charged as a cost of card ownership. This card has no annual fee.
- Introductory annual percentage rate (APR): Whether the card offers 0% intro APR on purchases and/or balance transfers. This card has no 0% intro APR offer.
- Ongoing APR: The cost of financing purchases on this card. This card offers a variable APR of 12.74% to 21.74%, which adjusts with changes in the prime rate.
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card doubles your miles on the first $2,500 you spend using the card. Other rewards cards offer as much as 50,000 introductory points or miles. Even though this card has no annual fee and a relatively low ongoing APR, it still compares poorly to the top business rewards cards. Businesses interested in earning higher rewards with more travel perks should consider a different business credit card for travel.
How We Evaluate Business Travel Credit Cards
With the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card, we more heavily considered ongoing rewards, introductory rewards, and additional features than any other category. We also weighed annual fees heavier than the introductory and ongoing APRs.
We graded the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card using the following methodology:
Highest Possible Score
Based on our five-star rating system where 20 points equals one star, the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card needs more card features in order to earn 3 stars. In cases where cards receive perfect scores in most categories, we may award bonus points to boost the card’s rating.
Unlike other travel rewards cards, this card doesn’t offer a 0% introductory APR period. The U.S. Bank Business Cash Rewards World Elite™ MasterCard® not only offers 0% APR for 15 billing cycles, it also has additional perks that makes traveling easier. The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card lacks many of these perks, making this card less than ideal for business travelers.
Who the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card Is Right For
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card is best for business owners looking to earn basic travel rewards without caps or limits, and who already have a PNC deposit account. The $1 for one-mile structure is straightforward and easy-to-track. Cardholders are able to redeem rewards for travel with their choice of any participating carrier.
Alternatives to the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card has a comparatively decent APR, but it doesn’t offer the best in any rewards category. Businesses looking for better rewards, bonuses, and larger introductory offers should consider other alternatives.
Three alternatives to PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card are:
Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee
|INTRO APR||REGULAR APR||ANNUAL FEE||CREDIT NEEDED|
|N/A||17.49% - 22.49% Variable||$95||Good to Excellent|
The Chase Ink Business PreferredSM is best for owners looking to earn top rewards on everyday business expenses like shipping, advertising, phone, and internet. Named as one of our best credit cards for business expenses, this card also has one of the highest introductory bonuses available—worth up to $1,000 in travel. It has an annual fee of $95, but it’s still great for travel since there aren’t any foreign transaction fees. You can read more about this card in our Chase Ink Business PreferredSM review.
Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 200,000 bonus miles worth up to $2,000 to spend on travel—flights, hotels and more
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months and earn 150,000 bonus miles when you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of your account opening
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase, everywhere, no limits or category restrictions, and miles won't expire for the life of the account
- Earn 5X miles on hotel and rental car bookings through Capital One Travel℠ using a Spark Miles card
- Transfer your miles to 10+ leading travel loyalty programs like JetBlue™, Air Canada, and Emirates™
- Redeem your miles instantly for any travel-related purchases, from flights and hotels to ride-sharing services
- Fly through security with one statement credit for either the $85 TSA Pre✓® application fee or the $100 Global Entry application fee
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
|INTRO APR||REGULAR APR||ANNUAL FEE||CREDIT NEEDED|
|N/A||18.49% (Variable)||$0 intro for first year; $95 after that||Excellent, Good|
With the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business, owners earn 2x miles for every dollar spent on all purchases. This card also has one of the highest rewards rates for travel purchases. Cardholders also get access to excellent travel perks like Global Entry and TSA Pre✓® reimbursements. Capital One also offers an attractive sign-up bonus that can help you offset the cost of future travel. Read more in our Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business review.
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
- Get rewarded for business as usual. Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners.
- 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases per year, 1 point per dollar thereafter.
- Enjoy the flexibility to put more purchases on the Card and earn rewards when you buy above your credit limit*.
- You’ve got the power to use your Card beyond its credit limit* with Expanded Buying Power.
- More buying power for your business means more opportunities to earn points. That’s everyday business with the Blue Business Plus Card.
- *The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us, and other factors.
