This article is part of a larger series on Small Business Websites.
SiteGround offers fast and reliable web hosting services for small business needs. Its shared hosting plans come with solid-state drive (SSD) storage, SSL certificate, Cloudflare CDN, daily backups, and business emails. However, it charges an extra fee for domain registration and costs more monthly than the average hosting service. As a result, it is best for those who aren’t afraid to pay a little extra for superb customer support and less common ecommerce features.
Who SiteGround Is Best For
SiteGround’s plans don’t include domain registration and more SSD storage, unlike most of its competitors. However, it still provides impressive capabilities that ensure your website’s security and optimal performance. It is best for web designers, developers, and online store owners due to its advanced development, security, and ecommerce features.
Specifically, SiteGround is best for:
- Businesses looking for a reliable hosting provider with excellent customer support: SiteGround isn’t the cheapest web hosting company, but if your priority is speed and reliability, then this provider is for you. It provides optimal service performance and is known for its helpful and responsive support team. These advantages are some of the main reasons why millions of customers trust SiteGround despite the heavier price tag.
- Online stores set up through WooCommerce: SiteGround offers WooCommerce plans that come with impressive capabilities for building secure online stores. All plans include pre-installed WooCommerce, smart caching, and advanced features like WP-CLI and SSH.
- Developers looking for a shared hosting plan with a staging environment and Git integration: SiteGround provides advanced features that most web hosting companies do not offer in their shared hosting packages, such as a live staging environment and Git integration. These capabilities allow users to test element functions and designs in a live copy of your website and create repositories that you can access later. It also features white labeling in its highest tier, perfect for professional site handovers to clients.
When SiteGround Would Not Be a Good Fit
SiteGround provides secure and reliable web hosting services for personal and small business needs, but it doesn’t guarantee that its plan inclusions and fees match your needs.
- Those wanting to build heavy websites (such as multimedia portfolios): SiteGround offers limited site storage that may not be enough for heavy websites like photography portfolios and demo reels. Try HostGator if you do not want to worry about storage limitations and are looking for feature-rich plans at more affordable prices. It offers unmetered storage and bandwidth, even at its base plan.
- Environment-conscious businesses: Though SiteGround provides a 100% renewable energy match on all its plans, it doesn’t mean it is the best green web hosting provider to consider. If you are looking for better inclusions at lower fees, look into GreenGeeks. Its plans include a 300% green energy match and more inclusions, including storage that starts at 50GB and one-year domain registration.
- Small business owners looking for a more affordable contract-free option: Those who do not need to commit to a web hosting plan may look at DreamHost instead. Unlike SiteGround, DreamHost offers lower monthly prices with more inclusions, such as a drag-and-drop website builder and an unlimited amount of SSD storage. It is one of the best web hosting providers for small businesses for its low-cost plans packed with essential features.
- Businesses that are building a site from scratch: If you are looking for a more comprehensive web hosting package, try Bluehost. It provides everything you need to put up a secure website, including domain registration, SSL certificate, 50GB to unlimited storage space, pre-installed templates, and one-click WordPress installation.
If budget and limited site storage aren’t part of your priorities, then SiteGround is for you. If you are still undecided, read our guide on the best web hosting companies for small businesses.
SiteGround provides commitment-free plans that are higher than the average rates in the market. Additionally, its lower introductory prices only apply on 12- and 36-month contracts. Most providers—like Bluehost—offer the lowest initial fees with its most extended contracts. On the other hand, SiteGround’s best deals are applicable with its 12-month term.
Many cheaper web hosting companies, such as DreamHost, provide more storage and features for creating a new website. Furthermore, most web hosting plans include one-year domain registration with annual plans. SiteGround charges an additional $17.99 for domain registration, regardless of the length of the subscription’s term.
Shared Hosting Plans
Those with only one website
Teams that run multiple websites
Businesses wanting to provide their users white label access
12-Month Term Pricing*
Number of Websites
24/7 Customer Support
On-demand Backup Copies
*Introductory pricing paid in full at the beginning of the billing cycle. Regular rates apply upon renewal.
**Renewal fees vary depending on the length of the term (one-, 12-, 24-, or 36-month contracts).
For more information, select a plan from the drop-down menu below:
If you are sure that you only need one website, then StartUp is for you. Its regular monthly rates range from $10.49 to $19.99, while introductory rates cost $4.99 and $9.99 for 12 and 24 months of subscription, respectively.
The StartUp plan features 10GB of SSD storage and can handle approximately 10,000 monthly visits. You don’t need to worry about overage fees as it also comes with unmetered traffic.
