To renew your real estate license in Minnesota (MN), you are required to complete 15 hours of approved continuing education (CE) courses each calendar year. Within a two-year cycle, you must submit a total of 30 hours of CE by June 30. Here are the best real estate continuing education MN course providers based on specific criteria.
Best Real Estate Continuing Education MN Schools
(Best Overall) Agents wanting a choice of live or on-demand courses
Agents wanting to hand-select each course topic
NAR members looking to fulfill CE and ethics requirements in one course
Professionals wanting to learn from video courses
Agents who want a CE membership that provides extra tools
Agents looking for the most affordable method of renewing their license
How We Evaluated Minnesota Continuing Education Classes & Schools
There are many different types of online schools for real estate agents in Minnesota to renew their license. In order to help you choose which real estate continuing education school is the best choice for you, we evaluated more than 10 options and chose the top six based on the following criteria:
- Course delivery methods
- Number of course options
- Length of course access
- Customer reviews
- Customer support
After considering these criteria, we chose Kaplan as the best CE course provider to help you renew your real estate license. Their variety of course format options and course topics is unrivaled.
Kaplan: Best Overall Real Estate Continuing Education MN
What it is: Kaplan is a highly rated online course provider that offers the most course delivery formats.
Why it’s great for MN real estate continuing education: Kaplan offers live and on-demand CE packages for Minnesota real estate agents and brokers, as well as customized packages with multiple formats of your choice.
Option to build your own 15-hour package
Many course prices are higher than other MN providers
Engaging and informative courses
Not every course includes video
- CE packages range from $99 to $499
- Individual courses range from $19 to $65
- Build your own CE packages are either $99 or $159
- All courses are offered online
- CE advantage packages allow you to combine multiple course formats
- Six months of course access
- Courses for agents and brokers
- Can purchase individual courses
- Unique topic choices
- Offers professional development tools and resources
- Customer support is available by phone and email during business hours, and tech support is available 24/7
What Students Say About Kaplan
The vast majority of students rave about the way the courses are organized and taught. However, some recent students are unhappy that they couldn’t get their courses extended because of COVID-19.
Continuing Ed Express: Best for Individual Course Selection
What it is: Continuing Ed Express is a Minnesota-based online course provider specifically for real estate professionals.
Why it’s great for MN real estate continuing education: Continuing Ed Express has many CE courses in a variety of topics and allows you to build your own course package. This is the best choice for real estate agents and brokers who want a truly custom CE learning experience.
Continuing Ed Express Pros
Continuing Ed Express Cons
Allows you to choose each course within a package
No preset bundled packages available
Offers audio and video courses
Customer support is only available during business hours
Continuing Ed Express Pricing
- Individual courses range from $16.95 to $29.95
- $20 discount when you Build Your Own Package with 15 or more credits
Continuing Ed Express Features
- Build your Own Package option
- Courses include self-assessment activities and practice exams
- Offers courses on land structures, real estate marketing, client service, ethics, and more
- Audio and video courses available
- Offers an option to earn your Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI) designation through CE courses
- Customer support is available by phone, email, and online form during business hours
What Students Say About Continuing Ed Express
Continuing Ed Express has an excellent rating of 4.8 on Google. Students stated that the courses are detailed, well-presented, and that the communication from instructors is excellent. There are no negative reviews at this time.
The CE Shop: Best for Inclusion of NAR Requirements
What it is: The CE Shop is a well-known and highly respected online course provider that specializes in continuing education.
Why it’s great for MN real estate continuing education: The CE Shop offers packages and affordably priced individual courses that fulfill the ethics requirements for National Association of Realtors (NAR) members along with a variety of other topics and extended access to course material. This makes The CE Shop the best choice for Realtors who want to complete CE hours and the NAR requirements simultaneously.
