sales-i is a sales CRM that uses data intelligence to highlight potential leads and customers to businesses. It digs through available and existing information to help identify leads and prevent users from missing promising opportunities. We compiled sales-i reviews from around the web and found that it has mainly positive ratings.
Summary of sales-i User Reviews
What sales-i does well:
Users who recommended sales-i said that they like the app’s ease of use and simplicity. They also find the ability to identify opportunities very helpful.
What sales-i does not do well:
Users who gave sales-i negative reviews said that the mobile app can be improved. They also said that it is sometimes hard to navigate through the system.
Most Helpful Positive User Review:
A user who left a positive review of sales-i on G2 Crowd said that he personally likes the campaign function, which lets them create tailored campaigns based on real-time data on a daily basis. He shared that he also likes the app’s design and ease of use, especially how it highlights areas of opportunities with their customers. Overall, he finds the program helpful in helping their team efficiently look for potential leads.
Most Helpful Negative User Review:
A user who left a negative review of sales-i on G2 Crowd said that navigation within the system can be improved and cited that he finds it hard to look for data entries sometimes. He also said that it would be helpful if the names of report formats can be changed so that they can be better identified, saying that the system has its own jargon, which can be confusing.
sales-i doesn’t publish its pricing plans online. However, services from providers similar to sales-i usually cost around $10 to $20+ for apps with basic and straightforward functionalities, while more extensive ones cost around $50 to $100+ per month.
Quiz: Which CRM is Best for You?
Check out the list below of some of sales-i’s features.
- Contact Management: lets users organize a directory of all their business contacts including their profile and contact information.
- Campaign Builder: helps users come up with high impact campaigns based on the available customer data analyzed by the system.
- Lead and Pipeline Management: enables users to keep track of the various stages of their interaction and level of transaction with their potential clients and customers.
- Lead Pipeline Building: automatically creates a list of opportunities and generates a full pipeline from existing customer data.
- Mobile Access: allows users to manage their CRM functions on the go using their smartphones.
- Third-Party Integrations: lets users seamlessly integrate other apps they use such as marketing automation, ecommerce, file management, social media, among others.
Useful sales-i Resources
Best Small Business CRM Software — Read our buyer’s guide for a comparison of the top three CRM for small businesses. We compare Insightly vs. Zoho vs. Salesforce to give you an idea of which CRM will work best for your business needs.
Best Free CRM Software — Want to use a CRM, but not willing to invest any resources? Read our guide on the best free CRM for businesses, plus analysis on what features you’ll get with each.
Best Mobile CRM App for 2017: ProsperWorks vs. PipeDrive vs. Other Top Options — Mobile CRM apps allow sales teams to manage customer relationships on the go. In this article, we looked at the most popular options, the rising stars, and the selected six that suit the range of small business needs.
sales-i Overview Video
This video provides an overview on how sales-i can help users manage their customers efficiently using its different functionalities.
When choosing a CRM, it’s important that the software integrates with other applications your business is currently using. Here is a list of some of sales-i’s popular integrations.