Soffront is an integrated CRM and marketing automation software. It enables marketing and sales teams to perform various tasks such as contact directory management, task management, case ticketing, email marketing, and lead monitoring. We compiled Soffront reviews from around the web and found that it has generally positive ratings. We also shared its available subscription options.
Summary of Soffront User Reviews
What Soffront does well:
Users who recommended Soffront said that it is simple to use and highly customizable. They also like its strong marketing automation functionalities. Great customer service was also consistently cited.
What Soffront does not do well:
Users who gave Soffront negative reviews said that they occasionally experience glitches in the system. Some users said that the system lacks the ability to track duplicate emails. They also said that it is a pricey product.
Most Helpful Positive User Review:
A user who left a positive review of Soffront on Software Advice said that he likes how easy it is to customize tabs specific to their sales cycle. He also highlighted that Soffront makes it easy for their team members to stay on top of their tasks and organize their sales process.
Most Helpful Negative User Review:
A user who left a negative review of Soffront on G2 Crowd said that he encounters occasional problems when using the ticketing system, which result to lost customer information and team unproductivity.
Soffront has three subscription options that are billed per user monthly and come with a minimum 6-month contract. The Basic plan costs $100, the Professional plan costs $200, and the Advanced plan costs $700. The main differences between the plans are number of contacts & emails and access to premium features such as advanced CRM and sales automation.
Quiz: Which CRM is Best For You?
Check out the list below of some of Soffront’s features.
- Contact Management: lets users organize a directory of all their business contacts including their profile and contact information.
- Customer Interaction Management: enables users to keep track of the various stages of their interaction and level of transaction with their potential clients or existing customers.
- Customizable Workflows: enables businesses to customize the program based on their internal business processes.
- Marketing Automation: allows users to perform and automate repetitive tasks related to marketing such as sending email newsletters and managing social media.
- Sales Automation: allows users to perform and automate repetitive tasks related to sales such as order processing, information sharing, inventory monitoring and control, and order tracking.
- Performance Reporting and Analysis: lets users analyze sales growth within an identified timeframe based on their average business performance.
- Third Party Integrations: lets users seamlessly integrate other apps they use such as marketing automation, ecommerce, file management, social media, among others.
Useful Soffront Resources
The 6 Best CRM Software for Small Business in 2018 — Read our buyer’s guide for the top six CRM for small businesses. We looked at the most popular options and rising stars that cover the range of options for small businesses in terms of price, features, and integrations.
Best Free CRM Software — Want to use a CRM, but not willing to invest any resources? Read our guide on the best free CRM for businesses, plus analysis on what features you’ll get with each.
Best Mobile CRM App for 2017: ProsperWorks vs. PipeDrive vs. Other Top Options — Mobile CRM apps allow sales teams to manage customer relationships on the go. In this article, we looked at the most popular options, the rising stars, and the selected six that suit the range of small business needs.
My business has more contacts than what is included in the plans. What can I do?
Users who need additional room for contacts can purchase more allocation. Apart from contacts, users can also increase their allocation for emails, phone calls, and card scans.
I am new to using a CRM platform. Is there training available?
Yes. New users can opt to purchase onboarding plans with costs ranging from $400 to $900, depending on the scope of training included in the onboarding package.
Soffront Overview Video
This video provides an overview on how Soffront can help users improve their relationships with their clients using its different functionalities.
When choosing a CRM, it’s important that the software integrates with other applications your business is currently using. Here is a list of some of Soffront’s popular integrations apart from Microsoft Outlook.