- 0.0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, 14.74%, 17.74% or 20.74%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- Terms Apply
|INTRO APR||REGULAR APR||ANNUAL FEE||CREDIT NEEDED|
|0% on purchases||14.74% - 20.74% Variable||No annual fee||Good, Excellent|
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is best for business owners that want to earn top fixed-rate rewards on all purchases up to $50,000 yearly. This card’s rewards are redeemable for travel anywhere you book. Listed as one of the best 0% APR business credit cards, it’s great for owners looking to transfer balances. Read more about this card in our Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express review.
PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card Costs
With an ongoing APR as low as 12.74%, cardholders will enjoy the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card’s lower than average ongoing APR. This card charges no annual fee, but some businesses might be disappointed that there’s no 0% introductory APR offer.
Financing costs and fees on the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card include:
- Introductory APR: None
- Ongoing APR: 12.74% to 21.74%, which will adjust with the prime rate
- Annual fee: $0
- Balance transfer fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: None
- Late fee: Up to $39
Most of the fees on the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card are average when compared to other cards. Cardholders will pay a late fee of $39 when they miss a payment, but there’ll be no penalty APR as a result. Business owners looking for a great credit card for balance transfers won’t find it here, but owners may find this card useful for travel purposes since it has no foreign transaction fees.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card
Business owners looking to avoid interest should pay off the entire balance before the end of the billing cycle. Once your business credit card statement is released, most providers allow at least a 20 day grace period before interest is calculated on the balance. Owners looking to save money can pay off the entire balance within that time and save significantly in financing costs.
PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card Rewards
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card has ongoing rewards of 1 mile for every $1 spent on purchases. This rate is relatively low when compared to other fixed-rate travel rewards cards where 2x miles for every $1 is best in class. However, it does pay 2x miles on the first $2,500 spent on the card.
Most travel rewards credit cards that offer a sign-up bonus require you to spend several thousand dollars before earning the introductory rewards. Instead, the PNC Travel Rewards Visa Business Credit Card will double your travel rewards on the first $2,500 spent on eligible purchases. That means owners can earn as much as 5,000 miles for spending $2,500. When compared to other travel rewards cards, this card falls short of hefty bonuses some offer.
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card earns 1 mile for every $1 spent on eligible purchases. However, these rewards aren’t anything many cardholders will be too excited about considering other travel rewards cards offer as much as 6x rewards on purchases. PNC customers looking for no-fuss ongoing rewards with no cap may not be bothered by the lower rewards earned on this card.
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card only allows eligible business owners who are US residents to qualify to earn rewards. This card is consistent with other travel rewards cards in this class by not allowing cardholders to earn rewards on illegal transactions or purchases made for cashier’s checks and monetary instruments.
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card rewards program restrictions are:
- ATM disbursements, and automated teller or cash equivalent item transactions
- PNC Bank or affiliate insurance premiums
- Monetary instruments including traveler’s checks and money orders
- Balances transfers
- Cash advances or interest and fees
- Lottery tickets or gaming activity
- Abusive or fraudulent activity
This card is consistent with most business cards that don’t allow cardholders to redeem rewards on gambling and gaming activities. However, business owners who already have a PNC relationship may be unaware that payments made to PNC Bank or affiliated insurance premiums will not qualify as eligible rewards purchases.
How You Can Redeem Your Rewards
With the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card, businesses can redeem rewards for airfare with a minimum of 20,000 miles. Any rewards not redeemed will be forfeited if cardholders default on the card. Miles must be redeemed before the fourth calendar year after the year in which the miles were earned or they will expire.
Four ways the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card rewards can be redeemed are:
- Air Travel: Redeem miles for travel when you book your own airline tickets via an eligible carrier, or through a travel website using your PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card. Miles must be redeemed at a minimum of 25,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 miles above the 25,000 miles.
- Travel Redemption: Redeem miles on booking for cruises, rental cars, or hotel stays.
- Transferring miles: Cardholders can transfer miles to another PNC Bank credit card rewards account. Transfers are limited to receiving accounts with the same title and account ownership. For instance, PNC doesn’t allow transfers from a personal account to a business credit card even if the ownership are the same.
