Solve360 is a simple CRM with project and task management functionalities. It enables users to collaboratively work on the same accounts, manage their contacts, and monitor the progress of their leads and deals. We compiled Solve360 reviews from around the web and found that it has generally positive ratings. We also shared its available pricing options.
Summary of Solve360 User Reviews
What Solve360 does well:
Users who recommended Solve360 said that they like the available templates included in the program. They also said that the role-based access to information is helpful. Excellent customer service and great new user onboarding were also cited.
What Solve360 does not do well:
Users who gave Solve360 negative reviews said that integrations with apps other than Google should be improved. Some users also experience occasional glitches, crashes, and down times.
Most Helpful Positive User Review:
A user who left a positive review of Solve360 on G2 Crowd said that the tool works great in helping them run their sales processes. He said that it is easy to link companies and contacts to the projects their teams are currently managing. He also highlighted its great integration with the Google Suite of programs, saying that users can easily sync Google contacts and Google calendar.
Most Helpful Negative User Review:
A user who left a negative review of Solve360 on G2 Crowd said that he has a lot of experiences with delays and crashes in the system. He shared that there have been several occasions when Solve360 crashed while using it — without being able to save anything, causing him to repeat all his inputs from scratch. He also wishes for better compatibility with Microsoft Office.
Solve360 has three subscription options: the Solve CRM plan costs $25/user/month, the Solve Client Manager plan costs $25/user/month, and the CRM + Client Manager plan costs $50/user/month. The main differences between the plans are number of minimum users, storage size, and features such as role-based access to apps.
|Solve CRM (minimum of 4 users)|
|Solve Client Manager|
(no minimum number of users)
|CRM + Client Manager (minimum of 4 users)|
Check out the list below of some of Solve360’s features.
- Contact Management: lets users organize a directory of all their business contacts, including their profiles and contact information.
- Sales Reporting and Forecasting: lets users analyze and predict sales growth within an identified timeframe based on their average business performance.
- Task Management: allows users to track the progress of their various tasks and projects.
- Team Collaboration Function Through Linked Emails: lets various members of the team work on the same accounts at the same time by getting pertinent information from emails.
- Customer Segmentation: profiles contacts into different segments within the app for more targeted outreach.
- Mobile Access: allows users to manage their CRM functions on the go using their smartphones.
- Third Party Integrations: lets users seamlessly integrate other apps they use such as marketing automation, ecommerce, file management, social media, among others.
Useful Solve360 Resources
Best Small Business CRM Software — Read our buyer’s guide for a comparison of the top three CRM for small businesses. We compare Insightly vs. Zoho vs. Salesforce to give you an idea of which CRM will work best for your business needs.
Best Free CRM Software — Want to use a CRM, but not willing to invest any resources? Read our guide on the best free CRM for businesses, plus analysis on what features you’ll get with each.
Best Mobile CRM App for 2017: ProsperWorks vs. PipeDrive vs. Other Top Options — Mobile CRM apps allow sales teams to manage customer relationships on the go. In this article, we looked at the most popular options, the rising stars, and the selected six that suit the range of small business needs.
Solve360 Overview Video
This video provides an overview on how Solve360 can help users improve their relationships with their customers using its different functionalities.
When choosing a CRM, it’s important that the software integrates with other applications your business is currently using. Here is a list of some of Solve360’s popular integrations. These apps are also pre-integrated to the system and don’t need to be manually integrated.