Sage is a fully-featured CRM tool that enables users to perform various tasks in building and managing customer relationships. It has features for sales automation, project management, leads and deals tracking, and contacts management. We compiled Sage CRM reviews from around the web and found that it has mainly positive ratings.
Pricing & Features
Summary of Sage CRM User Reviews
What Sage CRM does well:
Users who recommended Sage CRM said that it is highly customizable to fit every business’s needs. They also liked that they can have easy and convenient access to all the client information they need within the program. Excellent customer service was also often cited.
What Sage CRM does not do well:
Users who gave Sage CRM negative reviews said that there’s a steep learning curve when using the software in the beginning. It is notable, however, that negative reviews were rare and users really like the product in general.
Most Helpful Positive User Review:
A user who left a positive review on G2 Crowd said that Sage CRM is useful in storing client information such as addresses, notes, and phone numbers. She shared that it is easy to create mailing campaigns and make pre-constructed reports to track progress account progress. She also mentioned that every time customer service is needed, they are quick to respond.
Most Helpful Negative User Review:
A user who left a negative review of Sage CRM on G2 Crowd said that while it is highly customizable, if a user doesn’t understand the nuances of the program (or have infinite patience), it can slow their workflow exponentially. She shared that some of their team members struggle with navigating through the program’s different modules — and the process to keep it updated and clean is complicated and tedious.
Sage CRM Pricing
Sage CRM doesn’t publish its pricing plans online. However, services from providers similar to Sage CRM usually costs around $10 to $20 for apps with basic and straightforward functionalities, while more extensive ones cost around $50 to $100+ per month.
Sage CRM Features
Check out the list below of some of Sage CRM’s features.
- Lead and Pipeline Management: enables users to keep track of the various stages of their interaction and level of transaction with their potential clients and customers.
- Team Collaboration Function: lets various members of the team work on the same accounts at the same time.
- Sales Reporting and Forecasting: lets users analyze and predict sales growth within an identified timeframe based on their average business performance.
- Marketing Automation: allows users to perform and automate repetitive tasks related to marketing such as sending email newsletters and managing social media.
- Mobile Access: allows users to manage their CRM functions on the go using their smartphones.
- Third Party Integrations: Lets users seamlessly integrate other apps they use such as marketing automation, ecommerce, file management, social media, landing page builder programs, among others.
Useful Sage CRM Resources
What is a CRM Software? — In this guide, we answer questions surrounding CRM software such as what it does, who needs it, how a CRM works, and how/if it can help your small business.
Best Small Business CRM Software — Read our buyer’s guide for a comparison of the top three CRM for small businesses. We compare Insightly vs. Zoho vs. Salesforce to give you an idea of which CRM will work best for your business needs.
Best Free CRM Software — Want to use a CRM, but not willing to invest any resources? Read our guide on the best free CRM for businesses, plus analysis on what features you’ll get with each.
Best Mobile CRM App for 2017: ProsperWorks vs. PipeDrive vs. Other Top Options — Mobile CRM apps allow sales teams to manage customer relationships on the go. In this article, we looked at the most popular options, the rising stars, and the selected six that suit the range of small business needs.
Sage CRM Overview Video
This video provides an overview on how Sage CRM can help users improve their relationships with their customers using its different functionalities.
When choosing a CRM, it’s important that the software integrates with other applications your business is currently using. Here is a list of some of Sage CRM’s popular integrations.