Real estate cold calling scripts are pre-planned phone conversations that help you clearly communicate your services and expertise with potential buyer and seller leads. Whether you’re responding to an online form, speaking with a ready buyer, or reconnecting with past clients, scripts organize your thoughts so you can make meaningful human-to-human connections. To be effective, personalize and modify them to address the specific needs of each potential client.
Implementing cold calling scripts for real estate optimizes communication with new potential leads. When paired with software like REDX, you gain access to homeowner contact information and data so you can call, use scripts, and turn the contacts into clients. REDX provides lists of vetted leads for expired listings, FSBOs, and preforeclosures, along with free script practice.
Read and download our 10 best real estate cold calling scripts below to have scripts ready to go when you need them to connect with a potential client.
1. Responding to an Online Form Script
This real estate cold call script aims to convert a lead’s online inquiry into a face-to-face meeting. Begin by gently reminding them of their inquiry for information or listing details, and follow up within an hour for higher chances of conversion. Since leads often inquire with multiple agents, introduce yourself and clarify how you acquired their contact information to establish a connection and alleviate the cold call discomfort. If they can’t talk immediately, schedule a time to call back or schedule a future appointment.
2. Mutual Interest Cold Calling Script
Sharing a mutual interest helps you easily connect with your lead, keeping the mood casual yet productive. This cold calling script for real estate emphasizes your association with the lead and ability to serve them effectively. Notably, 63% of homesellers opt for agents referred by friends or family. Most younger Millennials (50%) and older Millennial buyers (44%) also found their agent primarily through referrals. Calling this contact keeps you top of mind as a trusted and successful real estate agent and gives you access to their network.
To find more leads who share a mutual interest, explore other ways to get referrals from past clients in our article How to Get Referrals & Generate Quality Leads.
3. Recent Nearby Sale Script
After a successful home sale, use this script to connect with neighboring homeowners and gain new leads. Highlight how the work you did with a recent sale indicates their home’s potential value and your ability to secure profitable deals. Use this script as a real estate prospecting tool and emphasize the sale’s speed, price, and number of offers received. Share local market trends to persuade them that now is a great time to sell, and conclude by offering a free home valuation.
4. Home Valuation Script
This realtor cold calling script encourages homeowners to recognize their home’s value and consider selling it in the current market. It illustrates what the market trend could mean for them in actual dollar amounts. Expect varying responses, as some may already be aware of rising neighborhood prices, while others may not fully grasp their home’s worth. Your goal is to stress the urgency of selling the property while current market conditions are favorable. Schedule an appointment for a free and quick pricing assessment.
If you’re looking for a real estate marketing platform with a home valuation tool, try Real Geeks. Create unlimited home valuation landing pages and direct your leads to your website so they can check how much their property is worth. Real Geek also provides customizable Internet Data Exchange (IDX) websites, a client relationship management (CRM) platform, and lead generation tools for an all-in-one sales and marketing solution.
5. Ready Buyer Cold Calling Script
In this real estate cold calling script, you suggest a sales opportunity to homeowners who may not have considered it yet. Sharing insights on the current neighborhood homebuying demand and the potential for a high sale price can catch their attention and encourage them to consider selling. If they express curiosity, offer a quick pricing assessment and book an appointment. Expect some initial disinterest, but be understanding and leave them with a neighborhood price statistic and a way to contact you if they change their minds. Follow up in a few days to gauge interest.
6. Neighborhood Expert Script
This script connects you with homeowners in the neighborhood and offers your service as their agent in the future. Anticipating their eventual interest in selling, use this opportunity to listen to their needs and showcase your real estate skills. Approach the conversation like a job interview and swiftly explain why they should trust you. The main goal is to schedule a meeting to assess their home’s worth and discuss a selling strategy. You can also prepare a real estate elevator pitch highlighting your expertise and how it benefits them.
Display your local real estate expertise to neighboring homeowners by creating real estate community pages. Check out our expert’s Guide to Real Estate Community Pages: Why & How to Create Them to learn how.
