In Florida, real estate agents are required to complete 14 hours of continuing education courses every two years. After researching many different schools, we chose the best six real estate continuing education providers in Florida based on the most relevant and specific criteria.
Did you know? Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: DBPR Emergency Order 2020-07 extends 2020 renewals until December 31, 2020 for the holder of any license issued by the Florida Real Estate Commission with an existing renewal deadline falling within June 2020 through December 2020.
Real Estate Continuing Education Provider
(Best Overall) Agents who want the best mix of course flexibility and Florida-based real estate examples
Real estate professionals who want CE courses and additional career resources
Sales associates and brokers who are looking for a high degree of course variety
Agents who want the most affordable Florida CE package
Established agents and brokers who are relocating to Florida from a reciprocal state
Professionals who prefer to learn from video how-to style lessons
How We Evaluated Real Estate Continuing Education Providers for Florida
There are 14 hours of required continuing education courses that Florida real estate agents must complete and submit every two years, and it must include two required courses about law and ethics. However, the difference between courses can vary significantly among real estate providers. We evaluated each provider by the most important criteria for agents, like price, features, and course formats.
This is the criteria used to evaluate the best continuing education (CE) providers:
- Length of course access
- Course formats
- Customer support
When it’s time to renew your Florida real estate license, you’ll find that CE course providers vary greatly. However, based on these criteria, we chose Gold Coast Schools as the best overall Florida real estate continuing education school for its highly rated course bundle, mobile-friendly platform, and length of access to instructive material.
Gold Coast Schools: Best Overall Florida Real Estate Continuing Education Provider
What it is: Gold Coast Schools are a Florida-based real estate education provider with multiple locations and offices throughout the state.
Why it’s great for real estate continuing education in Florida: Gold Coast Schools offers online continuing education courses. However, it also has eight different locations for in-person instruction, which gives Florida real estate professionals the most flexibility in terms of learning preferences. But what also sets it apart from other continuing education providers is its year-long access to course materials, which allows students to purchase courses well in advance and learn at their own pace.
Pros of Gold Coast Schools
Cons of Gold Coast Schools
One year of course access
No individual elective course options
Eight physical locations throughout Florida
In-person is most expensive on our list
One of highest customer satisfaction ratings
Gold Coast Schools Pricing
- 14-hour online CE package costs $19.95
- 14-hour in-person CE package costs $99
- 45-hour sales associate post-license course required for first-time renewals costs $199
- Individual courses cost $15
Gold Coast Schools Features
- Courses offer online, in-person, and through livestream
- One year of online course access, the longest on our list
- Gold Coast also allows you to attend a three-hour business ethics or three-hour core law course (courses required as part of the state-mandated 14 hours of continuing education) without purchasing a continuing education bundle, but does not offer other a la carte elective courses
- Customer support is available by phone, email, and live chat seven days a week
What Students Say About Gold Coast Schools
Gold Coast Schools has an almost perfect rating of 4.9 on Google with 467 reviews. Not only do students give them 5 stars, they rave about the knowledgeable and helpful instructors and customer service.
McKissock Learning: Best CE Florida Provider for Professional Development
What it is: McKissock Learning is a partner of Real Estate Express, offering high-quality real estate continuing education courses in every state.
Why it’s great for real estate continuing education in Florida: McKissock is the only school that provides the option of a CE membership, which includes all the required coursework along with additional webinars and tools to help build your professional knowledge. This can be a great value for real estate professionals who are seeking mentorship in addition to fulfilling state licensing requirements.
Pros of McKissock Learning
Cons of McKissock Learning
Offers webinars, online, and correspondence courses
Does not offer live, in-person instruction
Individual courses are more expensive than other Florida providers
Membership option includes valuable professional development tools
McKissock Learning Pricing
- 14-hour renewal package costs $19.95
- Individual courses range from $14.97 to $19.97
- Monthly CE membership costs $57
- Frequent discounts offered
- Satisfaction guarantee
McKissock Learning Features
- All courses are offered online and certified by ARELLO and IDECC
- Six months of course access
- Enrollment in its CE membership program includes access to all required CE courses plus coaching tools, webinars, how-to videos, a 90-day boot camp, and job aids
- McKissock Learning also offers continuing education for professionals who want to grow into other real estate careers, such as appraisal and home inspection
- Streamlined customer support options: multiple online forms, phone, and email
What Students Say About McKissock
Students on Indeed gave McKissock a high rating of 4.5 stars. They stated that the courses are easy to understand, the website is user-friendly, and the information is relevant to their career. A few negative reviews came from students who were not aware of their course expiration date.
The CE Shop: Best Real Estate Continuing Education Provider for Course Variety
What it is: The CE Shop is a well-known online course provider that specializes in real estate continuing education in every state.
Why it’s great for real estate continuing education in Florida: The CE Shop offers bundles to meet Florida’s continuing education requirements. It also offers 26 affordably priced individual CE course options for Florida real estate professionals, including courses that meet the National Association of Realtors (NAR) ethics requirements, making it a great option for established professionals who want to pick and choose what they want to study as well as when and where they want to complete their required coursework.
