Priority Pass gives members access to more than 1,300 airport lounges across 130 countries. Priority Pass lounges offer complimentary food and drinks, free Wi-Fi, and conference rooms. Memberships typically cost between $99 to $429 per year. However, frequent travelers can receive memberships for free, called Priority Pass Select, through some travel credit cards.
If you travel often and want to receive Priority Pass Select for free, consider a credit card that offers free memberships. For example, some travel credit cards, including the American Express Business Platinum Card®, offer complimentary access to all 1,300 Priority Pass airport lounges. You’ll also earn travel rewards on every purchase.
What Is Priority Pass Select?
Priority Pass Select is an airport lounge membership program that Priority Pass offers through different US financial institutions like credit card issuers. Priority Pass Select members can access more than 1,300 airport lounges while they wait for a departing flight. You’ll have access to free food, drinks, Wi-Fi, conference rooms, showers, and additional retail or dining in select lounges.
Although each Priority Pass Select membership is free, the amount of lounge visits a cardholder receives varies per credit card. For example, some cards may offer unlimited access, while others only offer 10 visits per year. Cards that offer unlimited visits typically charge higher annual fees. Similarly, if you purchase a membership directly through the Priority Pass website, each membership tier charges different annual fees and offers different amounts of lounge visits.
How Priority Pass Select Works
Priority Pass Select memberships are only available through select travel credit cards, which means you need to choose a card that offers this additional perk. Once you apply for a credit card and are approved, you’ll receive your card in the mail within seven to 10 days. You can present your credit card or use the Priority Pass mobile device app to gain access to Priority Pass benefits and airport lounges worldwide.
Follow these three steps to receive and use Priority Pass benefits:
- Choose a travel credit card that offers Priority Pass Select: Some personal and business credit card issuers offer travel credit cards that give you free Priority Pass memberships. If you want to access Priority Pass airport lounges for free, choose a card that offers this luxury travel perk.
- Apply for the credit card: Once you’ve found a travel credit card that fits your spending goals, apply for the card online. To get a credit card, you’ll need to provide your personal information, including your Social Security number (SSN), name, address, and income information.
- Present your card at a participating lounge: After you receive your credit card, you can use it to enter any Priority Pass airport lounge. If you want to use your membership immediately and don’t want to wait for your card to arrive in the mail, you can use Priority Pass’s mobile device app to access your digital membership card.
- Receive Priority Pass benefits: When you’re in a Priority Pass airport lounge, you’ll have access to several benefits like free food, drinks, and Wi-Fi. At some airports, you can use Priority Pass restaurant credits at participating dining locations for free food and drinks.
If you want to receive Priority Pass benefits but don’t want to apply for a new credit card, Priority Pass gives you the opportunity to get a membership without a credit card. You’ll be able to purchase a membership directly through the company’s website and receive the same benefits that some of the best travel credit cards offer.
Who Priority Pass Select is Right For
Priority Pass Select is tailored to people who travel often and fly either within or outside the US. The membership intends to make frequent travelers’ airport experiences more enjoyable as they wait for their flights to depart. Additionally, some cards like airport lounge access credit cards offer free Priority Pass memberships. This means you can access Priority Pass lounges at no additional cost besides the card’s annual fee.
Priority Pass Select is right for:
- Frequent travelers: Priority Pass offers an enhanced airport experience through more than 1,300 airport lounges worldwide. This can be beneficial to people who travel often and want to have a more enjoyable time as they wait for their flight to depart.
- People with credit cards that offer free memberships: Some personal credit cards offer free Priority Pass memberships. Check with your issuer to find out if you have a card that offers this benefit. What’s more, there are also small business credit cards that offer the same benefits if you’re a small business owner.
Priority Pass can make your airport travel more entertaining because you can access airport lounges that provide benefits like free food, drinks, and Wi-Fi. If you become a member, you can have access to exclusive airport lounges at more than 30 major U.S. airports.
Priority Pass Select Costs With a Credit Card
Some credit card issuers offer Priority Pass Select membership as a benefit that comes with specific credit cards. If you have a card that offers this benefit, you’ll receive a Priority Pass Select membership at no additional cost. However, the entrance fee for additional guests is $32 per guest. It’s important to note that cards that offer free Priority Pass memberships typically charge annuals fees from $95 to $400 or more.