7. For Sale by Owner (FSBO) Script
FSBO leads choose to sell independently without agent involvement, believing that doing so will save them time, effort, and/or money. However, you can use this cold calling real estate script to demonstrate your unique value and present a solution that helps them sell their home faster and for more money. To address the homeowner’s hesitation, share some research about the property early in the conversation. Your objective is to schedule an initial appointment to build on your connection and close the sale.
Get contact information for For Sale by Owner (FSBO), For Rent by Owner (FRBO), and foreclosure, geo-targeted, and expired leads through a service like REDX for as low as $49.99 per month. REDX also offers tools like power dialer, multi-line dialer, brand builder, and Vortex to make cold calls and manage your leads more efficiently.
Read our REDX Review: Is It Right for Your Real Estate Business? to find out how our experts feel about this real estate lead generation software.
8. Expired Listing Script
The goal of this cold calling script for expired real estate listings is to demonstrate your distinct approach to a successful sale and convince the homeowner to choose you as their new agent to relist the property. The seller might be distrustful due to a previous agent’s failure to sell their home, so focus on one key improvement during the call to encourage the homeowner. Suggest having a client meeting to review the previous agent’s efforts and outline your strategy for promoting their listing.
For more expired listing scripts, check out our Top 5 Expired Listing Scripts That Convert and download the scripts to use on potential clients.
9. Probate Lead Cold Calling Script
Probate leads are in the middle of emotional, legal, and logistical difficulties, so be mindful of these when making a call to acquire probate leads. Use a connection they already know, like a lawyer, family member, or friend, as a reference to build trust. This probate cold calling script emphasizes the need to approach the situation gently and with an understanding of their grief. If the seller sounds upset or disconnected, it is best to call back another time. You can subtly offer yourself as a resource without trying to push a sale.
To discover probate leads, use an event-driven predictive analytics tool like Catalyze AI. The platform specializes in farming exclusive motivated seller leads. For as low as $120 per month, you can get 10 exclusive inheritance listing leads within a 50-mile radius. Moreover, its event-driven data, historical data, behavioral analytics, and real-time data results will help boost your success in converting leads.
10. Reconnection Script
This real estate cold call script is for soliciting reviews and referrals from previous clients, leveraging their familiarity with your service to enhance your reputation with new prospects. Reaching out every six months or on special occasions via email sustains a mutually beneficial relationship. It allows them to refer their network to you while you render ongoing real estate advice. After obtaining a review, express gratitude with a thank-you note or a real estate gift.
Tips for Using Real Estate Scripts for Cold Calling
Cold calling can be one of the hardest (and most intimidating) real estate lead generation strategies for agents to execute successfully. Even with a remarkable cold calling script for real estate, you still have to personalize the message, communicate your value proposition clearly, and move the sellers toward a decision. With this in mind, here are nine pieces of advice on cold calling.
- Practice your script: Practice your cold call real estate script every day for at least 30 minutes to improve your composure, sound more natural, and create a more genuine connection with your lead.
- Personalize the script: Even the best script will fall flat if the delivery is not personalized, believable, and engaging. Use the cold calling scripts for real estate agents as your guide, but ensure the wording and tone are true to your personality.
- Make adjustments in the conversation: No matter how much you practice, you can’t predict how each lead will respond to you. Be ready to go off-script and make adjustments in the conversation as necessary.
- Believe what you are saying: If you don’t genuinely want to help your leads solve their problems, this can be conveyed through your tone during your call. Cold calling is like making a new friend and offering a service they truly need.
- Define the outcome you want: Having a goal makes your calls more productive. Set a simple goal like setting up a virtual meeting or getting the name of a neighborhood lead.
- Stay consistent: Consistently making cold calls will build your confidence and improve your chances of reaching potential customers ready to convert. As per statistics, 17% of sales representatives report making 60-plus dials daily. 30% report making 40 to 59 dials daily, and 31% report making 20 to 39 dials daily.