Pros of The CE Shop
Cons of The CE Shop
Widest range of a la carte course selection
No instructor access
Ethics courses fulfill NAR requirements
No in-person instruction
Highly rated courses
The CE Shop Pricing
- 14-hour package costs $19
- Individual courses range from $9 to $15
- Frequent discounts available
- Referral program
The CE Shop Features
- All courses are online and are interactive, featuring real-world practice exercises
- Multiple ethics courses are available to fulfill the National Association of Realtors code of ethics training requirement
- 26 individual course choices
- Six months of course access
- Customer support available by live chat, email, and phone
What Students Say About The CE Shop
The CE Shop has an excellent rating of 4.7 on Trustpilot. Thousands of students state that the courses are informative, easy to follow, and convenient. A few students noted they would have appreciated audio or video components.
Mbition: Most Affordable Florida Real Estate Continuing Education Provider
What it is: Mbition is an online course platform that offers real estate education in a small number of states as well as separate additional resources.
Why it’s great for real estate continuing education in Florida: Mbition offers the lowest price on a CE course package in Florida, and sometimes offers discounts. This is the best package choice for real estate professionals in search of a bargain.
Pros of Mbition
Cons of Mbition
Low-cost CE course bundle
Lacks individual courses
Frequent discounts available
No in-person or live instruction
Additional books and resources offered
Very few ratings
- 14-hour CE package costs $18.99
- No individual courses available, but the school does give you the option to purchase textbooks, e-books, and other study materials
- Frequent discounts available
- All ARELLO-approved courses are online and supported on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices
- Six months of course access, but there is a three-month extension available after you finish the course
- Professional development video series course available, as well as many other books and resources for real estate agents and brokers
- Customer support available five days a week by phone and online form
What Students Say About Mbition
There are currently no third-party reviews for Mbition online, most likely because they recently merged with OnCourse Learning. However, OnCourse was a well-known course provider with straightforward and helpful courses at an affordable price point.
Bob Hogue School of Real Estate: Best Continuing Education Provider for Relocated Agents
What it is: Bob Hogue School of Real Estate is a Florida-specific real estate course provider.
Why it’s great for real estate continuing education in Florida: Bob Hogue School of Real Estate offers multiple course formats: online, via correspondence, and will eventually resume on-site instruction in its four locations once the pandemic is over. In addition, this school offers courses designed for agents transferring from another state and programs designed for veterans and military spouses, making it a good alternative for experienced newcomers.
Pros of Bob Hogue School of Real Estate
Cons of Bob Hogue School of Real Estate
Correspondence course allows you to receive a physical textbook
Classroom courses cost significantly more than online courses
Lowest cost in-person instruction
Only two individual course options
Accessible instructor and tech support
Bob Hogue School of Real Estate Pricing
- 14-hour package costs $19.95 for either the self-paced online or correspondence course
- 14-hour package in a classroom costs $75
- Individual courses cost $14.95
Bob Hogue School of Real Estate Features
- All courses are online and self-paced unless you sign up for an in-classroom learning experience.
- Students have six months of course access
- Students can use an Apple device to complete reading exercises, but unfortunately, interactive elements are not supported.
- Instructor is available for questions by phone Monday through Friday
- Technical support is available seven days a week
What Students Say About Bob Hogue School of Real Estate
The majority of Google reviews for Bob Hogue School of Real Estate are students raving about the school, stating that the online and in-person courses were interesting, engaging, and prepared them well for the exam. However, there are also some negative reviews from students who did not like the classroom instruction and did not have a good experience with customer support.
At Your Pace Online: Best Real Estate Continuing Education Florida Provider for Audio/Visual Learners
What it is: At Your Pace Online is a growing online course provider that specializes in creating mobile-friendly mortgage and real estate continuing education courses.
Why it’s great for real estate continuing education in Florida: At Your Pace Online is the only Florida real estate continuing education school on our list that offers video lessons from a real estate instructor instead of text-heavy modules. This can be a convenient and effective way for Florida-based audio and visual learners to complete their CE requirements compared to other offerings as it does not require you to attend a class in person.
Pros of At Your Pace Online
Cons of At Your Pace Online
Only Florida school to offer video lessons
Only one package option offered
Five individual course options
No additional tools included
Accessible customer support
At Your Pace Online Pricing
- 14-hour continuing education package costs $19
- Individual courses range from $9 to $15, depending on credit hours
- At Your Pace Online also offers a 45-hour sales associate post-licensing course for $99
- Satisfaction guarantee
At Your Pace Online Features
- All courses are online and taught by a real estate instructor in a video style similar to what you see in how-to videos rather than the text-based format favored by other providers
- Individual courses with varying credit hours are available
- Customer support available by phone or online form
What Students Say About At Your Pace Online
At Your Pace Online has the most reviews on their Facebook page, where they have a strong rating of 4.7. Students say that the courses are informative, easy to navigate, and that the customer service is extremely helpful. There was only one negative review with outdated information.