The CE Shop Pros
The CE Shop Cons
33 individual course topics
Not designed for audio learners
12 months of course access
Limited course variety in terms of format
Affordable individual course prices
The CE Shop Pricing
- CE packages cost $109
- Individual courses range from $9 to $35
- Referral program available
The CE Shop Features
- Only school to offer courses and packages that include the ethics course required for NAR members
- All courses are online and text-based
- Offers 33 individual Minnesota continuing education courses
- Customer support available by phone, email, and live chat 14 hours per day
What Students Say About The CE Shop
The CE Shop has excellent ratings online with students saying that the courses are easy to follow and have helped them in their career. Some students have said they wished there were some audio components to the courses to make them more accessible.
Real Estate Training Institute: Best for Video Courses
What it is: Real Estate Training Institute is a division of Certified Training Institute, which offers real estate courses in every state.
Why it’s great for MN real estate continuing education: Real Estate Training Institute is the only school in which all CE courses are made up of video how-to recordings from instructors. There are also printable subtitles, which makes this the best choice for professionals who learn best from instructor-led lectures but want to take a course online versus attending class on site.
Real Estate Training Institute Pros
Real Estate Training Institute Cons
Only school with video in every course
Only one package option
Most affordable CE package option
Not as many individual course topics as other providers
Extremely highly rated
Real Estate Training Institute Pricing
- CE package costs $99
- Individual courses range from $29 to $52
Real Estate Training Institute Features
- All courses are made of HD video with subtitles and printable text
- All courses are taught by experienced real estate instructors
- Customer support is available by phone, email, and live chat during business hours
- Professional development courses available at an additional price
What Students Say About Real Estate Training Institute
On Trustpilot, Real Estate Training Institute has an extremely high rating of 4.8. Students enthusiastically express how the program is easy to navigate, the instruction is extremely informative, and customer service is helpful. A small number of students said they experienced tech glitches, but the Real Estate Training Institute support team was able to solve their issue.
McKissock Learning: Best CE Provider With Professional Development Tools
What it is: McKissock Learning is a sister site of Real Estate Express, and has been used by millions of professionals for their online education.
Why it’s great for MN real estate continuing education: McKissock Learning is the only online school to offer a membership option for agents or brokers who need to complete CE courses, but who also want to take advantage of professional resources such as real estate coaching and added tools like checklists and how-to videos.
McKissock Learning Pros
McKissock Learning Cons
CE membership option
No instructor access
Highest number of individual course topics
Coaching tools cost extra unless you pay for the annual membership option
Some courses include video components
McKissock Learning Pricing
- CE packages cost $109
- Individual courses range from $19 to $35
- Monthly CE membership is $146
- Frequent promo codes offered
McKissock Learning Features
- CE membership includes access to all CE courses, webinar library, boot camp, job aids, and real estate coaching
- 41 individual CE courses
- Offers a referral program
- Some courses include video
- Six months of course access
- Customer support available by phone, email, and live chat seven days a week
What Students Say About McKissock Learning
Students on Indeed gave McKissock Learning 4.5 stars. They stated that the course is well-organized, affordable, and relevant to their careers. A few unhappy reviews were from students who did not know their courses would expire.
Mbition: Best for Affordable Courses
What it is: Mbition is a certified online course platform offering affordable courses for real estate agents and brokers.
Why it’s great for MN real estate continuing education: While most Minnesota CE courses providers offer courses that are similarity priced, Mbition allows you to purchase individual courses at the lowest price. This makes it a great option for budget-conscious professionals who need a few more CE hours to complete their requirements and don’t want to pay for a more expensive bundle.
Most affordable individual CE courses
Only 13 individual course choices
Easy to navigate
Customer support not available on weekends
Package price is higher than Real Estate Training Institute
- CE package costs $109
- Individual courses range from $29 to $49
- Frequent discounts offered
- All courses are online and text-based
- Real estate library offers many additional books and resources to further grow your skills
- Customer support available by phone and email during business hours
What Students Say About Mbition
It is difficult to find online reviews for Mbition, most likely because it is a recent offshoot of parent brand OnCourse Learning. However, OnCourse was highly rated, and testimonials on their website state that classes are user-friendly and easy to follow.