- Use your sphere of influence: It’s much easier to make a cold call feel natural when you know your lead through a mutual connection. Based on statistics, 76% of buyer leads would recommend their agent to others. Check in on your friends, family, and previous leads to get real estate referrals to drive your future pipeline.
- Call during slow real estate seasons: Regular cold calls can maintain a steady flow of leads throughout the year, even during slower real estate months.
- Find a point of connection: When making a call, find a commonality with the lead. Having a point of contact or familiarity will make your leads feel more comfortable during the call.
Cold Calling Statistics
Enhance your lead conversion rates by knowing the best day and time for your cold calls. Based on a 30-week study conducted by CallHippo, the prime window to make sales calls falls between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., as they are high connection times. You can still expect good responses between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., since most businesses and prospects are on lunch breaks and have time to answer your call.
The study also found that Wednesday generated the most phone conversations on the first attempt, making it the best day to make your cold call, followed by Thursday. Since Monday is usually the busiest day of the week and post-lunch Friday is when some typically enter weekend mode, it’s advisable to avoid making cold calls during these days.
Consider the following cold calling statistics to improve your chances of securing a meeting:
Alternatives to Cold Calling
Cold calling is not the only way to connect to new leads. If you’re hesitant to make a cold call, try these other options to find new leads for your real estate business:
- Buy real estate leads: Using the services of a lead generation provider is the fastest way to collect leads and create lists of potential clients to produce revenue. Check out our article on the 7 Best Places to Buy Real Estate Leads to see which provider is the right fit for you.
- Send prospecting letters: Real estate prospecting letters are designed for agents to reach leads, potential clients, and past clients via direct mail. Using direct mail can capture the attention of potential clients and generate leads more effectively for your business compared to online materials.
- Engage through social media: Explore platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram to connect with potential leads through organic content, networking, and direct messaging.
- Attend networking events: Attend local events, industry conferences, and community gatherings to establish connections with individuals who might be interested in your real estate services.
- Build a professional real estate website: Building your own real estate website with your listings, branding, reviews, and information about your expertise builds trust and makes it easy for new real estate clients to reach out to you.
- Tap your sphere of influence (SOI) for referrals: Your SOI consists of people who are already familiar with and trust you, such as your friends, family, colleagues, agents in different locations, or community business peers. These individuals can help spread the word about your services to their own network of friends and family, potentially leading to more referrals for your real estate business.
Read additional tips for generating clients in our article 10 Expert Tips on How to Get Clients in Real Estate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To be a good cold caller in real estate, you need to have a clear and confident tone of voice. You should also know your cold calling script for real estate by heart and be able to handle objections effectively. Additionally, it’s important to research your leads and tailor your approach to their specific needs and interests. Finally, be persistent but respectful, and always follow up with your leads in a timely manner.
One way to get real estate clients without cold calling is to utilize social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. These allow you to connect with potential clients and showcase your expertise. Another approach is to ask friends and family for referrals via email to acquire more leads.
Attending networking events, joining local real estate groups, and collaborating with other professionals in related industries can also help you expand your reach and build relationships with potential clients. Furthermore, creating valuable content, such as blog posts, infographics, and videos, can establish you as a thought leader in the industry, making it easier to attract clients who are interested in your services.
To introduce yourself as a real estate agent, you can use the sample script below.
Hello there! My name is [Your Name], and I’m a licensed real estate agent with [Your Company Name]. I’m excited to help you with all your real estate needs. Whether you’re looking to buy, sell, or rent, I’m here to guide you through the process. With my expertise in the local market and my commitment to providing exceptional customer service, I am confident that I can help you achieve your real estate goals. So, tell me, how can I assist you today?
Make sure to personalize and modify your introduction to address your target lead and their needs specifically.
Using real estate cold calling scripts will boost your confidence and develop your skills even before the call takes place. These scripts make you sound more prepared and enable you to lead the conversation. To avoid stumbling over words or sounding robotic during the call, practice reading from your script several times before picking up the phone. Take advantage of a service like REDX to help you with role-playing until your message sounds natural and genuine.