What does the company do well? This software is helping us simplify and streamline our ability to deliver online training to students at an affordable cost. We needed many features that were hard to find in SaaS-based LMS solutions and WP plugins. Here's a list of features that pushed us towards LearnDash because it worked with our stack or is helping us upgrade it:1. Integration with Zapier (allows communication with our Podio CRM hub)
2. Integration with any Shopping cart with One-Click Upsells. We will be migrating to SamCart after 6 years with Nanacast.
3. Ability to "Recycle" LMS content. (i.e. use one lecture in multiple classes)
4. Progress % for classes so students can see their progress.
5. Forum integration for class discussions. We chose BBPress and it works perfectly with it.
6. ActiveCampaign integration for email management.LearnDash included all these features and they work. This was the *only* solution I found after months of testing WP plugins and Saas platforms that met our requirements. So far, setup has gone smooth and updates have not broken anything.
What does the company not do well? This has more to do with WordPress. My biggest con is that this is inherently a WordPress plugin and I'm hesitant to run mission-critical software on WordPress. But since all the SaaS LMS' solutions were missing critical features, I decided to give this a shot.In order to gain some peace of mind and find a middle of sorts, I decided to go the extremely safe route with hosting and chose Kinsta since they use the Google Cloud and their pricing structure is reasonable. Plus, having a "staging area" is nice along with their daily backups, incredible speed and Nginx reverse proxy caching.
What do you wish you had known about the company before using? I didn't have any issues that would fall into this category. The plugin works well, support is responsive and the company didn't trigger any red flags in my experience.
Disclaimer: We spend hours researching and writing our articles and strive to provide accurate, up-to-date content. However, our research is meant to aid your own, and we are not acting as licensed professionals. We recommend that you consult with your own lawyer, accountant, or other licensed professional for relevant business decisions. Click here to see our full disclaimer.
Product or company names, logos, and trademarks referred to on this site belong to their respective owners.