Priority Pass Costs Without a Credit Card
If you don’t want to apply for a credit card, you can purchase a Priority Pass membership through the Priority Pass website. Priority Pass offers three different memberships that range from $99 to $429. However, not all memberships through the Priority Pass website offer unlimited free access, which can be a drawback to some travelers.
Credit Cards That Offer Priority Pass Select Memberships
Some travel credit cards offer Priority Pass Select as an added benefit at no additional cost. However, issuers still require you to pay the annual card fee, which generally ranges from $95 to $400 or more. Business owners also have the opportunity to receive a similar benefit if they apply for a business travel credit card with this perk.
Personal and business credit cards that offer Priority Pass Select are:
American Express Platinum Card®
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you make $5,000 in purchases in your first three months
- 5x points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel
- 5x points on prepaid hotels booked on AmexTravel.com
- Enjoy $15 in Uber Cash for U.S. rides each month plus a bonus $20 in December
- Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year
- Receive one statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or every 4.5 years after you apply for TSA Pre✓® ($85)
- Access the American Express Global Lounge CollectionSM, which unlocks access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries and counting.
The American Express Platinum Card® is best for frequent travelers who want to receive Uber ride credits and unlimited free access to Priority Pass airport lounges. You’ll earn 5x points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel and 5x points on prepaid hotels booked on AmexTravel.com. If you’re a business owner, consider the business version of this card—the American Express Business Platinum Card®.
Note: The information related to the American Express Platinum Card® has been collected by Fit Small Business and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Receiving exceptional travel rewards and benefits
- 50,000 Bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Automatically receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3x Points on Travel and Dining
Note: The information related to Chase Sapphire Reserve® has been collected by Fit Small Business and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
- Annual travel credit
- Rewards are worth 50% more when redeemed for travel
- Complimentary airport lounge access
- High annual fee that’s never waived
- Lower reward redemption value for merchandise
- Requires excellent personal credit
- Airport lounge access: Enjoy access to more than 1,000 priority pass lounges worldwide for free prior to airline travel.
- Annual travel credit: You’ll receive a $300 annual travel credit that can be applied liberally toward your travel purchases.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: Coverage is primary—meaning it replaces any coverage your personal insurance might offer—when renting for business purposes. It provides reimbursement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle for theft and collision damage for most cars in the U.S. and abroad.
- Trip delay insurance: If your travel is delayed more than 12 hours or you require an overnight stay as a result of a delay, you’re covered for unreimbursed expenses, such as meals and lodging, up to $500.
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® fee credit: Receive a statement credit of up to $100 every four years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card.
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance: Covers up to $10,000 per trip for prepaid, nonrefundable travel expenses if your trip is cut short or interrupted by sickness or bad weather.
Chase Sapphire Reserve® offers unlimited access to all Priority Pass airport lounges worldwide. You’ll earn an annual travel credit worth up to $300 as a reimbursement for travel purchases made on your card. Once you receive your credit, you’ll earn up to three points on travel-related purchases worldwide. Additionally, you can receive Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® application reimbursements every four years.
Note: The information related to the Chase Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card has been collected by Fit Small Business and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
Gaining access to unrivaled travel rewards and luxury travel perks like airport lounge access
- Welcome Offer: Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's an extra half point per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year when you book on amextravel.com.
- Breeze through security with CLEAR® where available and get up to $179 back per year on your membership when you use your Card.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- PAY OVER TIME OPTION: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.
- Terms Apply.
- Free access to more than 1,200 airport lounges worldwide
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® membership fee reimbursements
- Balance is due in full monthly
- Steep $595 annual fee
- American Express lounges: Free access to American Express’ network of Centurion lounges located in slightly less than a dozen US airports.
- Other airport lounges: Priority Pass Select membership, which gets you free access to more than 1,000 lounges worldwide for you and two guests.
- Airport screening: Either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry every 4 years or $85 statement credit for TSA Pre✓® once every 4 1/2 years.
- Travel credit: A $200 annual statement credit toward air travel expenses like baggage fees and inflight food and drink.