- Monetary credit: Redeem miles for a PNC travel rewards account credit by contacting PNC directly at 800-558-8472. You can also redeem miles deposit through the PNC website. Credit will be applied to your card account within five to seven business days after the request.
Businesses can redeem 25,000 miles for an airline ticket worth $315, which equals 1.26 cents per mile, which is slightly higher the Chase Ink Business PreferredSM best value. Owners looking to maximize their rewards redemptions should avoid the monetary credit option. Cardholders only get a $40 credit for every 5,000 miles redeemed for monetary credit. This is a $10 cut when compared to the $50 value cardholders get when they for redeem outside of airfare.
PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card Additional Features
Additional features offered by the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card are thin when compared to most other travel cards. This card only offers two additional perks including: extended warranty protection and purchase security. Other travel rewards cards like the American Express Business Platinum Card®, offer valuable perks that make traveling easier and more convenient like TSA Pre✓ ®, or free airport lounge access.
Extended Warranty Protection
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card offers extended warranty protection up to one year on top of the manufacturer’s warranty. This applies to warranties of three years or less. Owners will receive this additional protection when purchasing items using their business credit card. This is a standard warranty offer when compared to other travel rewards cards. However, some cards like the American Express Business Platinum Card® offer extended warranties up to two years.
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card also provides cardholders with purchase security. PNC will replace, reimburse, or repair an item that has been stolen or damaged within 90 days of purchase. This card’s purchase security time frame is standard when compared with other travel rewards cards. There are some cards, like the American Express Blue Business® Plus that covers up to 120 days after purchase.
Adding PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card Employee Cards
PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card allows business owners to unlimited free employee cards and manage business expenses through the online Cash Flow InsightSM tool. Business owners can set limits and add or cancel employee cards online. Cardholders can also contact PNC over the phone to add employee cards.
What the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card is Missing
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card doesn’t have a 0% introductory APR offer like the PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card does and the rewards bonus is not nearly as robust as the best business rewards cards. It’s also missing added features that are common for travel cards like car rental insurance and travel accident insurance. Compared to other business travel rewards cards, it falls short of even average cards.
PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card Reviews
We were unable to locate any online user reviews for The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card. We were able to locate user reviews for PNC overall, which received a score of 816 out of a 1,000 on JD Power Retail Banking Satisfaction Survey.
How to Apply for the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card
You can apply for the PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card by submitting an application online. Once you’ve completed the application, which only takes a few minutes, you could receive a decision instantly. You can also apply over the phone at 855-762-2365 or in person at your local PNC branch. PNC also gives owners the option to print off an application and either mail it or fax it in.
Owners that live in D.C. and the following 18 states can apply:
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
How to Log In to Your PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card Account
You can access your account online by signing up with your email address and setting a password. You will need a few pieces of personal information and some business information to register. Once your online account is established, you’ll be able to view your card statements and manage any card details through the online portal.
Other PNC Business Credit Cards
PNC offers four other credit cards for businesses, which includes a business credit card that earns points, and a cash back rewards card.
PNC’s additional credit cards are:
- PNC Points® Visa® Business Credit Card: Best for owners who want to earn top rewards in the form of points that can be used for travel, gift cards, and even cash back.
- PNC Cash Rewards® Visa Signature® Business Credit Card: Best for businesses that want to earn fixed-rate cash back rewards redeemable for PNC deposits and statement credits.
- PNC Visa® Business Credit Card: Best for balance transfers, with 0% APR on purchases. It also offers one of the lowest ongoing APR, depending on your creditworthiness.
- PNC BusinessOptions® Visa Signature® Credit Card: Best for owners planning to spend $50,000 or more every year. This card allows businesses to choose between either a revolving credit line with a limit of $50,000, or a pay-in-full option with a credit limit up to $250,000.
The PNC Travel Rewards Visa® Business Credit Card offers straightforward fixed-rate travel rewards with very few added perks. Owners who already have a relationship with PNC may find this a little more convenient, but owners looking for more bang for their buck will do better getting a different business credit card.