Additionally, SiteGround’s base plan provides the following:
- Free pre-installed standard SSL certificate
- Daily backup
- Free content delivery network (CDN)
- Unlimited email accounts with the customer’s website domain
- Unlimited databases
Those looking to publish more than one site should consider GrowBig. It allows customers to host an unlimited number of websites and handle approximately 25,000 monthly visits. This plan also provides more SSD storage (20GB) compared to the StartUp plan. Apart from your daily backup, you may also save on-demand backup copies that you can restore when something goes wrong with your website.
In addition to all StartUp inclusions, it features a staging environment that lets you easily create a copy of your live website, where you can test new functions and designs. Customers subscribed to its plan also enjoy faster page load speeds with its PHP implementation feature.
Experience SiteGround’s shared hosting services’ full potential with GoGeek. Apart from all GrowBig inclusions, it also provides 40GB of SSD storage, capacity to handle approximately 100,000 monthly visits, Git integration, white labeling, priority support, and the highest tier of resources.
SiteGround Features & Key Insights
SiteGround has a wide range of features that ensures site security and fast page loads. However, it falls short compared to alternatives like HostGator in terms of SSD storage, given its more expensive price point. If you are a beginner who focuses on website speed and customer support, then SiteGround is worth considering.
Below, let’s go over some of its plans’ core inclusions:
Storage & Bandwidth
SiteGround’s shared hosting plans provide 10GB to 40GB of SSD storage. This technology enables a faster load speed of your website’s page than hosting services that utilize hard disk drive (HDD) storage. It also features unmetered traffic and can handle approximately 10,000 to 100,000 monthly visits.
Most of the popular web hosting companies are charging less for more amounts of storage. For instance, HostGator’s base plan—a dollar less than SiteGround’s—comes with unlimited storage and bandwidth.
SiteGround has more globally distributed data centers than some of its competitors, like DreamHost. It allows customers to choose which data centers around the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Australia they would like to utilize for their website.
Additionally, SiteGround offers a free Cloudflare content delivery network (CDN) that spans 90 countries and 194 cities, ensuring fast site load times to visitors from various locations. It also improves your website’s reliability and security by protecting users when an issue is detected.
If you want peace of mind when trying out a new service, then SiteGround is for you. It provides a money-back guarantee with a full refund for shared hosting accounts and services canceled within 30 days of purchase.
It also has a 99.9% annual uptime guarantee that compensates users with one-month free hosting if they fall below the said network uptime. Moreover, an additional month of free hosting will be granted to users for every 1% of uptime lost below 99%.
Features & Inclusions
Unlike most web hosting providers, SiteGround’s plans do not include domain registration, even with annual subscriptions. However, it does have advanced features for a shared hosting service, including a staging environment and Git integration for higher-tiered plans.
All SiteGround’s shared hosting plans come with the essentials, including the following:
- SSD storage
- Unmetered traffic
- Free SSL
- Free email
- Managed WordPress
- Backup (daily or on-demand depending on the tier)
- Unlimited databases
- Collaborator accounts
Though SiteGround is impressive in terms of customer support, performance, and advanced features, some users may still prefer web hosting packages with a higher value for their lower price. Not all customers would need its staging environments and collaborator accounts.
SiteGround provides 24/7 customer service—holidays and weekends included—through tickets, live chat, and phone support. To minimize problem resolution time, all inquiries and assistance received by SiteGround’s system are sorted. It suggests the most appropriate channel to address your concern based on current hold time, availability, and the team’s expertise.
You can also browse through its knowledge base, which features topics around its tools and services, including frequently asked questions (FAQs) on hosting subscriptions, WordPress, and basic and advanced site tools. Those in a hurry can enter their questions in its search bar to view relevant information that may answer their query.
What Users Think of SiteGround
SiteGround received many reviews online across various credible sites, unlike some of its alternatives like GreenGeeks. Customers’ views on its performance and offerings are comparable to our analysis of it being one of the top web hosting providers for online stores and small business WordPress sites. At the time of writing, it earned the following unbiased ratings from popular and credible user review websites:
- Capterra: 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 13 reviews
- G2: 3.9 out of 5 stars based on 125 reviews
- Trustpilot: 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 9,179 reviews
SiteGround is well-known for its superb customer support service that most users are applauding. Despite its more expensive price tag, some recommended its service for its highly responsive and helpful support agents. However, many users complain about its high introductory prices—with not much value on its packages—and the price jumps for renewals.
SiteGround is not the cheapest web hosting company in the market, but it boasts top-notch performance and support that customers love. Its very limited storage, lack of free domain registration for annual subscriptions, and the higher price tag may drive some users away. However, if you are looking for a dependable hosting company for a light website, then SiteGround is worth a try.