- Rental status: Elite status at a number of car rental agencies.
- Free Wi-Fi: 10 annual free Gogo inflight Wi-Fi passes.
- Rebate for redeemed points: 35% points rebate if you book a business or first-class flight, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Dell statement credit: Up to $200 in statement credits annually for Dell purchases.
If you’re a business owner and want to receive access to thousands of airport lounges, choose the American Express Business Platinum Card®. It offers cardholders unlimited free access to the American Express Global Lounge CollectionSM, which includes all Priority Pass airport lounges and more. Additionally, you’ll earn up to 5x points on travel purchases made through American Express and a sign-up bonus worth up to $1,000 in travel.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
Maximizing rewards on Hilton-related purchases
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, Earn Up to $100 in Statement Credits on eligible purchases made on the Card at any of the Hilton family of hotels in the first 12 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/25/2021.
- Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card: 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases, 3X on all other eligible purchases. Terms & Limitations Apply.
- Enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn another Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year.
- Terms apply.
- 10 free Priority Pass airport lounge visits per year
- Receive complimentary Hilton Gold Status
- Redemption options other than hotel stays are poor
- Hilton points are only worth 50% of other hotel loyalty programs
- Complimentary Gold Status: You will receive complimentary Hilton Honors Gold Status, which gets you additional benefits like complimentary breakfast and rollover nights.
- Free weekend night reward: Earn a free weekend night reward after you spend $15,000 in one year; earn a second weekend night reward after you spend $60,000 in one year.
- Purchase protection: Covers your purchases for 120 days from purchase date if they’re damaged or stolen; coverage is limited to $1,000 per item and $50,000 per year.
- Extended warranty protection: Offers up to an additional two years of coverage on manufacturers’ warranties of five years or less.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is best for business owners who are Hilton Hotel customers and don’t need unlimited access Priority Pass airport lounges. Instead, this card offers 10 free visits per year to Priority Pass airport lounges. Once you use your 10 visits, it will cost $32 per visit. If you want to receive unlimited access to Priority Pass lounges, choose the American Express Business Platinum Card®.
Priority Pass Select Membership Benefits
Priority Pass allows frequent travelers to get away from the busy airport terminal while you wait for your flight to depart. In Priority Pass airport lounges, you’ll have access to benefits like free Wi-Fi and food.
With Priority Pass, you’ll receive:
- A quiet space to relax or work in while you wait for your flight
- Complimentary pre-flight food and drinks
- Free Wi-Fi and charging stations
- Conference rooms and showers
Each Priority Pass airport lounge may offer different amenities. Consider checking which lounges and amenities are available at the airport you’re traveling through. You can learn about Priority Pass airport lounge details through its website or mobile device app.
Priority Pass Select Restaurant Credits
Priority Pass Select also offers restaurant credits at a selection of major US airports, depending on your credit card. Restaurant credits typically range from $28 to $30, which members can use for food and drinks at participating locations. This credit typically also applies to one guest, which means you can get up to $60 of free food and drinks, all you need to pay is the tip.
As of Aug. 1, 2019, American Express cardholders no longer receive credits to use at restaurants or bars through their Priority Pass Select memberships. You still can access the Priority Pass airport lounges, however, the non-lounge perks have been removed from the issuer’s Priority Pass Select program. Chase and U.S. Bank still offer restaurant credits.
Priority Pass Select US Airport Lounge Locations
Priority Pass has more than 1,300 airport lounge locations worldwide. What’s more, you can find these airport lounges at more than 30 major US airports, including Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), San Francisco International Airport (SFO), and John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). To see if your preferred airport offers Priority Pass airport lounges, view the Priority Pass map.
Priority Pass vs Priority Pass Select
Both Priority Pass and Priority Pass select give travelers access to select airport lounges worldwide. Priority Pass is the name of the company that offers memberships to Priority Pass airport lounges, while Priority Pass Select is a benefit some travel credit cards offer as part of its program. If you don’t have a credit card that offers Priority Pass Select, you can purchase Priority Pass memberships directly from the website, starting at $99 per year.
