What does the company do well? - onboarding consultation - when I just first signed up, guys have analyzed our website and then we spent about an hour in a video chat where they have talked about various features of Sumo and how they can be helpful for our business (including "here are the forms that you can use" and created them right then, during the meeting!)
- Lead capture - this is one of the main reasons we used Sumo on our website. We have moved to HubSpot since then (because when we began using Sumo, HS wasn't as advanced yet) but it has been quite a convenient tool for us to grow our mailing list for email marketing on our blog.
- Forms - you can create embedded forms that are easily implementable on your website.
- Integration - we used MailChimp and it was quick to set it up (even without developers' help)
- Social Sharing - this is another feature that we used - you can easily setup sharing buttons on your website for various social networks and it shows up in Google Analytics as "Sumo" campaign.
What does the company not do well? - The embedded forms were a bit tough to edit - they were just a bit "too editable" if that makes sense. If you were okay with the original form format, then embedding was easy - copy-paste. But if you needed to add a field or rearrange them in the popup window, it was a perfectionist's hell for me (it's possible that it was just me).
What do you wish you had known about the company before using? - The service is good overall and by the way, I didn't have any trouble with the support team - they were on time and very helpful (if you're thinking about Sumo - they usually offer an online consultation - it is VERY good and helpful. Guys did a good job when I talked to them.)
- The product is good, but it's mostly for ecommerce businesses. Our priorities, however, changed, and we didn't need that much email marketing. Besides, HubSpot launched lead flow forms so we didn't need the lead capture from Sumo. But if you're not using HubSpot, go ahead and use Sumo - it's a great thing.