Priority Pass membership fees through its website are:
- Standard: $99 per year—you get no free passes and you’ll have to pay $32 per visit
- Standard Plus: $299 per year—includes 10 free visits, then $32 per visit
- Prestige: $429 per year—includes unlimited visits at no cost
Although all options are paid memberships, only one membership—Prestige—offers complimentary unlimited visits to Priority Pass airport lounges. Additionally, all membership levels—Standard, Standard Plus, and Prestige—charge $32 per additional guest. There are some credit cards, including the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card ($95 per year) that offer 10 free visits and charge annual fees less than what you’d pay for a membership that offers the same amount of visits per year.
Pros & Cons of Priority Pass Select
Priority Pass Select is tailored to travelers who already have a credit card that offers this perk or are in the market for a top-tier travel credit card. You’ll have access to an exclusive airport lounge that provides free food, drinks, and Wi-Fi, alongside other benefits. However, not all travel credit cards offer this free membership, but the ones that do typically charge high annual fees.
Pros of the Priority Pass Select
Pros of Priority Pass Select are:
- Enhances overall airport experience: Priority Pass airport lounges aim to make a traveler’s airport experience more enjoyable. Members will have access to quiet lounges away from the main terminal, complimentary food and drinks, and free Wi-Fi.
- Available at more than 30 major US airports: Priority Pass has over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide. Additionally, you can access these airport lounges at more than 30 major US airports. Visit the Priority Pass site to see if your preferred airport offers a Priority Pass airport lounge.
- Free through select credit cards: Travelers have the opportunity to receive Priority Pass benefits for free through some travel credit cards. The membership comes at no additional cost, however, these cards typically charge annual fees from $95 to $400 or more.
Cons of the Priority Pass Select
Cons of Priority Pass Select are:
- Only offered through some travel credit cards: Not all credit card issuers offer these airport lounge memberships. If you already have a travel credit card, it’s not guaranteed that you’ll receive this membership. Contact your preferred issuer to find out if they offer this perk.
- Cards that offer it typically charge high annual fees: Travel credit cards that offer free Priority Pass memberships generally carry high annual fees. Some of the best travel credit cards that offer this benefit charge up to $550 annually, which can be a drawback for many travelers.
- Some Priority Pass Select memberships are limited: If you choose a travel credit card that offers a free membership, be sure to check with your credit card issuer to find out what it includes. Some memberships only allow 10 free visits per year before you have to pay $32 per visit.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Priority Pass Select
We covered a lot of information on Priority Pass Select and its benefits. Some questions are asked more often than others, and we address those here.
The most frequently asked questions about Priority Pass are:
What do you get with Priority Pass Select?
Priority Pass Select is a luxury travel benefit that some top-tier travel credit cards offer cardholders. It gives cardholders access to more than 1,300 Priority Pass lounges worldwide across 130 countries. You’ll have access to amenities such as free food and drinks, complimentary Wi-Fi, showers, and conference rooms.
Which credit cards offer Priority Pass?
Frequent travelers can receive access to Priority Pass airport lounges through different high-end travel credit cards, such as the American Express Platinum Card® and Chase Sapphire Reserve®. Memberships offered by credit card issuers are known as Priority Pass Select, which provide the same benefits as memberships purchased through the Priority Pass website.
How long does it take for Priority Pass Select to arrive?
Once you’re approved for a card that offers Priority Pass Select, your card will arrive within seven to 10 days. You can use this to access airport lounges or, if you need to access an airport lounge before then, you can download the Priority Pass mobile device app to access your digital membership card.
Priority Pass Select is a benefit that some top-tier travel credit cards offer cardholders. If you have Priority Pass Select, you’ll be able to access Priority Pass airport lounges as you wait for your flight to depart. These lounges typically offer free food and drinks, Wi-Fi and charging stations, and conference rooms. Credit cards that offer this perk generally charge annual fees starting at $95.
If you travel frequently, we recommend choosing a travel credit card that offers a free Priority Pass membership. For example, the American Express Business Platinum Card® cardholders access to all Priority Pass airport lounges. Additionally, you can earn up to 5x points on travel-related purchases made through American Express. You can apply online in a matter of minutes.
For rates and fees on the American Express Business Platinum Card®, please click here.